Pearl Jam To Play Bonnaroo!

Comments

• chris3chris3 Posts: 43
    krobbinz wrote:
    I looked on http://www.pollstar.com and they have most of the lineup, but is there any guessess as to when PJ will take the stage?

I would guess Saturday night around 9:00 pm. Usually the top billing act headlines the entire festival meaning that they play on Saturday night.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    LukinFan wrote:
    Do you want to share your list with us?

Sure - Going VIP so hot food is not on the list

Driving - Atlas, Fix a flat, Phone car charger, Maglight flashlight, Small tool kit, Umbrellas, First aid kit (band aids, bacitracin, tape, gauze, tweezers, sudafed, advil, pepto tabs, immodium tabs, benedryl, burn cream, eye drops), AAA card.

Camp - Tent, Air mattress, Sheets/blankets, Pillows, Tarp/Neat sheets, Chairs, Table, Radio, Coolers, Trash bags, Bag for dirty clothes, Battery operated fan, Small disposable flashlights, Drying rack for wet stuff, Canopy for shade.

Centeroo - Backpack, Neat sheet, Wash clothes, small plastic bags, Med plastic bag for Map and Schedules, Water, Gatorade crystals, Camera, Binoculars, small first aid, Sunblock, Wet wipes.

Sundries- SPF 45 spray sunblock, Face sunblock, Bug spray, Soap, Shamp/Cond (all in one body/hair soap if I can find one I like), Lotion, Toothbrush/paste, Wipes, Brush/comb
    Nailbrush, Kleenex, TP, Q-tips, Citronella candle, Paper plates, Napkins, Paper towels, Cups, Straws, Plastic utensils, Glow sticks, body paint, Cigars, Rx's (I use an epi-pen, don't want to die ya know), Gold Bond.

Clothes - Rain suits, Shorts, Thin T-shirts, socks/undies, Bathing Suit, Boxers (to sleep in), Sweatshirt, Jeans, Long sleeve shirt, Sweats, Ponchos, Hats, Towels, Flip Flops, Sneakers, Crocs, Sandals.

Food - Water, Gatorade Crystals, Snapple (plastic), Soda, Popcorn, Pretzels, Granola bars. PB&J, Bread, Beer, Vodka, Tonic, Limes, Bloody Mary Mix, Celery, Wine in a box, Frozen Margarita Bucket Frozen Solid. Cheese, crackers and pepperoni for night #1, Fruit. One cooler w/ dry ice and frozen Water...as much as we can pack.

I'm sure I forgot something, have a few months yet!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Thanks for the idea about checking Pollstar. If those are right here's who I plan on seeing (pending any conflicts):

Thurs: The Battles
    Fri: Tegan and Sara (Maybe Ghostland Observatory if nothing else is going on)
    Sat: B.B. King!, Levon Helm Band, and likely The Allman Brothers Band (although I can see many conflicts happening this day)
    Sun: Jack Johnson, and Robert Plant and Alison Krauss!

Of course I'm stoll looking forward to:

Tier 1: Chris Rock, Raconteurs!, Derek Trucks, Robert Randolph, Drive by Truckers!, and Gogol Bordello!, and of course PJ!
    Tier 2: MMJ, Willie Nelson, Ben Folds, and maybe even some Bluegrass Allstars.
    So when are they going to announce the warm up (small) show before Roo? I'm driving so I hope it's like the day before Wed 6/11!!
  • JEFF IJEFF I Posts: 50
    thecory wrote:
    why aren't people excited also about jack white's band? I thought they would headline also. plus i think that pj in the south for first time in years should be passionate. odds on playing bu$hleaguer??
    What a great guitarist ! If you live in the SOUTH now is your chance !!
    vedderrules
  • This is great! FINALLY some people posting on here who are just plain PUMPED for the whole ordeal, rather than being sour.

I love how easy it is at Bonnaroo to meet so many great people from all over.

My friends and I regretted bringing a cooler last year as it took up most of the already cramped backseat. Plus, inside the car it must have been 130 degrees F, and so eventually the ice melted anyways. Mind you, outside, in the slight shade of a tent, it would have faired better. So yeah, nevermind, a cooler's still probably a good idea if you have the room. I'd still be prepared to potentially have to buy ice every day though if you want beer and what not, nice and cold. Yes, bring loads of water!!!! That'll basically make or break your weekend. Especially if you wanna drink beers or eat a particular fungus... things that'll dehydrate you, you'll most certainly want to drink plenty of water. I wouldn't plan on sleeping a lot if you're not VIP'n it. Rest up beforehand, and just have as much fun as possible in spite of the wavering health and sanity! Besides, Bonnaroo should be a break from routine.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Oh, and I think several days ago that somebody was asking about the placement or proximity of the "VIP bleachers" from the stage. Well, to me, it's just one more reason not to bother paying the extra $$$ for VIP tickets. They're way off to the side at something like 50 degrees from the front of the stage... and probably a couple hundred feet away perhaps? These are approximations... and I'm too lazy to continue looking for a decent aerial photo to properly illustrate what I'm getting at here. If you want bring your gas guzzling RV, or truck pulling your camper, fine, but I'd just rather "rough it". AnyhOO.

Here's something else I feel that EVERYONE MUST REMEMBER!!! Obviously, Pearl Jam playing there is fucking FANTASTIC news. What's also nifty is the fact that a lot of other great bands are playing there as well. However, when they say, "more artists to be announced", they're not shitting you. At all. I went back and counted [roughly, I may be out one or two or three] all of the artists; bands, comedians, one man shows, and so on, from all of the previous Bonnaroos. Here's what I came up with for total numbers:

2002 - 51
    2003 - 65
    2004 - 86
    2005 - 105
    2006 - 131
    2007 - 145

You can prrroooooobably notice a pattern here. Thus far there are 77 artists (shows/presentations) confirmed for this year's festival. If the trend continues, I would say we know of about HALF of the folks who'll be performing there. Ho-ly-fu-ckin'shiiiiit.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • just got word that my friend has an extra VIP ticket....and its mine if I want it!!

it includes a backstage pass to an act of your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man...if i end up going..it'll be a toss up for PJ or Phil Lesh......

i gotta figure out if i can afford this.....i always told myself if I ever went to a festival I would do it the right way. which is airplane>TN>RV/Camper....and that is exactly how my friend and his dad are traveling. dont think I can pass this up!
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
    Bleachers maybe good for Metallica. I hear the sound is awful too. But a place to sit my ass if I need it. At night apparently, they bake in the sun so I have heard.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    2002 - 51
    2003 - 65
    2004 - 86
    2005 - 105
    2006 - 131
    2007 - 145

You can prrroooooobably notice a pattern here. Thus far there are 77 artists (shows/presentations) confirmed for this year's festival. If the trend continues, I would say we know of about HALF of the folks who'll be performing there. Ho-ly-fu-ckin'shiiiiit.

WOW!!! Thanks for counting. But do they usually announce any more big bands? Or is it usually smaller bands.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    My friends and I regretted bringing a cooler last year as it took up most of the already cramped backseat. Plus, inside the car it must have been 130 degrees F, and so eventually the ice melted anyways.

My ice lasted all weekend, but you gotta be smart.

1) I had a 5 day cooler
    2) I kept my cooler out of the sun and in the trunk
    3) I made thick ice cubes before I left, and lots of them
    4) I froze a shit load or water bottles and filled up my cooler with them
    5) Kept a lot of beer cold before I left so I wasn't putting warm beer in to start out
    6) I never kept the cooler open for more than a few seconds or so.

Just a few things I did to help keep mt ice lasting all weekend. I didn't have to buy ice once, and at all times I was able to drink cold beer and water...mmm...nothing like it on a hot afternoon at Bonnaroo.
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    just got word that my friend has an extra VIP ticket....and its mine if I want it!!

it includes a backstage pass to an act of your choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man...if i end up going..it'll be a toss up for PJ or Phil Lesh......

I've never read anything about that being included with the VIP package. That would be great if it is since I am going VIP this year. Just got regular tickets the past 3 years.
  • oh really....im just going off what he was telling me. i guess i should investigate.....ill report back with findings
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • ya i didnt find anything on the bonnaroo site about it...so i guess its false.

regardless i am still stoked about the other VIP perks!
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Red Lukin wrote:
    My ice lasted all weekend, but you gotta be smart.

1) I had a 5 day cooler
    2) I kept my cooler out of the sun and in the trunk
    3) I made thick ice cubes before I left, and lots of them
    4) I froze a shit load or water bottles and filled up my cooler with them
    5) Kept a lot of beer cold before I left so I wasn't putting warm beer in to start out
    6) I never kept the cooler open for more than a few seconds or so.

Just a few things I did to help keep mt ice lasting all weekend. I didn't have to buy ice once, and at all times I was able to drink cold beer and water...mmm...nothing like it on a hot afternoon at Bonnaroo.

Nice! With four or five people in a car mind you, it would be tought squeezing everything in. I gotta get a roof rack/pod thing this year.
    LukinFan wrote:
    WOW!!! Thanks for counting. But do they usually announce any more big bands? Or is it usually smaller bands.

Wellll, define: "smaller bands?". I know what you're saying though, but remember that your question ultimately has NOTHING to do with QUALITY. Yes, I'm sure the majority of the bands who obtained a great deal of commercial success have been announced, but I'm sure there'll still be plenty of other GOOD bands who will play there.
  • HatfieldHatfield Posts: 122
    LukinFan wrote:

This might be my aging mind but Ben Harper was added in the second round of additions back in 2002. That was the first one so....

I am hoping the Black Keys can come out and play.

About the ice, don't take it out of the bags you buy them in until you are ready to use them.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '00 - 8/6 8/7 8/15 8/17 9/5
    '03 - 4/9 4/15 4/19 7/11 7/12
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    '05 - 9/11 9/12 9/13 9/15
    '06 - 5/27 5/28 7/7 7/13 7/18 7/22 7/23
  • i'll see you fuckeres in manchester!

i'm officially a go...VIP ticket...RV Camper....and airfare at half the price thanks to a friend who is an exec for a major airline!!!!!

ROCK AND ROLL
    so excited
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
    i'll see you fuckeres in manchester!

i'm officially a go...VIP ticket...RV Camper....and airfare at half the price thanks to a friend who is an exec for a major airline!!!!!

ROCK AND ROLL
    so excited

Good on you deadhead321. That is the way to do Bonnaroo. I might stop by to cool me head on my way to seeing Phil and Friends.

Is anyone else suprised that Gov't Mule is not playing seeing as Warren will be there with the ABB? Is there a chance that Warren will come out with Pearl Jam. Imagine that!
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
    Finally some additions to the lineup:

Cat Power

Zappa Plays Zappa

The Disco Biscuits

MSTRKRFT

Chromeo

Bonnaroo also announced that Phil Lesh and My Morning Jacket will be playing late night sets. I was hoping MMJ would play late night again this year so they will be able to play for a long time, I just hope they play Friday night, not Saturday
  • love the Zappa/Disco Biscuits additions!

and LOVE the Phil Lesh/MMJ late night sets.........

now one question....and I hope this is the case....do the late night sets begin after the Headliner sets?! Because I dont want to miss either late night show....but I dont want to miss one second of Pearl Jam.

anybody know the deal with that?
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
    love the Zappa/Disco Biscuits additions!

and LOVE the Phil Lesh/MMJ late night sets.........

now one question....and I hope this is the case....do the late night sets begin after the Headliner sets?! Because I dont want to miss either late night show....but I dont want to miss one second of Pearl Jam.

anybody know the deal with that?

Late night sets won't start until the headliner is done. They typically start around midnight and would be able to play as long as they want.
  • rhinomagicrhinomagic Posts: 2,549
    NeilJam wrote:
    Finally some additions to the lineup:

Cat Power

Zappa Plays Zappa

The Disco Biscuits

MSTRKRFT

Chromeo

Bonnaroo also announced that Phil Lesh and My Morning Jacket will be playing late night sets. I was hoping MMJ would play late night again this year so they will be able to play for a long time, I just hope they play Friday night, not Saturday

Nice. Thanks for the update!

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • a big fuck yeah to cat power being added
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
    Happy about the additions, still waiting for Les....Would be a disappointment if he isn't there!
  • Has anyone ever bought the DVD??? I already purchased the tickets but will try to add the DVD with some recommendations? Will it include sets of music?
    No, never bought one but it's my first Roo. Seems like a no brainer. 10 bucks including shipping and taxes and all that? I think ordering one is smart, this way in December when it comes in the mail it will be a great present for yourself!
    Has anyone ever bought the DVD??? I already purchased the tickets but will try to add the DVD with some recommendations? Will it include sets of music?

I only have the 1st years. (they didn't make one last year). It includes 1 song by most bands and 2 from the headliners. Lots of cool interviews with band and fans.
    '96 - 10/5
    '98 - 9/1 9/4 9/18
    '04 - 10/6 10/8
  • SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    Pearl jam, Late night Phil Lesh, ZAPPA
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Is Chris Rock gonna be at bonaroo? his picture is up on the website but he's not in the lineup.
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • ZeiffZeiff Posts: 15
    Chris Rock is going to be there. He is listed at the top of the list since he is going to be on a stage and not in the comedy tent.
This discussion has been closed.