Options

Columbus area Pearl Jam fan gone missing...

Comments

• Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    mikeg19_82 wrote:
    Though it is sad, it's time to un-sticky this thread.

and it's STICKY status is bugging you WHY?

Leave it STICKY!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

I didn't know about this missing Pearl Jam fan until I read this stickied note... and that was probably only 6 months ago. Ed cared enough to mention Brian in concert so people could be aware of his disappearance. Having this sticky will bring awareness to people like me who haven't been following the story since day 1.
    Makes much more sense to live in the Present Tense.

Shows: 05/30/03, 09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/24/05, 09/25/05, 07/22/06, 04/02/08 (EV solo), 08/08/09, 08/23/09, 08/24/09, 09/25/09, 09/21/11, 09/23/11, /9/30/12, 12/02/13... many more to come!
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    If we can put up with stickys announcing Poster sales and Jammie votes,
    why would anyone object to one about a missing Pearl Jam fan?
    I'd rather see all the other stickys go, and this one left up. Let's get our priorities right, shall we?
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    I just found out about this now, i hope he is found. Its a shame to see a fellow fan gone.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I just found out about this now, i hope he is found. Its a shame to see a fellow fan gone.
    This thread got me lurking at the Pit again after a 4 year absent. So sad. Such a sad ordeal for his family and friends not knowing his whereabouts.

I know most of us are excited for the tour this June but definitely be precautious and be safe.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    Hey I'm not saying this is what happened but reading this article made me think of these posts.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?cat=10830v=1
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    Hey I'm not saying this is what happened but reading this article made me think of these posts.

Wow!

could be onto something..!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,368

Wow.. that's just sad, and disheartening.
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mikeg19_82 wrote:

It's time for people to stop posting stuff like this in the most important thread on this entire board.
  • Options

That is scary but seems quite plausible. So sad. Wtf is wrong with people?

I can't imagine not knowing what happened to a love one.
  • Options

I just saw that article and immediately thought of Brian Shaffer too. So I came to the Message Pit to post about it - glad you linked to it, bosspringsteen. Whether this case turns out to be related or not, it's goddamn tragic.
  • Options
    The story was featured on E! TV this weekend. It had originally aired 4/7/07. I've known about Bria for months, but it was the first time I'd seen it featured on TV - I sobbed.

Sticky stays - don't read it if you don't like it - like everything else.
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Options
    This was posted on another message board. Looks like we're not the only ones wondering if Brian's case may be linked.

http://www.nbc4i.com/midwest/cmh/news.apx.-content-articles-CMH-2008-04-29-0026.html
  • Options
    juannisjuannis Posts: 73
    i just read that news article and i now am chilled to the bone. this same thing happened in albany, ny this past fall. a college student dissappeared from a bar back in the fall sometime and had been missing. they just found his body down river in the hudson a couple weeks back. wow...not quite sure how i even feel right now. sort of sick i think....i hope law enforcement knows about the other similar cases that have happened all over.
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    juannisjuannis Posts: 73
    aa
    No time to be void and save up on life, you gotta spend it all.

10/4/96, 9/11/98, 8/25/00, 8/27/00, 8/30/00, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 7/3/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/3/06, 10/22/06, 8/5/07, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 8/2/08 (EV)
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    juannis wrote:
    i just read that news article and i now am chilled to the bone. this same thing happened in albany, ny this past fall. a college student dissappeared from a bar back in the fall sometime and had been missing. they just found his body down river in the hudson a couple weeks back. wow...not quite sure how i even feel right now. sort of sick i think....i hope law enforcement knows about the other similar cases that have happened all over.

yeah I live near the town he was found in... it was all over the news... crazy and sad world we live in.
  • Options
    KushikushunKushikushun Posts: 1,263
    I have no words for this....not really. How afwul is it not to know what has happened to someone you know and love?! I read about Brian before, and I try to keep up with the updates here.
    This latest story is unsettling to say the least.
    The investigation of the gang of murderers sounds far fetched, but we have seen crazy things happen in the world. It could be, it could also not be.

The strangest thing is that Brians body was never found. Thats just the hardest part I imagine. I dont know if they investigated this, but the investigators from the "gang murderers" cases said that evidence was laid out specifically, but the body was found in a total different direction.
    Has this been taken into consideration in the investigation of Brians dissapearance?

That would make it so much harder of course, bc where to look?! I just hope that if he has died, someone will find his body.
    A note:

Dear family and friends,

I am so sorry for your loss. For having to miss Brian. I can not even begin to imagine your grief.
    However, I hope you still take on life with a smile, so that your life is not bound or wasted by another persons wrongdoings.
    What goes around, comes around and if someone has harmed Brian, they will have to deal with that in one way or the other.
    Not that that knowledge is any use to you, as that will not bring your loved one back.

I wish for you that Brian will be found and you will receive the answers to all your questions about his dissapearance. I also wish for you a beautiful life enjoying all the good that is part of it.

GIANT HUG,
    Francisca.
    Why not be mediocre and be the best at it that you can be?
  • Options
    Someone around my campus (Monroe Community College Brighton/Henrietta NY) was a recent victim to this/these psycho paths just a couple weeks ago. He was found laying faced down in a pond and they found a smiley face next to him. It's kind of scary when this kind of stuff happens around you. Especially me being male, a weight lifter and a partier.
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I've never replied in this thread but have seen it many times b4. In upper Wisconsin and Minnesota there have been some college guys that have gone missing and then their bodies found in rivers. Very strange stories and makes you wonder. Very scary and sad stuff.
  • Options
    I've never replied in this thread but have seen it many times b4. In upper Wisconsin and Minnesota there have been some college guys that have gone missing and then their bodies found in rivers. Very strange stories and makes you wonder. Very scary and sad stuff.

Yea thats the thing about this group of psycho paths, each murder has something to do with water I guess.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,512
    They should know better than to release that type of information about the smiley faces. It could lead to copycats.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    The strangest thing is that Brians body was never found. Thats just the hardest part I imagine. I dont know if they investigated this, but the investigators from the "gang murderers" cases said that evidence was laid out specifically, but the body was found in a total different direction.
    Has this been taken into consideration in the investigation of Brians dissapearance?

Yeah, according to those news articles reference the smiley faces, there hasn't been any word that they found one.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    ever found?
  • Options
    WildChildRoseWildChildRose Posts: 568
    My mom was just randomly telling me about that Smiley Face killer today and showed me this link:

http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

Brian is mentioned in this. Why isn't more being done??? If there is a serial killer out there doing this, shouldn't the FBI be involved? I don't get how this country works sometimes. Unbelievable.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me.."
  • Options
    redmosquito10redmosquito10 Posts: 568
    There's an article on cnn.com about the smiley-face killers, and apparently there will be at least some type of story about it on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight on CNN at 10 pm EST
    "Ah, life is a gate, a way, a path to Paradise anyway, why not live for fun and joy and love or some sort of girl by a fireside, why not go to your desire and LAUGH..."
  • Options
    AddictedAddicted Posts: 124
    They should know better than to release that type of information about the smiley faces. It could lead to copycats.

that and they said they have the names of suspects but are not ready to arrest and dont want them to run so they will not release the names. i think even an idiot would stop/run if they saw the symbol that they left and claim of knowing who it is on the news. i could see a small group doing this in todays world.
    hold on to the thread
    the currents will shift
  • Options
    crazyindigo82crazyindigo82 Posts: 133
    spearhead wrote:
    If we can put up with stickys announcing Poster sales and Jammie votes,
    why would anyone object to one about a missing Pearl Jam fan?
    I'd rather see all the other stickys go, and this one left up. Let's get our priorities right, shall we?
    i couldn't have said it any better myself.
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    The E channel THS Investigates ran Brians story last night. A few things that caught my attention, the friends say they didn't see Brian after they went inside and got seperated, but they later stated he went over to talk to the band.
    They walked you throughout the place, showing all camera's and angles from inside and the street. Was Brian removed from the property through a speaker box? any type of case used by the band for transporting the equipment? a carpet? body bag? There is no way he could have walked out of there without being seen.
    The Stickman photo really stuck out on his missing person posters. I am just saddened to see 2 beautiful peoples lives changed within an instant.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    yahamita wrote:
    The E channel THS Investigates ran Brians story last night. A few things that caught my attention, the friends say they didn't see Brian after they went inside and got seperated, but they later stated he went over to talk to the band.
    They walked you throughout the place, showing all camera's and angles from inside and the street. Was Brian removed from the property through a speaker box? any type of case used by the band for transporting the equipment? a carpet? body bag? There is no way he could have walked out of there without being seen.
    The Stickman photo really stuck out on his missing person posters. I am just saddened to see 2 beautiful peoples lives changed within an instant.

That is what has been bothering me for a long time and even to this day. They changed their stories and I fail to understand why the police didn't push further into investigating them.

I was bashed for accusing them with hearsay and I understand that because of no evidence. It is also dangerous to accuse people who may be innocent after all.

But, I still have strong feelings that those friends were somehow involved.

That's all I have to say.

I'm glad they ran the story again and hopefully there will be some useful tips to share with the police to look into...
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    IamMine wrote:
    That is what has been bothering me for a long time and even to this day. They changed their stories and I fail to understand why the police didn't push further into investigating them.

I was bashed for accusing them with hearsay and I understand that because of no evidence. It is also dangerous to accuse people who may be innocent after all.

But, I still have strong feelings that those friends were somehow involved.

That's all I have to say.

I'm glad they ran the story again and hopefully there will be some useful tips to share with the police to look into...
    I really wish someone would contact America's Most Wanted, or that group of investigators that get together like a round table discussion, and end up solving alot of crimes. They have so many resources to use and possibly come up with more clues. I'm still sitting here baffled by the friends and their story change, and why aren't the friends doing more to find this man. Hmmmm...something isn't adding up.
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org