Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    I know it sounds awful to make that requirement but at this point in my life of terribly failed relationships, I think it is but a small request. I would perhaps back down to someone who at least actively listens to the band, but I don't know if thats enough.
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Has this actually matched anyone?
  • Options
    KaylosKaylos Posts: 37
    I know there are women out there who have great taste in music. I've found and met some, but things just didn't work out. So who knows? Maybe this will have some luck! I've only been listening to Pearl Jam for around 2 years now, but I'm basically a fanatic now. Just looking for someone to rock with!

20 years old, Male, Brampton/London Ontario (Brampton is my home, go to school in London)
    <strong>Loud, And Damned Proud Of It</strong>
  • Options
    TP198574TP198574 Posts: 5
    Any Pearl Jam ladies out there in southern Michigan/northern Ohio?
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    I've left my last 2 girlfriends because we've got into fights about either how much money I spend on PJ, or the time I spend listening to only them, etc, etc.

I think it's just one of those things that people that aren't into PJ as much as we are just don't understand.
    I think I would only get into a fight with you if I wasn't your +1 to the PJ show! :D
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    I don't even know or ever met any girls that even like Pearl Jam casually, nevermind love them as much as I do. At this point, Id almost be happy meeting a girl that at least likes rock n' roll. Most girls that i have dated had terrible taste in music. I've giving up hope of even meeting a great chick in my area. They dont exist.

dude you are looking in the wrong spot. Give us some credit, there's lots of ladies with great taste in music, just look at these boards!

Of course the ladies here have great taste in music...unfortunately, in the big picture, you are a total minority...
    If you make compatible taste in music a deal-breaking relationship requirement, it's pretty slim pickins. At least in my demographic, with my musical tastes...
    I keep wanting to downplay the significance of similar tastes...it's not a deal-breaker for me...but then I imagine those hours-long road trips with my ex - a part time country music fan. They were hell.

Oh my..so sorry that you had to listen to country music during long road trips!
    In the past, I've done the same thing with down-playing how important compatible music taste is when looking for someone, but it would really be nice to find someone that is as passionate about PJ as I am..there could be PJ roadtrips and PJ vacations... it would be great :D :thumbup:
  • Options
    Michelle10Michelle10 Posts: 148
    locked wrote:
    That's what I'm saying sister!
    If you are nice to me, I might even show it to you ;)
    Michelle10 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    My ten club number is smaller than his!

;D

This may be the only instance where smaller is better! :lol:

Haha this is the only place a low 10c number would feel erotic lol
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • Options
    Damn my high 10C number! :(
    In Digitized Remorse
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    how low is toooooo low????? :shock:
  • Options

Is there such a thing as too low of a 10c number?

Considering I let my membership run out and had to start over Im back to square one so anything lower sounds appealing to me lol

A guy who would actually GO to a pearl jam show and actually enjoy it, would seem appealing to me at this point. My girl friends are getting really sick of my constant begging come tour time :D
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • Options
    Michelle10 wrote:

Is there such a thing as too low of a 10c number?

Considering I let my membership run out and had to start over Im back to square one so anything lower sounds appealing to me lol

A guy who would actually GO to a pearl jam show and actually enjoy it, would seem appealing to me at this point. My girl friends are getting really sick of my constant begging come tour time :D

My thoughts exactly!! I'm in the same predicament! I try not to ask the same friend twice in a row...I know they'll go to do me a favor, but they're not really excited about it.
    A low-10 Club number is appealing...but my number is pretty decent considering I only let it lapse one time around 96-97ish..I'm just looking for a guy that loves PJ...I can be the low 10C number carrying one in the relationship :lol:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    afroannnie wrote:

My thoughts exactly!! I'm in the same predicament! I try not to ask the same friend twice in a row...I know they'll go to do me a favor, but they're not really excited about it.
    A low-10 Club number is appealing...but my number is pretty decent considering I only let it lapse one time around 96-97ish..I'm just looking for a guy that loves PJ...I can be the low 10C number carrying one in the relationship :lol:
    why hello there :lol::lol:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol:
    Perhaps everyone can start wearing their 10C # plastered across their chest at shows...imagine the pick up lines...
    "Hey...I was just noticing your beautiful 10C # and I just had to come over and talk to you" :lol:
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    Brisk. wrote:
    Has this actually matched anyone?
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    Perhaps everyone can start wearing their 10C # plastered across their chest at shows...imagine the pick up lines...
    "Hey...I was just noticing your beautiful 10C # and I just had to come over and talk to you" :lol:

"Is that a low 10C # in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol: :thumbup:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

:lol: awesome
  • Options
    It could be like a key party only everyone drops their ten club # in a bowl instead
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    afroannnie wrote:

hmm, i'm sorry, the 4 must have fallen off at the last show. my number is really 412,589
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

hmm, i'm sorry, the 4 must have fallen off at the last show. my number is really 412,589
    :lol::lol:
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    afroannnie wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

i'd have some good ones :lol::lol::lol:

my number maybe high but i make up for it in other areas :mrgreen:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    NastasjaNastasja Posts: 9,668
    am I undateable ? :P
    You can spend your time alone, re-digesting past regrets,
    Or you can come to terms and realize
    You're the only one who can't forgive yourself
  • Options
    VespertineSunVespertineSun Seattle, WA Posts: 45
    I'm probably older than the average male PJ fan, but does the fact that I have met Eddie get me anywhere with any men over 40??

Have you bathed since this momentous occasion?
    If you have then yes it could get you somewhere with an over 40 PJ fan with a rather low member #

and I am over 40 :P

But are you single? the Eddie encounter was so random and amazing because no one else recognized him. :D
    Be sound.
  • Options
    The only problem with this Pearl Jam dating service for me is that I find the average PJ fan to be about 10 years older than I am. I've got no problem with age difference, but it does tend to be a bit of a deal breaker when I find someone who either already has a kid, or has a mortgage or something serious like that, when I'm not even done my first year of college XD
  • Options
    Suzi78Suzi78 Posts: 362
    Kaylos wrote:
    The only problem with this Pearl Jam dating service for me is that I find the average PJ fan to be about 10 years older than I am. I've got no problem with age difference, but it does tend to be a bit of a deal breaker when I find someone who either already has a kid, or has a mortgage or something serious like that, when I'm not even done my first year of college XD

No Kaylos, don't give up hope! I'm single, probably 10 years older than you, no kids, no mortgage. We can make it work! I'll help you with your homework, take you to school, pack your lunch box etc. What do you think?
    How I choose to feel is how I am
  • Options
    Kaylos wrote:

That is quite true, I am pretty sure that it will be quite hard to come across someone who is female and my age and likes Pearl Jam. I mean most Pearl Jam fans are male, and in their 30s-40s. So finding a female Pearl Jam fan in their 20's is probably not going to happen.
    Noblesville 6/22/2003 St. Louis 5/4/2010 East Troy 9/4/2011
    Cleveland 5/20/2006 Columbus 5/6/2010 Chicago 7/19/2013
    Cincinnatti 6/24/2006 Noblesville 5/7/2010. Buffalo 10/12/2013
    Lollapalooza 8/5/2007 Mountain View 10/23/2010 Cincinnatti 10/1/2014
    Washington D.C. 6/22/2008 Mountain View 10/24/2010 St. Louis 10/3/2014
    Chicago 8/22/2008(EV Solo) St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo) St. Paul 10/19/2014
    Kansas City 5/3/2010 East Troy 9/3/2011 Milwaukee 10/20/2014
    Hampton 4/18/2016 Columbia 4/21/2016 Lexington 4/26/2016
    NYC 5/2/2016
  • Options
    Kaylos wrote:

Does that mean that consequently you get stuck being babysitter and ATM machine?

But the responsible thing would be to say "the kid is going to a babysitter, and the mortgage can wait. Let's go to a PJ show!". Sounds logical.
    In Digitized Remorse
  • Options
    Suzi78 wrote:
    Kaylos wrote:

No Kaylos, don't give up hope! I'm single, probably 10 years older than you, no kids, no mortgage. We can make it work! I'll help you with your homework, take you to school, pack your lunch box etc. What do you think?

You gotta tuck me in a night too, or else I'll be all fussy in the morning and I won't eat my dinosaur egg oatmeal ;)
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

i'd have some good ones :lol::lol::lol:

my number maybe high but i make up for it in other areas :mrgreen:

:lol: Somebody's played this game before :D
  • Options
    Kaylos wrote:

Does that mean that consequently you get stuck being babysitter and ATM machine?

But the responsible thing would be to say "the kid is going to a babysitter, and the mortgage can wait. Let's go to a PJ show!". Sounds logical.
    ATM machine? I wish. Tuition has got me broke. I'm in debt because I bought Eddie Vedder solo tickets and Chris Cornell solo tickets. I figured that was fairly responsible. Then I decided to celebrate by ordering a couple of SG t-shirts and the new Foo Fighter album.

But I do agree that PJ > Mortgage/babysitting.