Comments

• Options
    Steveo wrote:
    sometimes mike's solos all sound the same
    uh oh....

No More-
    for the love of god
    no more

I agree with you. The man is so talented......but every time I hear yellow ledbetter..........most of the time it sound the same

maybe I am being a f*ck wit..........
    He who forgets, will be destined to remember.

I wish I was the verb "to trust"
    and never let you down.

Brisbane 1, 06
  • Options
    I think the poster collecting obsession is lame. I can't take away from the artists who design the posters because they're awesome but some of you people pay over $100 and for what? a poster? to put up in the Pearl Jam poster room with your 30 other posters? to each their own I guess.
    Not To Be Confused With More Expensive (Identical) Import Version
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    dpmay wrote:
    was the whole releasing some of the live shows through verizon. you know, supporting a giant multinational corporation by giving a bunch of advertising to a company that complied with warrentless wiretapping and the like...

of course whenever anyone stands up and says anything political, they open themselves up for charges of hypocrisy, and i'd rather see the band take stands than not...still, seeing all that verizon shit on last summer's tour was hard to stomach...
    i agree. . .and i work for verizon
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    other than that this thread is basically blasphemy. . except for the outside the band stuff like the posters (WHO GIVES A FUCK PEOPLE, THEY'RE POSTERS), and the 10 club really does need to get a new server. . .the elitist fans are annoying too, but im sure every band has some of those

i've been really hard on the poster people lately
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    although only a small percentage of the fans are represented here. i'd have to go with pearl jams fans. from the way some people act here and at shows i'm embarrassed to tell people how much i love this band.
  • Options
    They don't play Seattle, unless they are in other projects.
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    I think the poster collecting obsession is lame. I can't take away from the artists who design the posters because they're awesome but some of you people pay over $100 and for what? a poster? to put up in the Pearl Jam poster room with your 30 other posters? to each their own I guess.

Fuck I wish they only cost $100 and it has been long time since I had 30 prints. 130 Yes, but 30??

People spend money on many things, I don't smoke but sell people a pack a day at $6 each that is alot of money to kill yourself. Some people sit in a bar every day drinking $4 beers and have nothing when they leave. a Poster can be handed down down to friends, or sold to pay bills.

People have hobbies and for some of us it is posters, it is a nice common thing we can talk about with other PJ fans and show some great Artwork to non PJ fans. (I don't show them Ames ;) )
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    That's just so fucking sad though. Wikipedia shouldn't be used as a primary source for ANYTHING. Don't they make you buy text books in Medical School? Shouldn't you be finding the answers there and not on some user-created/user-edited internet encyclopedia?

Sounds like a bunch of lazy students to me. And I don't want them diagnosing me.

i take back my original comment. if you search vitamin b 12 on wikipedia its way different than searching, say Jenna Jameson. I was surprised when I just did it.
  • Options
    suns rivalsuns rival Posts: 15,926
    playing most of the songs too fast...(e.g. immagine in cornice)
    scratching my butt...
    kinakamot ang aking puwit...
    me rascando pompis...
    krap mijn reet...
    boku no ketsuoana o kizu...
    bahrosh teezy...
  • Options
    Lizardking wrote:
    Fuck I wish they only cost $100 and it has been long time since I had 30 prints. 130 Yes, but 30??

People spend money on many things, I don't smoke but sell people a pack a day at $6 each that is alot of money to kill yourself. Some people sit in a bar every day drinking $4 beers and have nothing when they leave. a Poster can be handed down down to friends, or sold to pay bills.

People have hobbies and for some of us it is posters, it is a nice common thing we can talk about with other PJ fans and show some great Artwork to non PJ fans. (I don't show them Ames ;) )

Selling people is soooo 1850s. Lame.
  • Options
    Back_PedalBack_Pedal Posts: 1,171
    I hate that Pearl Jam gets labeled as grunge so often.

Actually, next time someone says it in person, I may be unable to refrain from hitting them.
    Thanks EPOTTSIII!
    "Vinyl or not, you will need to pay someone to take RA of your hands" - Smile05
    424, xxx
  • Options
    So then why listen to any views of someone who's financially successful and who didn't go to college? Why would you want to listen to their emotional view points? their spiritual view points? their living view points? their personal view points?

After all, they didn't go to college. They might as well not even matter because they must be so stupid. Maybe if he went to Yale he could become President of the USA.

Such an intelligent country!

I listen because they are a great band with great songs, it was just a very cheap shot towards Ed. I just think the banter grows old. I agree alot with what he says but I just thinks he does it a little too much. I also think he doesnt think too much before he speaks which causes him to put his foot into his mouth from time to time. Relax my friend I did not mean to offend. Take care.
    Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    Did you ever stop to think about other reasons they don't mail tickets? It cuts down on needless usage of paper, mailing costs, etc. ... there are probably numerous legit business reasons. Think about it.

To ALL those who can't handle Ed's views ... do you realize that freedom of expression in life is a wonderful thing, sorry ya can't appreciate it! As you have a right to complain about his views, on the MB supplied by the band themselves, Ed and folk have a right to express their views. Is this so hard to comprehend??!?!?!?!?

I never quite realized how negative this board can be ... It amazes me cuz PJ is a band that treats its fans awesomely. Ya can't please everyone, so try to be thankful for what you do get and what you get to experience at a concert. Might be mighty hard for some of ya! : )

Thats the beauty of this board its called the "Message Pit"...not the "Worship Pit"...and I find creative criticism just as interesting as "Pictures Where Ed Looks Hot"...or all the f'in polls. Deal with it. Good points made on both sides.

Love Ed solo and PJs energy the last few tours.

Bummed about ticket prices (realizing costs) and lukewarm on Avocado and Immagine. Avocado=too predictable, tryin to be old school, Immagine=ditto...so many great songs played in Italy yet WAY too boring, predictable setlist choice for the DVD...too caught up in becoming "popular" or cool with the mainstream possibly.

Just my thoughts...what this board is (or should be) about ohh touchy ones....
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Lizardking wrote:
    They don't play Seattle, unless they are in other projects.

i don't even live near there and it i think that's fuck up.

so if i had to pick something there it is.

-why the picking on fans? this was towards the band right?
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    PJ needs to play Raleigh NC., Every year. They Don't and that's what I dont like about them.
  • Options
    Missed getting a high 5 from Eddie by one person at his solo show in Boston, damn being only 5 feet tall!!!

Also missed getting a swig out of ed's wine bottle at Hartford 08 by one person, as the security guard took it away,

These are really not things I don't like about PJ, I really have no complaints, just personal things that happend, or didn't happen should I say.

How can someone complain who was in the front row for Hartford, and the 2nd row for Ed Solo?

really how can anyone complain at all, they are a great band, and really are in it for the fans....
    08/29 & 8/30 2000-Mansfield
    7/2 & 7/11 2003-Mansfield
    9/28 & 9/29 2004-Boston
    5/24 & 5/25 2006-Boston-11th & 10th row
    6/27 2008-Hartford -Front Row Center!
    6/28 & 6/30 2008-Mansfield

08/01 (2nd row) & 08/02/2008 (Eddie Vedder) Boston

skinny little bitch
  • Options
    Lack of playing the south (Atlanta atleast).
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,021
    Lack of playing the south (Atlanta atleast).
    YES!!!!! I agree! :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Steveo wrote:
    sometimes mike's solos all sound the same
    uh oh....

No More-
    for the love of god
    no more
    NO
    Nathan
  • Options
    Stoney's attempts at fashion.
    WOOT!
  • Options
    Call me pedantic, but I hate this occasional smashing of guitars or other things. Someone put a lot of talent, energy and time in constructing something, I don't like to see it destroyed deliberately. Don't think it's necessarily part of this "Rock'n'Roll myth" either.
  • Options
    DonJonDonJon Posts: 5,089
    mdg164 wrote:
    As talented as Eddie is... Why should I listen to the political views of someone who didn't go to college, and is rich?

Hahahaha. Thats pretty good.

Im actually thinking hard here......and Ill go for too many lyric stuff ups. Ill live with these re the diverse setlists but the 'odd' song is completely discombobulated.

Maybe hate is too strong a word.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    For me there are still way more positives to PJ than negatives, but if we're having this discussion, here are my gripes in no particular order:

Loooong time between albums these days.

Rare general admission/festival type shows.

Ed's beard.

Rising cost of tix.

10Club's lack of info for the Beacon Theater benefit show. What is the point of a fan club that can't/won't tell you about a show? This never happened before to my knowledge. I have the money and would have happily spent it for charity if I had only known about it.

Recent music videos. Why?

Verizon sponsorship at '08 shows. WTF?

Seeming complacence with using Ticketmaster. It's been a long time since 94-96. Are there really still no other options to explore?
  • Options
    can't complain.. :eek:

i hate that you see one live show and feel compelled to empty the bank to follow 'em and do the rest
    wah
  • Options
    Stoney's attempts at fashion.
    Hahahahaha. He's not as bad as Matt. Who tucks muscle shirts into jeans????
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I'm sorry...

But
    What does a college education have to do with anything?

I hate to break it to you friend...but college means DICK...and it sure as fuck doesn't earn you the right to speak your mind about the direction of this country.

I don't need to piss away 30 grand a year just to make myself educated, intellegent and informed.

So fucking what if Eddie isn't a college grad.

He's better for it.

Right, college is a waste of time. Better off working at a gas station and hoping you get a record deal. For every Eddie Vedder, there are thousands of poor musicians who will never "make it". College is a great experience socially and mentally. Not to mention the chance to study things as electives you have no experience in... like political science. It seems like most people these days are influenced by the liberal media or their favorite band... and are not deciding for themselves. You have no idea how Ed formed his views, it could be as simple as him following his parents. It might just be that celebrity trend of being "Rich, but for the people." How can he identify with the "common" people out there if he is Rich?
    OneLove wrote:
    Yes, he may lack a college degree, but that says nothing about his intelligence or ability to understand world issues...
    How did he form his political views? Was he mentored by radical extremists like Obama? I think studying political science is great way to form personal views.
    rasty10 wrote:
    You think your degree makes you more intelligent, or creative? The knowledge you acquire for 30K a year can be found on the internet in about 1 minute; I am getting through med school in large part via wikipedia and actually succeeding! Listening to professors will stimulate you, but if your eyes and ears are open then you can get knowledge from everywhere.

My first degree wasn't nearly 30K a year, and my subsequent degrees have been paid for by my employer. If I could have found the answers on the internet, grad school wouldn't have been so damn hard! Also, I never said the word creative.... I would never argue that I am more creative than EV. The man is obviously VERY talented and creative. But I don't see how that makes him a political expert?
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    Hahahahaha. He's not as bad as Matt. Who tucks muscle shirts into jeans????
    Matt fuckin Cameron! that's who.
    And, I'd imagine, dickhead bodybuilder types.

hmmm, things I don't like...It's a tough one.

I guess the political ranting at shows. It's just the same thing over and over.
    They haven't played No Way since '98.
    And where the fuck is Deep magazine? how long have we been waiting?
    Vitalogy

Otherwise, I pretty much love 'em.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Get_Right wrote:
    cant think of any

except the unreasonable expectations of their fans

Exactly!!

Look at us...a bunch of spoiled little babies who want

more more more.
  • Options
    SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    The Cover, infact the entire artwork for the last album.
  • Options
    ofthegirl75ofthegirl75 New Jersey Posts: 300
    Hearing Yellow Ledbetter- because it means the shows over!
    Good night! Thanks for coming out!