Options

Things YOu Don't Like About Pearl Jam

Army & NavyArmy & Navy Posts: 120
edited September 2008 in The Porch
I thought this may be interesting, considering we're all fans. There must be something which you don't like about them...

Mine are :

1. Ed changing the lyrcis at shows. For the most part, they are great lyrics, and there's no need to throw in spontaneous words..

2. Under Rehearsed songs - I'm all for mixing up the setlists but they need to nail the songs before playing them. e.g Can't Keep from Hartford 2008 is just painful to listen to.

3. A certain air of mysticism has gone, ever since 2000 really. That brooding intensity..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    what I don't like about Pearl Jam..

bitchy, moany, elitist fans.

I realise that because of this post I might get labelled as being one too but what the hell, that would just prove my point. ;)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Don't like? .... are you serious? -- ok.. this is going to be hard.. :D

I don't like them because I can't see them perform live every single day in my life. (<-- that would be pretty cool... - imagine Ed and guys sitting in my livingroom with their guitars and stuff... and just jamming and having a good time) ... :D lmao

:) I love them so much that I can't say anything negative... becuase there is nothing I don't like about them.

Love! Don't hate.... Just accept the way things are and get over yourself ;) (my philosophy of life)
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,568
    Only thing that bothers me with pearl jam nowadays is that booms presence in their music gets bigger and bigger. The man needs to stay away from certian songs.. Im not hating on the guy, but just happen to prefer the awsome guitars, drums and vocals without the organ in the background..
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,568
    finnannie wrote:
    Don't like? .... are you serious? -- ok.. this is going to be hard.. :D

I don't like them because I can't see them perform live every single day in my life. (<-- that would be pretty cool... - imagine Ed and guys sitting in my livingroom with their guitars and stuff... and just jamming and having a good time) ... :D lmao

:) I love them so much that I can't say anything negative... becuase there is nothing I don't like about them.

Love! Don't hate.... Just accept the way things are and get over yourself ;) (my philosophy of life)

If they play finland next year, you can count on me coming over:) Pearl Jam Helsinki 2009! It looks right somehow.. Lets pray!
    I will swallow poison
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    honestly, I can't fidn anything I don't like about them. I'd prefer if they came in Europe every year and if theu released an album every year too, but it's not really "something I don't like"...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    mdg164mdg164 Posts: 206
    As talented as Eddie is... Why should I listen to the political views of someone who didn't go to college, and is rich?
    09/02/00 09/05/00
    04/25/03 05/02/03 5/3/03 6/24/03 6/28/03 7/5/03 7/6/03 7/11/03 7/12/03 7/14/03
    09/28/04 09/29/04 10/01/04 10/02/04
    09/28/05 09/30/05 10/03/05
    5/24/06 5/25/06 5/27/06 5/28/06 5/30/06 6/01/06 6/03/06 6/23/06 6/24/06 7/22/06 7/23/06
    6/20/08 6/22/08 6/24/08 6/25/08
  • Options
    mdg164 wrote:
    As talented as Eddie is... Why should I listen to the political views of someone who didn't go to college, and is rich?
    Agreed
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    mdg164 wrote:

no offense.. but how do his education and wealth enter into it?

why would/should you listen to the political views of anyone? :D
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    they dont visit Australia enough!!!!!!
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Niko80 wrote:
    If they play finland next year, you can count on me coming over:) Pearl Jam Helsinki 2009! It looks right somehow.. Lets pray!

welcome :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    sometimes mike's solos all sound the same
    uh oh....

No More-
    for the love of god
    no more
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    finnannie wrote:
    welcome :D

666 posts? You are evil!

Hard to mention anything bad about the band but I'll promise to love them even more when they play a show in Finland.... It's been a while since the last time
    I wanna rock n' roll all night and part of every day
  • Options
    666 posts? You are evil!

Hard to mention anything bad about the band but I'll promise to love them even more when they play a show in Finland.... It's been a while since the last time

a while? understatement of the year! :p

try 15 years maybe?! and that wasn't even a proper show cause they were the opening band. :eek:

I'd love for them to play Finland. but if that won't happen, at least I've got an excuse to travel again. :D

but let's not derail the thread with all this Finland talk, eh? ;)
  • Options
    evacuation

just can't listen to it
    Music for Rhinos
  • Options
    Booms Hair.

when was the last time he washed it?
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Fu_Manchu wrote:
    Booms Hair.

when was the last time he washed it?

what are you talking about? :confused:
  • Options
    I dont like his hair. Its a mess.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Fu_Manchu wrote:
    I dont like his hair. Its a mess.

no it's not. it's curly..
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    that they are now taking 3 years between albulms
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    oh where do i start

1. Political talk between songs... play Lukin 3 times instead... i'll go to a peace rally if you want me to, but when i pay $90 a ticket i want some fucking tunes.

2. Jeff's weird 3/4 length trouser things...

3. Matt Cameron's hairstyle

4. lack of B-sides.

5. their on stage period between Ten and Yield in which they had way too many pairs of shorts on at one time and they just ran around the stage like monkeys on roller skates.

6. Ben Harper

7. too long between albums.. in 3 years the Beatles whould have released 298 songs...

8. The album cover for Ten... yuk

9. Their propensity for touring the North East of America and not much else.

10. their ticket prices for their last show here in London, UK... $90 for 1 ticket!!! thats more than double the cost of Kings of Leon, White STripes, Raconteurs, Sigur Ros... etc etc...

11. Poster collectors and/or other memoribilia vultures who complain like fuck when they dont get a towel in the sale... its a fucking towel, grow up

12. the fans that know absolutely everything about the band, middle names, birthdates, favourite meals, only like the bands that Ed mentions, when and what day a certain album was released, who produced the demo sessions for it, what year wine Ed was drinking in Sacramento 1998.

13. listing the shows they've been to in their sig... which can only be a show-off thing.. if its to remind you when you went to a gig then i'm sure you'll have framed the ticket stubs... look at them.

tongue in cheek ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    yes, a curly mess
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Fu_Manchu wrote:
    yes, a curly mess

are you being serious?

how is this head of hair http://starbulletin.com/2007/04/20/features/art2a.jpg a mess?

seems like he ties it back a lot and when he doesn't it always looks well cared for to me.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    14. people on the pit who waste 8 posts of their life arguing about Booms hair.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    14. people on the pit who waste 8 posts of their life arguing about Booms hair.

three so far. :p
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:
    are you being serious?

how is this head of hair http://starbulletin.com/2007/04/20/features/art2a.jpg a mess?

seems like he ties it back a lot and when he doesn't it always looks well cared for to me.

Mess :D
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Fu_Manchu wrote:
    Mess :D

:rolleyes:

agree to disagree? :p
  • Options
    yeah, we can agree on that
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    Fu_Manchu wrote:
    yeah, we can agree on that

good-o. this way we'll avoid annoying dunky any more.
  • Options
    seems every tour there is a new bootleg "program"

i realize the band is trying out different things out but please go with 1 program

instantlive.com
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,737
    :)
    dunkman wrote:
    oh where do i start

1. Political talk between songs... play Lukin 3 times instead... i'll go to a peace rally if you want me to, but when i pay $90 a ticket i want some fucking tunes.

2. Jeff's weird 3/4 length trouser things...

3. Matt Cameron's hairstyle

4. lack of B-sides.

5. their on stage period between Ten and Yield in which they had way too many pairs of shorts on at one time and they just ran around the stage like monkeys on roller skates.

6. Ben Harper

7. too long between albums.. in 3 years the Beatles whould have released 298 songs...

8. The album cover for Ten... yuk

9. Their propensity for touring the North East of America and not much else.

10. their ticket prices for their last show here in London, UK... $90 for 1 ticket!!! thats more than double the cost of Kings of Leon, White STripes, Raconteurs, Sigur Ros... etc etc...

11. Poster collectors and/or other memoribilia vultures who complain like fuck when they dont get a towel in the sale... its a fucking towel, grow up

12. the fans that know absolutely everything about the band, middle names, birthdates, favourite meals, only like the bands that Ed mentions, when and what day a certain album was released, who produced the demo sessions for it, what year wine Ed was drinking in Sacramento 1998.

13. listing the shows they've been to in their sig... which can only be a show-off thing.. if its to remind you when you went to a gig then i'm sure you'll have framed the ticket stubs... look at them.

tongue in cheek ;)