• Options
    MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    edited March 2020
    ""
    Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    Elmo said:

imageimage

OCEAN! This is SO FUCKING CUTE! This made me so happy! Almost fifty and they can still be kids together. And look at Mikey's smile. Aw I could just eat them both. :):)
    I thought you would like that Elmo! I thought it was adorable. Just wish it were bigger. 8-| ;))
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Elmo said:

No need to worry about pics for us Emma! It's just nice to know you had such a good time. And you were super close last night right? Lucky girl! I can't believe you still have six shows to go!! Wow. You'll have had enough Eddie to keep you warm at night for a long long time. ;)

Yep. I had a 4th row seat last night, great view!

I just posted about this in another thread, but Glen Hansard was on the same flight back to Sydney as me (didn't know he was until a couple of minutes after leaving the plane. I got to meet him too! Glen was with an American guy and I walked alongside them through the airport and then stood near them at the baggage carousel. When the American guy stepped away to collect their luggage, I introduced myself to Glen and told him how much I had enjoyed his shows, etc. He was very nice! Had a brief chat with him and then as he walked away when the other guy brought back their luggage, he turned back and said "it was nice to meet you, Emma".

I felt like handing over my ukulele (that was in my bag) and asking him to get Ed to sign it and return it on Tuesday ;). I was already a bit nervous talking to Glen though, so he would have thought I was a total nutter if I'd have done that!

This Tuesday is when I'll be in the second row at the State Theatre!

PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702

:D What show is this from? It looks like Mike is clobbering Ed. ;)

• Options
    Also I am desperate for any photos or video of footage of Pearl Jam at the Gold Coast Big Day Out, especially the part where Mike jumped down and ran along the front barrier. He ran past me and then stopped and played for a while. Would love to see any photos or videos of it if anyone on here has any. I have already checked YouTube. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    Hi ladies, not sure if this will work or not but could you please click on this link from Facebook and like my photo so I have a chance to win two front row tickets to see Eddie in Brisbane on February 22? Thanks.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152238322481350&set=o.187206456951&type=1&permPage=1
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    LOL:

:))
    <hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Lol
  • Options
    I wonder why I can't post in the AET??
  • Options
    KateAKateA Posts: 182
    Found this today on Facebook:

<hr>Normality is the death of personality.
  • Options
    KateA said:

Found this today on Facebook:

Hahahaha!!! Stealing this!!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Hi everyone! :)

Elmo, which shows in Melbourne are you going to? Did you go last night? :)

Post edited by -Emma- on
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

• Options
  • Options

:( Where and when was this taken? Not a very flattering photo at all :(
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hi everyone!

Elmo, which shows in Melbourne are you going to? Did you go last night?

""
    Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    E.K I think that photo was taken at one of the State Theatre shows in Sydney (he was wearing that shirt on one night)...Not a flattering photo, but I can assure you that Ed is looking as handsome as ever! ;)

Hi Elmo,
    Great to hear that you enjoyed the show! That's cool that you're going to all the Melbourne shows :D, I couldn't remember if you were going to 2 or 3 of them.

I'll be leaving for Brisbane on the weekend for the last 3 shows. Ed & Glen have been amazing and I've loved the performances that I've seen. I've had shitty experiences with the audience members who I've been sitting near (2 out of the 3 shows in Sydney). So the people of Brisbane better be on their best behaviour! [-X ;) .

Did you listen to Glen's opening set too?

Sounds like Frankie has been keeping you busy! If she will only settle when she's being held, could you try her carrying her in a sling? Then that could free up your hands at least :). Or do you have any family/friends who could help you out and give her a cuddle so you could have a little break? It must be tricky!

I've been working with toddlers for the past 6 months...they sure know how to tire me out!

• Options

:x

• Options
    NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    edited February 2014
    Wow Emma you have been busy. The train station photo is just gorgeous. Thanks for all the pics ;)
  • Options
    Emma that photo of Ed at the State Theatre makes him look about 70 years old. Thank god for those close ups showing Ed's eyes .. they are divine. :)

• Options

Wow Emma you have been busy. The train station photo is just gorgeous. Thanks for all the pics ;)

You're welcome :)

• Options
    edited February 2014

• Options
    Not a picture but...
    *tight is right* (takling about pants :P)
    http://youtu.be/4GYyBHyCHVU
    Oslo, Spektrum 29/06/00*Copenhagen, Forum 26/06/07*Berlin, Wuhlheide 15/08/09*Stockholm, Globen 07/07/12*
    Oslo, Spektrum 09/07/12*Seattle, Key Arena 06/12/13*Berlin, Wuhlheide 26/06/14*Stockholm, Globen 28/06/14*
    Oslo, Telenor Arena 29/06/14
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    E.K I think that photo was taken at one of the State Theatre shows in Sydney (he was wearing that shirt on one night)...Not a flattering photo, but I can assure you that Ed is looking as handsome as ever!

Hi Elmo,
    Great to hear that you enjoyed the show! That's cool that you're going to all the Melbourne shows D, I couldn't remember if you were going to 2 or 3 of them.

I'll be leaving for Brisbane on the weekend for the last 3 shows. Ed & Glen have been amazing and I've loved the performances that I've seen. I've had shitty experiences with the audience members who I've been sitting near (2 out of the 3 shows in Sydney). So the people of Brisbane better be on their best behaviour! [-X .

Did you listen to Glen's opening set too?

Sounds like Frankie has been keeping you busy! If she will only settle when she's being held, could you try her carrying her in a sling? Then that could free up your hands at least . Or do you have any family/friends who could help you out and give her a cuddle so you could have a little break? It must be tricky!

I've been working with toddlers for the past 6 months...they sure know how to tire me out!
    “”

Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    E.K said:

:( Where and when was this taken? Not a very flattering photo at all :(
    Sorry you don't like it E.K. I think he's gorgeous. :D
  • Options
    Oh Elmo .. when Ed came over to the side of the stage and smiled and waved at us at the Gold Coast Big Day Out. I just stared at him and wasn't sure whether to smile or wave or anything so did nothing. I felt really bad about it later. I have fourth row seats for Brisbane's Tuesday night show and think that if Ed even looks in my direction I'll be so embarrassed I'll just feel like disappearing under my seat. I guess it's a bit like when you were at school and had your first crush on a boy and if they paid you any attention you were frozen to the spot unable to speak, smile or do anything. :)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    E.K said:

I just stared at him and wasn't sure whether to smile or wave or anything so did nothing. I felt really bad about it later.

I guess it's a bit like when you were at school and had your first crush on a boy and if they paid you any attention you were frozen to the spot unable to speak, smile or do anything.

me too. i did the same thing in hamilton 2011. :(

it feels exactly like that!

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    Who wouldn't get all tongue tied meeting Ed? I for one, would most likely just stand there and freeze up too, and try to contain myself from stammering like an idiot if I could manage to get to get to even that point!
  • Options
    OMGkatwomanOMGkatwoman Posts: 3,230
    See?...(to get, to get) Just the thought of it makes me stammer like an idiot!! LOL!!
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788

See?...(to get, to get) Just the thought of it makes me stammer like an idiot!! LOL!!

That was funny! Hi everybody.... I am in serious need of some Ed solo shows after reading all of your reviews/experiences. Maybe we will get some this year in the US? I'll gladly fly. Hubby was just teasing me that the soul purpose of saving up airline miles is so I can fly to see eddie and we have enough now. It has been awhile since he's been to the northeast solo. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll do some New York solo shows and I can save my miles for a red rocks/Midwest/Canada pj tour. I girl can dream right?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    Oh I wouldne do happy to get to see him Solo!! And see why my plan is to run away?? Lmao!!