Options

Jeff Ament's Debut Solo Album "TONE" - Pre-Sale Starts Today!

RubysdadRubysdad Posts: 133
edited September 2008 in The Porch

Jeff Ament's debut solo project, "TONE," is set to be released on September
16th via http://www.tenclub.net and at select U.S. independent music stores. We'd like to give
you a chance to pre-order your limited edition copy starting today.

Also, check out Jeff's answers to the questions from the board members www.pearljam.com/jeffament/.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff Ament’s Debut Solo Album “Tone” - Pre-Sale Starts Today!

Jeff Ament's debut solo project, "Tone," is set to be released on September 16th via http://www.tenclub.net and at select U.S. independent music stores. We’d like to give you a chance to pre-order your limited edition copy starting today.

“Tone” features ten original tracks by Jeff culled from more than fifty-plus “works in progress.” Penned over the last eight years, the final collection offers a look into Ament’s world of early life in Montana and how it has shaped his music. Much like Jeff’s own life story, “Tone” tells the tale of a group of characters from a small town in Montana and their slow integration into life in the big city. The album emerged from his desire to take care of “unfinished business,” taking the original works and paring them down to a batch of like-minded and introspective songs.

Featuring a little help from drummer Richard Stuverud (The Fastbacks, War Babies, Three Fish) and King’s X frontman Dug Pinnick, “Tone” is raw and touches on many musical influences, a searing collection of tracks that trace back to Jeff’s early music roots. In his own words “Tone” is Jeff “unchecked, left to his own devices, playing instruments he is not comfortable with, singing, pushing and painting himself into corners.”

Click here to check out a special Q&A Jeff did with Pearl Jam message pit posters and to pre-order your copy today.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    yay

:D
    :p
    :)
  • Options
    links dont work.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,671
    sweet :)

good stuff Amos,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    got one
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    links dont work.

remove the x in the link

http://www.pearljam.com/jeffament/
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    links dont work.

Get rid of the "X" in the link location and it should work.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    links dont work.

here's the correct URL:

http://www.pearljam.com/jeffament/
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    the wolfthe wolf Posts: 7,027
    very cool. something to look forward 2.

just placed the order.

im excited about this!
    Peace, Love.

"To question your government is not unpatriotic --
    to not question your government is unpatriotic."
    -- Sen. Chuck Hagel
  • Options
    3 things:

1. The word "shan’t" appears again in the Pearl Jam universe.

2. 45? Where does the time go?

3. Good luck with the record.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    got one
  • Options
    Are there any plans at all for you to tour in support of this record? If so, you can crash at my place in Omaha. My wife will make you delicious breakfast burritos in the morning....and I will help.

I love a good breakfast burrito, but I shan’t be playing any shows this year….maybe down the road sometime. I travel too much doing shows with the band anyway. I haven’t been to the south in awhile, so I’m looking forward to playing some PJ shows down there next year.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    Are there any plans at all for you to tour in support of this record? If so, you can crash at my place in Omaha. My wife will make you delicious breakfast burritos in the morning....and I will help.

I love a good breakfast burrito, but I shan’t be playing any shows this year….maybe down the road sometime. I travel too much doing shows with the band anyway. I haven’t been to the south in awhile, so I’m looking forward to playing some PJ shows down there next year.
    Ha!! I was JUST gonna post that!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    ovechkin8 wrote:
    I haven’t been to the south in awhile, so I’m looking forward to playing some PJ shows down there next year.

Thanks for throwing us a bone. ;)

PBM

• Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Can't wait to check it out! :)

YAY, JEFF!!
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    Ha!! I was JUST gonna post that!!!

i knew it was gonna make a bunch of people happy
  • Options
    Them-Bones: "Is it Stone's fault that this took so long?"

jA: "Yes it is. It would have taken even longer if I didn’t know Stone."

• Options
    looking forward to this in the mail, 10$ , what a bargain!
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    he's looking forward to playing down south....such B.S....
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    rickprickp Posts: 219
    nice stuff... looking forward to hearing this
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,028
    ovechkin8 wrote:

:(
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    i've never really been to the south (outside of florida, and that definitely doesn't count since a. its florida and b. im a jew form new york) so i'm definitely lookign forward to driving through and hitting a string of shows. pearl jam is my excuse to see places i've never seen before.

what kind of person goes to calgary?
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    Hey...

you be careful with Calgary...
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    [size=+3]
    YEAH!!! STANDING OVATION FOR JEFF !! YEAH !!!
    [/size]
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    Thanks for the notice!
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Rubysdad wrote:

Jeff Ament's debut solo project, "TONE," is set to be released on September
    16th via http://www.tenclub.net and at select U.S. independent music stores. We'd like to give
    you a chance to pre-order your limited edition copy starting today.

Also, check out Jeff's answers to the questions from the board members www.pearljam.com/jeffament/.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeff Ament’s Debut Solo Album “Tone” - Pre-Sale Starts Today!

Jeff Ament's debut solo project, "Tone," is set to be released on September 16th via http://www.tenclub.net and at select U.S. independent music stores. We’d like to give you a chance to pre-order your limited edition copy starting today.

“Tone” features ten original tracks by Jeff culled from more than fifty-plus “works in progress.” Penned over the last eight years, the final collection offers a look into Ament’s world of early life in Montana and how it has shaped his music. Much like Jeff’s own life story, “Tone” tells the tale of a group of characters from a small town in Montana and their slow integration into life in the big city. The album emerged from his desire to take care of “unfinished business,” taking the original works and paring them down to a batch of like-minded and introspective songs.

Featuring a little help from drummer Richard Stuverud (The Fastbacks, War Babies, Three Fish) and King’s X frontman Dug Pinnick, “Tone” is raw and touches on many musical influences, a searing collection of tracks that trace back to Jeff’s early music roots. In his own words “Tone” is Jeff “unchecked, left to his own devices, playing instruments he is not comfortable with, singing, pushing and painting himself into corners.”

Click here to check out a special Q&A Jeff did with Pearl Jam message pit posters and to pre-order your copy today.

Thank you, Tim... I have one complaint.

Jeff's answers in white font is hard to read... it'd be easier on the eyes if it were changed to black or darker color?

Congrats, Jeff! :)

Nice to see familiar pits names and having their questions personally answered by Jeff himself! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Temporarily out of stock.... sheeh already???
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Vedder1029 wrote:

What the??
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Hey...

you be careful with Calgary...

went there for the show in 05...was shocked to see cowboys in canada.
  • Options
    Vedder1029 wrote:
    i love how they dont warn people when things go on sale. i come home after my brother's operation and i find out about this... :( love the 10c and all, but the 1 minute warnings i can do without..
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Vedder1029 wrote:

It's back up for sale now - looks like the webstore had a "moment"! :-)
    "Shoe the Shoeless!"