Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    Michelle10Michelle10 Posts: 148
    morello wrote:
    Good posts you gals. "Must be willing to go to Pearl Jam shows" would be good to put on the internet dating profile. I've juts added "would be good to find someone who like Pearl Jam almost as much as me" to mine! ;):)

:thumbup:
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'll play

25/m/Philly 'burbs/painfully single :)

most guys will brag about the size of their junk... i'll brag about having a real good member #... i'm always within the first 6 rows... that turn you on ladies? ;)

:lol: I just read that, I think I may marry you ;) lol
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    My ten club number is smaller than his!

;D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    ilikeapplesilikeapples Posts: 14
    edited November 2012
    Great idea!

I haven't had a chance to read through all of the previous posts but I would love to meet fellow pearl jam lovers!
    Unfortunately, the only guy I know who is as big a fan as I am is my brother...ewww! :lol:
    Post edited by ilikeapples on
  • Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    I haven't read all of this post.. but it is actually quite poignant..

I have always struggled to find friends who understand my "need" to see Pearl Jam more than once when they do a tour.. they just don't get it... so it really makes sense that I wouldn't find it in a partner. I am also tired of trying to get friends along to shows (it always seems like I am punishing them) and would love to take a partner as my plus one..

I always now think that it is only a Pearl Jam fan that understands another Pearl Jam fan.. we get it.. :thumbup:
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Well I guess it's comforting to see that there are many of us that are in the same boat...I feel the same way when I get my friends to go to shows. Even though they're music lovers too, they just don't share the same enthusiasm that I've seen in fellow PJ fans.

Oh, and I love that everyone uses their 10C number as a "selling" point. :D

I can see it now..."Mommy..why did you marry Daddy? Was it his good looks, sense of humor, kind heart?" "Don't be silly dear, he had the lowest 10C number I've ever seen!" :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    locked wrote:

;D

This may be the only instance where smaller is better! :lol:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    I can see it now..."Mommy..why did you marry Daddy? Was it his good looks, sense of humor, kind heart?" "Don't be silly dear, he had the lowest 10C number I've ever seen!" :lol:

I love it !! lol :lol:
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Michelle10 wrote:
    locked wrote:

;D

it's not how small your 10C number is, it's how you use it 8-)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    jodiemjodiem Posts: 133
    afroannnie wrote:

Gold!!! :clap::clap::lol:
    1995: Perth
    2006: Sydney x 2
    2009: Philly, Sydney
    2013: San Diego, LA1 & 2, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Vancouver, Seattle

EV Solo - Canberra, Newcastle, Sydney x 2
  • Options
    Michelle10 wrote:
    locked wrote:

;D

it's not how small your 10C number is, it's how you use it 8-)

Frig I want someone to use their low number on me lol :wave:
  • Options
    enrique_hrenrique_hr Posts: 249
    21 Male. The Orange County (Santa Ana, Ca)

Cal State Long Beach University

Studying Geology with Emphasis on Volcanology

PM me
    Stop throwing the man quarters!

EV 07-6-2011, LA1 11/23/2013, LA2 11/24/2013
  • Options
    VespertineSunVespertineSun Seattle, WA Posts: 45
    I'm probably older than the average male PJ fan, but does the fact that I have met Eddie get me anywhere with any men over 40??
    Be sound.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    edited March 2011
    I'm probably older than the average male PJ fan, but does the fact that I have met Eddie get me anywhere with any men over 40??

Have you bathed since this momentous occasion?
    If you have then yes it could get you somewhere with an over 40 PJ fan with a rather low member #

and I am over 40 :P
    Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Options
    dirtymikedirtymike Posts: 121
    ah screw it I'll give it a shot :) 33 year old guy in Madison, Wisconsin here :) hoping to find a sugar momma who bought tickets to chicago today! :) ok not really...but seriously... ;)
  • Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    dirtymike wrote:
    ah screw it I'll give it a shot :) 33 year old guy in Madison, Wisconsin here :) hoping to find a sugar momma who bought tickets to chicago today! :) ok not really...but seriously... ;)

Damn. If only you had said Detroit. ;)
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    Why can't women in the 'real world' accept a 29 year old who spends most of his money, time, and attention on a band? I get it if it was U2 or DMB, but come on, it's PJ!
    I wanna taste... everyone I see....

• Options
    Why can't women in the 'real world' accept a 29 year old who spends most of his money, time, and attention on a band? I get it if it was U2 or DMB, but come on, it's PJ!

Pal, it's a question I've been pondering for years about men out there. How could anyone NOT get the fact that Pearl Jam is like air to me.
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    I've left my last 2 girlfriends because we've got into fights about either how much money I spend on PJ, or the time I spend listening to only them, etc, etc.
    I wanna taste... everyone I see....

• Options
    I've made the mistake of dating folks who dont like PJ, never again. If I have to become the crazy cat lady, I will, cause if you don't like Pearl Jam, and I mean, if you aren't completely ape-shit about them, ya just wont get me.
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    I like the way this thread is heading!! It's all been lightbulb moments!! Yay & it's all a very good idea - must like PJ, must have a very low PJ number, must have me as his +1 when HE buys the tickets!! ;):lol::)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    must like PJ, must have a very low PJ number, must have me as his +1 when HE buys the tickets!! ;):lol::)

Not a fan of romantic comedy movies, but "Must Love Pearl Jam" would be a great name for one.
    In Digitized Remorse
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    That's what I'm saying sister!
    If you are nice to me, I might even show it to you ;)
    Michelle10 wrote:
    locked wrote:

;D

"This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    I don't even know or ever met any girls that even like Pearl Jam casually, nevermind love them as much as I do. At this point, Id almost be happy meeting a girl that at least likes rock n' roll. Most girls that i have dated had terrible taste in music. I've giving up hope of even meeting a great chick in my area. They dont exist.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    I don't even know or ever met any girls that even like Pearl Jam casually, nevermind love them as much as I do. At this point, Id almost be happy meeting a girl that at least likes rock n' roll. Most girls that i have dated had terrible taste in music. I've giving up hope of even meeting a great chick in my area. They dont exist.

dude you are looking in the wrong spot. Give us some credit, there's lots of ladies with great taste in music, just look at these boards!
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    i hate girls that like "a lil bit of everything" which basically translates to "i dont like to make decisions and I really don't care"

or girls that listen to country music....never dating that kinda girl AGAIN (unless she has beer-flavored nipples then im going to keith urban every summer)
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    dirtymikedirtymike Posts: 121
    hockeygrrl wrote:
    dirtymike wrote:

hah, ok, did i Mention, shes also willing to relocate? ;)
  • Options
    Dirty TomDirty Tom Posts: 883
    hockeygrrl wrote:
    dirtymike wrote:

I'm from detroit (actually St Hts.) and I play hockey! It's about time someone from Detroit posted here. :D
    http://www.fancorps.com/wishlistfoundation/view/25753|187003.jpg

"This is the greatest band in the world"---Ben Harper

• Options

dude you are looking in the wrong spot. Give us some credit, there's lots of ladies with great taste in music, just look at these boards!
    That is true. But unfortunately there arent any where I live. So I guess I dont have much of choice. Evidently there are in Philly! ;)
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056

Of course the ladies here have great taste in music...unfortunately, in the big picture, you are a total minority...
    If you make compatible taste in music a deal-breaking relationship requirement, it's pretty slim pickins. At least in my demographic, with my musical tastes...
    I keep wanting to downplay the significance of similar tastes...it's not a deal-breaker for me...but then I imagine those hours-long road trips with my ex - a part time country music fan. They were hell.