Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    I am pretty sure I saw that Brian's story will be on some psychic show on A&E on Monday nite. Just an FYI for all of you following this story.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • MakeMeCry43MakeMeCry43 Posts: 355
    yahamita wrote:
    I will be contacting you sometime in the fall when I want to hold the get together. YOU can help via the web. I appreciate your offer. You can start by adding any type of info to your myspace page, or signature.

It's my absolute pleasure Yahamita! I will definitely be waiting for your email, I would love to do anything that can help, after all we really all do need each other....Sure thing, I have several social networks, I'll get on it right now! Thanks for the heads up :)
    "Does anyone remember laughter?"

"Where's Mike McCready? My god he's been ate!"

"If you're an Elvis fan, there's no explanation necessary; if you're not, there's no explanation possible."

"Sometimes God makes perfect people and Paul Newman was one of them." - RIP Paul Newman
  • RhynoRhyno Posts: 304
    I am pretty sure I saw that Brian's story will be on some psychic show on A&E on Monday nite. Just an FYI for all of you following this story.

I was just flipping channels and I came across this show.
    Cheers!
    Rhyno

11/30/1991 ~ 3/25/92 ~ 8/28/92 ~ 6/30/98 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 6/18/2003 ~ 6/21/2003 ~ 6/26/2006 ~ 6/27/2006 ~ 7/7/2006 ~ 8/5/2007 ~ 6/24/2008 ~ ALPINE VALLEY in '09 ;-)
  • wma11wma11 Posts: 790
    Yeah, I was watching the show and then they mentioned his name and I immediately recognized his name from this thread, hopefully those Psychic Kids uncover some info that was overlooked...I was just kinda shocked that I saw the show and put 2 & 2 together, I hope the show helped in finding Brian...
    I met my wife here...you can too! Don't lose hope!
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    That is correct. The A&E show Psychic Kids did a segment on Brian last night. Sorry I was out of town and wasn't able to post until it was too late.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    yahamita wrote:
    That is correct. The A&E show Psychic Kids did a segment on Brian last night. Sorry I was out of town and wasn't able to post until it was too late.

What did they say last night?
  • ballgameballgame Posts: 201
    sad
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    What did they say last night?

they went to the bar scene and observed..........

Kids said they felt jealousy/anger................also physical harm. Somebody watching him and possibly attacking.

One kid said they thought Brian left and then came back later in the night, which according to the tapes did happen.........
    they went to the bar scene and observed..........

Kids said they felt jealousy/anger................also physical harm. Somebody watching him and possibly attacking.

One kid said they thought Brian left and then came back later in the night, which according to the tapes did happen.........
    Also a girl with strawberry blonde hair knows something. I say...keep your friends close, but keep your enemy's even closer...That is all I got to say about the "friends"

I just spoke with Brians father. He feels in his heart something is going to come of this before Sept. There are other things going on as well, I believe will shed some clues and answer some questions or lead to the ones who know what happened to Brian. And speaking of which, the fundraiser time this weekend at Flannagans is from 1-6..PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COME OUT wear your PJ gear, meet Randy, Brians father, and show him how much you still have faith and care.
    also check this out...
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24366804/

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    I just read the article that you linked and this really freaks me out, I went to small university in southern Indiana from 91-95, there was this guy who went to a frat party and was found dead the next morning in the Wabash river, the town blamed it on the black kids who had formed a gang in the town called the GI Possy, but this was an extrememly racist town~known for KKK marches to this day. Everything in the article was so close to what happened. Should I tell anyone, or am I just paranoid?

I hope the family finds out something about Brian, I think about him often and I don't even know him. I keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
    irieinindy wrote:
    I just read the article that you linked and this really freaks me out, I went to small university in southern Indiana from 91-95, there was this guy who went to a frat party and was found dead the next morning in the Wabash river, the town blamed it on the black kids who had formed a gang in the town called the GI Possy, but this was an extrememly racist town~known for KKK marches to this day. Everything in the article was so close to what happened. Should I tell anyone, or am I just paranoid?

I hope the family finds out something about Brian, I think about him often and I don't even know him. I keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
    Please please please somehow contact the Minnesota PD. They are the ones working on the Smiley Face murders. I know what you mean about Indiana, I lived there for 5 years before I moved here to Oregon. Did you know they had KKK memorabilia in the museum in Indy?!?!?!?!
    Also, this week A&E will be re-airing the program Psychic Kids interview Randy, Brians father

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 671
    I will, like I said, it all sounds way too familiar. I'll make sure I watch the show as well!
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • CupofjoeCupofjoe Posts: 557
    Prays are with.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    irieinindy wrote:

There have been some strange deaths with male college students in upper wisconsin near Minnesota border for a few yrs. Some ruled dronwings but some of them just dont add up to that. Scray stuff.
  • yahamita wrote:

I saw this segment completely by chance. I meant to post about it in here but this is the first time I've been online since then. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this.

They said they couldn't air all of what was said by the kids because it would compromise the investigation. I hope some of what we didn't see is useful and that Brian is found (God willing safely) so that his family can finally get some closure.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    I saw this segment completely by chance. I meant to post about it in here but this is the first time I've been online since then. I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw this.

They said they couldn't air all of what was said by the kids because it would compromise the investigation. I hope some of what we didn't see is useful and that Brian is found (God willing safely) so that his family can finally get some closure.
    Hey Mel,
    I spoke with Brians father last night. He is worried no one is going to show up for the fundraiser this SAT 1-6 pm.. Crime stoppers will be there for a fun filled day of volleyball.
    There is alot of info regarding a friend that can't be said at this point due to the investigation. He really feels something will break soon as far as information from the police, but the Minneapolis PD is dragging their feet releasing one key piece of information/clues regarding Brian and the Smiley Face killers. I'm wondering if us fans should bombard the PD with phone calls to let them know we won't let up until they do something about this case!
    We agreed its time to get the T-shirts printed again and sold. Randy gave away over 300 t-shirts, but can't afford to give anymore away. He has put all of his time and money into finding Brian, and not working.
    There have been some strange deaths with male college students in upper wisconsin near Minnesota border for a few yrs. Some ruled dronwings but some of them just dont add up to that. Scray stuff.
    Exactly P...Not sure how much I can say, but the Minn PD have their hands on key information and it seems like they are dragging their feet getting it out to the public. There really is some scary stuff going on in the Mid West

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    scary-iest thread i have ever read..

my prayers go out to the family..
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
    locked wrote:
    scary-iest thread i have ever read..

my prayers go out to the family..
    I'm glad folks are starting to stop back in and see the updates..if anyone else knows of any suspicious deaths in the MidWest...please contact your local PD or crimestoppers

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    Some of you have PM'd to ask about donations since you can't attend the fundraiser. Here is the message Randy sent to me today...Hope this helps with sending donations..

To all of you that can attend, Tony Luzio and I are hosting a fund raiser at Flanagon's on Sawmill road just south of 270. It will be from 11 am to 6 pm. All of the proceeds will go to help with finding missing adults, sexual predators, weekly most wanted, crime of the week, and other ongoing projects. This fund raiser is so important to me as I do NOT want to see another family suffer the hardships of losing a child. The donations will make a difference, believe me. Nothing makes me happier than to see a missing adult come home alive. Please come and support Tony and me in this effort. Please pass this around to everyone that you know. Donations can also be sent to Central Ohio Crime Stoppers, PO Box 16038, Columbus, Ohio, 43216-6308 Thank you all so much again, Randy, Brian's Dad

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    Anyone making donations, please reference Flannagans Fundraiser on your checks or paypal...thanks!
    This Sat is the fundraiser...

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • OCD4PJOCD4PJ Posts: 15
    omg this is so sad/scary!
    i was at that tour...
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,807
    I just got back from the Crime Stopper event. I got there a little late, but still in time to hear words from someone who's name I didn't catch, Tony Luzio, and Randy Shaffer.

I tried to take photos, but they all turned out like crap...I gotta learn how to use my camera.

Beers and soft drinks were $1 each. Hot dogs and sides were $3 each, burgers were $4 each. Yes, it was expensive. Yes, I went through $15 without knowing it, but it was for a good cause, and I don't mind spending money on good causes like this one.

There were maybe 40-50 people there, and i'd say there were over 30 items in the silent auction. Most of the stuff consisted of tickets and/or memorabilia from sports teams around the state. Two of the more prominent items of non-sports things were a framed/autographed photo and CD of High School Musical, and a similar item of Miley Cyrus, although it was credited as "Hannah Montana."

10 Club, it would be a WONDERFUL idea if you could donate something for next year's event. Even if it's something small like an autographed CD and a t-shirt, I know it would be appreciated. I know you have limited funds, but please at least consider it?

After everyone important said words, there was live music. After the live music, some of the raffle items were given away. I forget what all there was, but Victoria's Secret had a gift basket, a local pizza place gave away a coupon for a pizza, and some other things were given away. Someone donated a XBox 360 with 20 gig HD, headphones, and all the works. Tickets were $1, or 6 tickets for $5, something like that. The first live music was an acoustic guitarist. The second live music was some sort of band, but I couldn't stay.

I had a few personal words with Randy. Of course, he thanks us for all the support...I told him that I am still amazed by the support of the community, ranging as far away as Australia and Egypt. (If I didn't mention your far away land, please don't take it personally. In the conversation, those two places just came to mind right away.)

I didn't realize it at the time, but apparently a ton of work went into having Ed mention Brian's situation at the Cincinnati show in 2006. I think Randy mentioned someone in Oregon helping out with that. Of course he also thanked us for all the work done with the t-shirts and flyers that were distributed.

Unfortunately, it was hotter than crap, and combined with the fact that I was wearing a black Riot Act t-shirt, and that I also had a few other things to do, I had to leave a little early.

Randy had the white "Missing" t-shirt on, and I had the Riot Act tour shirt on. If there was more Pearl Jam in the crowd, I didn't see it.

No, I didn't make it up to the rooftop patio. Apparently there was some action going on there, but oh well. I just wanted to soak it all in, and not cause too much of a scene.

But, once again, thanks for all the work that you've done, Pearl Jam fans. If something could be organized for the west coast, I know that would be appreciated.

Oh, this is very important. http://www.10tv.com should have video clips. http://www.columbusnewsclips.com should have other clips from today's even that you can obtain. Go there for more info on how to obtain the clips of Randy, Tony, and whatever else they filmed.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    yahamita wrote:

Just saw the Psychic Kids episode - interesting stuff from all three kids. Not all their "messages" could be discussed on-air due to the ongoing investigation, but hopefully some good will become of it. So sad to see Brian's father suffering still.
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
    I just got back from the Crime Stopper event. I got there a little late, but still in time to hear words from someone who's name I didn't catch, Tony Luzio, and Randy Shaffer.

I tried to take photos, but they all turned out like crap...I gotta learn how to use my camera.

Beers and soft drinks were $1 each. Hot dogs and sides were $3 each, burgers were $4 each. Yes, it was expensive. Yes, I went through $15 without knowing it, but it was for a good cause, and I don't mind spending money on good causes like this one.

There were maybe 40-50 people there, and i'd say there were over 30 items in the silent auction. Most of the stuff consisted of tickets and/or memorabilia from sports teams around the state. Two of the more prominent items of non-sports things were a framed/autographed photo and CD of High School Musical, and a similar item of Miley Cyrus, although it was credited as "Hannah Montana."

10 Club, it would be a WONDERFUL idea if you could donate something for next year's event. Even if it's something small like an autographed CD and a t-shirt, I know it would be appreciated. I know you have limited funds, but please at least consider it?

After everyone important said words, there was live music. After the live music, some of the raffle items were given away. I forget what all there was, but Victoria's Secret had a gift basket, a local pizza place gave away a coupon for a pizza, and some other things were given away. Someone donated a XBox 360 with 20 gig HD, headphones, and all the works. Tickets were $1, or 6 tickets for $5, something like that. The first live music was an acoustic guitarist. The second live music was some sort of band, but I couldn't stay.

I had a few personal words with Randy. Of course, he thanks us for all the support...I told him that I am still amazed by the support of the community, ranging as far away as Australia and Egypt. (If I didn't mention your far away land, please don't take it personally. In the conversation, those two places just came to mind right away.)

I didn't realize it at the time, but apparently a ton of work went into having Ed mention Brian's situation at the Cincinnati show in 2006. I think Randy mentioned someone in Oregon helping out with that. Of course he also thanked us for all the work done with the t-shirts and flyers that were distributed.

Unfortunately, it was hotter than crap, and combined with the fact that I was wearing a black Riot Act t-shirt, and that I also had a few other things to do, I had to leave a little early.

Randy had the white "Missing" t-shirt on, and I had the Riot Act tour shirt on. If there was more Pearl Jam in the crowd, I didn't see it.

No, I didn't make it up to the rooftop patio. Apparently there was some action going on there, but oh well. I just wanted to soak it all in, and not cause too much of a scene.

But, once again, thanks for all the work that you've done, Pearl Jam fans. If something could be organized for the west coast, I know that would be appreciated.

Oh, this is very important. http://www.10tv.com should have video clips. http://www.columbusnewsclips.com should have other clips from today's even that you can obtain. Go there for more info on how to obtain the clips of Randy, Tony, and whatever else they filmed.
    Thank you so much for the update!!! I haven't had a chance to speak to Randy yet this morning to get his input, but thank you for attending and giving us all the info that you did. I am planning a fall event out here on the West Coast, so hopefully 10C can donate something for the raffle. Please try and make it out! Again thanks for representing us fans at the event. You rock!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Keep up the great work, Lost In Ohio and yahamita! :)

I still have that "missing Pearl Jam Fan" t-shirt I made two years ago and wear it from time to time. I think about him, too.

I am very happy and impressed with what you all have done to keep this alive and going.

Keep up the good work!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    IamMine wrote:
    Keep up the great work, Lost In Ohio and yahamita! :)

I still have that "missing Pearl Jam Fan" t-shirt I made two years ago and wear it from time to time. I think about him, too.

I am very happy and impressed with what you all have done to keep this alive and going.

Keep up the good work!
    It also takes fans like yourself to keep Brian in mind with wearing that shirt. We are going to be offerning those again as soon as I get ahold of the maker. I have all the info, just need to get into contact with her. Keep coming back checking on info. We are hoping the Minnesota PD will be releasing some info they received soon.

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,039
    yahamita wrote:
    It also takes fans like yourself to keep Brian in mind with wearing that shirt. We are going to be offerning those again as soon as I get ahold of the maker. I have all the info, just need to get into contact with her. Keep coming back checking on info. We are hoping the Minnesota PD will be releasing some info they received soon.
    I know this has probably been asked like a million times on here, sorry if it had been, but has anyone contacted Americas Most Wanted? Maybe they can help get the story out even more.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    yahamita wrote:

I wish I could have done more to help out...but my hands are tied this year with so many things going on at home (and outside), unfortunately.... but I try as much as I can to keep tabs on the latest information on our fellow PJ fan.

I look forward to the latest information shared by the Minnesota PD that could shed some light on this case!

How did you manage to get the funding for the t-shirts?

I had a difficult time doing that two years ago...but then again, I suck at organizing, writing persuasive letters/emails, and so on....

So, my hats off to you and others! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
    LukinFan wrote:
    I know this has probably been asked like a million times on here, sorry if it had been, but has anyone contacted Americas Most Wanted? Maybe they can help get the story out even more.
    I actually have all the info laying on my desk working on it. You can only contact them via mail with cases or missing person requests. I have to make up a packet and have everything all nice and neat for those guys.
    I did in fact get a response from the group of college kids working on cold cases. They are looking the info over now.
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/06/11/crime.club/index.html

IamMine wrote:
    I wish I could have done more to help out...but my hands are tied this year with so many things going on at home (and outside), unfortunately.... but I try as much as I can to keep tabs on the latest information on our fellow PJ fan.

I look forward to the latest information shared by the Minnesota PD that could shed some light on this case!

How did you manage to get the funding for the t-shirts?

I had a difficult time doing that two years ago...but then again, I suck at organizing, writing persuasive letters/emails, and so on....

So, my hats off to you and others! :)
    Randy(Brians father) bought all the shirts and gave them away. Over 300 of them until his funds ran out. We are going to offer those for sale this time with part of the donations going to help find Brian!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-