Options

Pearl Jam Dating Service

Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    yakko69 wrote:
    just stopped seeing someone who i could sit around and have a few drinks and listen to pjam with...guy was a bad boyfriend, but a great pearl jam fan....tried hard to keep it going since there are very few people who will listen to pearl jam for countless hours...

bad boyfriends are definitely bad but a bad Pj boyfriend thats got to be soooo much worse

Oh man, I couldn't imagine finally finding a cute diehard PJ chick from my area, dating her for a while....and having a bad split. I think the PJ bond would make things rather difficult for us to part ways. Oh well, haven't found a PJ chick just yet. But I do have a pretty good membership number....and a good job!!!

They are definitely out there
  • Options
    gems_n_rhinestonesgems_n_rhinestones Harrisburg, PA Posts: 380
    So....I'm back on the market fellows :lol::lol::lol:

Ok, not ready yet, as the wound is still fresh, but I have seen this thread here and there and I thought how it would be cool to have a boyfriend who dug the band as much or at least on the same level as me. In fact, I just ended a 2 1/2 year relationship with someone who was at first a fan. Probably one of the coolest/most thoughtful things he did was buy me the Gorge set early on in our relationship. At that time, although I called PJ my favorite band, I really was clueless about who they were. I was a radio-friendly fan ( :oops: ). Anyway, I learned a lot about "my" band; that there was a lot more to their music than what I knew. So, we one night were sharing a bottle of wine and checked the site (I joined soon after) and saw they were touring and would be in Philly in the next month and we got tickets and blah, blah, blah. That happened to be such a huge part of my PJ "evolution". We happened to catch night 3 and whoa!! Holy shit balls, what a show!! I was blown away and could hardly forgive myself for not KNOWING my so called favorite band. Needless to say, I caught the fever and here I am. Well, from then on it seemed like he became jealous. Jealous of Ed. Jealous of me having an interest. I don't know. It just went downhill, and listening to them became something we could no longer share. And you guys know, you don't want to be with someone who ridicules/criticizes something you love.

I had to hide purchases, or the ones I made we would fight about. It just became a problem. I'm not saying we broke up over Pearl Jam, just that I got sick of having to keep it private, I guess. And, no, I wasn't going to any extremes. All completely normal stuff. :?

Not sure if this is the place for it, but thanks for reading/listening to my long winded post. I just needed to vent and share with you all, and so there you have it. I'm a bit sad, but I'm glad too. Fuck him! I went ahead and bought a couple of EV posters today from another board member I've wanted and I'm excited to no longer feel like I can't enjoy one of my many passions. Regardless of how one feels about someone else's "hobby", at the very least you should support the one you love and make concessions even if you don't necessarily agree with them.

Anyway, when the time is right, who knows, I might meet one/many of you lovely PJ fans.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    So....I'm back on the market fellows :lol::lol::lol:

you have come to the right spot to find single guys. :lol:

i don't even try and hide my purchcases, but than, i only buy tickets and travel.

you going to pj20? if so, stop by the aet tent. we have waffles.

best of luck finding a pj date.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Yes I am definitely going to PJ20 even if it is solo. So yes, I think I will check out those waffles. :lol:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    sweet. you are officially in charge of the singles activities

make sure to sign up

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146463
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

make sure to sign up

No worries. I was one of the first to sign up. I'll be there!!
  • Options
    PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    You had to hide purchases? That is just wrong!
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • Options
    re: your bad boyfriend

I had something similar happen, though thankfully it wasn't with PJ (that is totally all my domain). My thing was horror movies. I always liked them, but usually the old school, black and white ones, and it was an interest that I wasn't really focused on. But I dated someone who was really into them and it was a lot of fun watching "new" ones with him - from old Bela Lugosi, to the Hammer stuff, to the bottom shelf ones made more recently. But he started getting weird if I acted too interested in them or would talk about them with any authority or something. Like I was a poser since I didn't have the vast knowledge he did prior to us even meeting each other. So though I had seen really off the wall films like Lady in a Cage, because I didn't know the whole Halloween saga, I deserved to be denigrated.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I understand.

I, on the other hand, am looking for someone who is already into the band. But I'm happy to share my (perhaps minimal) knowledge of horror films ;)
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    I was just thinking the other day. well the 'pearl jam wedding' thread/s often have me thinking about what PJ songs I'd want at my wedding(if/when I get married again) & then I think well jeez he'll have to be seriously into PJ as well of course so PJ songs work for both of us & that rolls onto thinking about how fabulous it would be to meet someone, get with someone, fall for someone etc etc who is as into PJ as I am.... bla bla bla.... so there you go, another single PJ fa who would LOVE to hook up with another PJ fan!! :D
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    PJfanPAPJfanPA Posts: 130
    I, on the other hand, am looking for someone who is already into the band. But I'm happy to share my (perhaps minimal) knowledge of horror films ;)[/quote]
    Don't sell yourself short! I have absolutely no knowledge of horror movies! :)
    09/02/00 04/28/03 07/05/03 07/06/03 07/12/03 10/01/04 10/03/05 05/13/06 05/27/06 05/28/06 06/01/06 06/03/06
  • Options
    jjheel13jjheel13 Durham, NC Posts: 222
    Any single females in the raleigh/durham area?
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    haha PJ cougars huh? I guess they do have some experience with the music.....and other things as well.
    I got some if you need it.

5/20/06 Cleveland 6/24/06 Cincinnati 5/6/10 Columbus 5/7/10 Indiana 5/9/10 Cleveland 5/10/10 Buffalo 6/26/11 EV Detroit 9/3-4/11 Alpine Valley WI 9/11-12/11 Toronto 2011 Atlanta 2012
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    Whatever happened to the NING PJ Singles site?
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    81 wrote:

make sure to sign up

Singles activites for PJ20 is a great idea :) I need to find a nice pj boy...i'm tired of taking my brothers to shows. I brought my gay friend last show...i think he was excited that we landed front row (yay lottery!), but I think he was secretly wishing eddie was cher :)
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,601
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

make sure to sign up

http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=146463

Singles activites for PJ20 is a great idea :) I need to find a nice pj boy...i'm tired of taking my brothers to shows. I brought my gay friend last show...i think he was excited that we landed front row (yay lottery!), but I think he was secretly wishing eddie was cher :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

make sure to sign up

and we have just foudn your assistnat.....

maybe we have a singles lottory. all the single guys toss thier tickets into a bucket. than an hour or so before the opening act takes teh stage, all the single girls pull a date from teh bucket....any extra guys get a new drinking bud for the night. :lol:

wait, how would this work with tickets pairs...hmm....might have to think about this one. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Any Pearl Jam ladies in CT?
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    Ohio? Any ladies early 20's? Probably not huh? :cry:
    I got some if you need it.

5/20/06 Cleveland 6/24/06 Cincinnati 5/6/10 Columbus 5/7/10 Indiana 5/9/10 Cleveland 5/10/10 Buffalo 6/26/11 EV Detroit 9/3-4/11 Alpine Valley WI 9/11-12/11 Toronto 2011 Atlanta 2012
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    81 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    81 wrote:

make sure to sign up

and we have just foudn your assistnat.....

maybe we have a singles lottory. all the single guys toss thier tickets into a bucket. than an hour or so before the opening act takes teh stage, all the single girls pull a date from teh bucket....any extra guys get a new drinking bud for the night. :lol:

wait, how would this work with tickets pairs...hmm....might have to think about this one. :lol:

Ha ha, that's a fucking GREAT IDEA!!!! The logistics of doing this would be hard though. You could have everyone throw their spare in and the person that pulled their spare out would be their "PJ date" for the night, but how do you figure out what to do with the extra tickets?
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    yakko69 wrote:
    Whatever happened to the NING PJ Singles site?

I'm kinda wondering too. Checked it for the first time in a LONG TIME recently, and noticed it was dead.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Options
    I have been thinking about this idea for ages(never looked deep enough in the threads to find it) I really think it is vital that a good mate be a PJ mate. My exes have never understood my passion/obsession with the band. I had one guy stand in my driveway as I was heading to Champaign for a concert tell me if I went we were through...I went but he was still waiting when I got back, lol.

So here goes. 29, F, ISO PJ guy :)
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    wait, how would this work with tickets pairs...hmm....might have to think about this one.

Imaging bringing a friend and having to do the good will hunting "got to go see about a girl", sorry may but thanks for coming. But who I am kidding I'd be in the "drinking buddy" group.
    Uniondale - Apr 30, 2003 Camden - Jul 06, 2003 Holmdel - Jul 14, 2003 Boston - Sep 28, 2004 Montreal - Sep 15, 2005 Philly - Oct 03, 2005 East Rutherford Jun 03, 2006 MSG - Jun 24-25 2008 Philly Oct 27-31, 2009 Newark - May 18, 2010 MSG - May 20-21, 2010
    Alpine Valley - Sept 3-4, 2011 Philly - Sept 2, 2012 Brooklyn - Oct 18-19, 2013 Philly - Oct 21-22, 2013 LA - Nov 23-24, 2013 New York -Sept 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale - Apr 8, 2016 Miami - Apr 9, 2016 Philly - Apr 28-29, 2016 MSG - May 1-2, 2016 Fenway - Aug 5-7, 2016
    Brooklyn - Apr 7, 2017 Fenway - Sept 3-4, 2018 

• Options
    33 year old in western NY (the half near Buffalo, not the half near NYC) woman seeking man.
    she holds the hand that holds her down, she will rise above!
  • Options
    hockeygrrlhockeygrrl Posts: 141
    Something tells me that I would also end up being a drinking buddy. Story of my life, eh?
    <b>One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain</b> <i>~Bob Marley</i>
  • Options
    NB1996NB1996 Posts: 12
    I, too, had a boyfriend who was insanely jealous of EV. He would accuse me of the wildest things. He was convinced I'd been to their houses and hotel rooms for aftershow parties, that I went backstage, had wild sex with the guys. Can you believe it? What a freak. I finally invited him to a couple of shows (he's not a fan), and we flew to Cleveland for a show and then drove to Buffalo for a show. The next thing you know, he was jealous of my fellow TC members because of the connection and the camaraderie.
    Now that I'm single, I was thinking a PJ fan would be great to date, but then again, you've got to deal with that man crush. Have you ever really looked around at the crowd at a show? So many guys have the classic man crush on Ed. I think it would be okay and I could handle it. Is there a dating service up and going yet? I'm single now and looking, and I have a low TC number. Anyone want to meet me in St. Louis?
  • Options
    Michelle10Michelle10 Posts: 148
    This thread makes me laugh a little because there have been times I have wanted to post a single ad on eharmony (or whatever) and simply say "Must be willing to go to Pearl Jam shows". I almost don't even care if the person likes them or not as long as they will go and let me groove along and do my thing haha Obviously it would be better if the person was a fun too though. To the three shows I've been to, Ive had to beg (even so much as paid up to $1,000) just to bribe friends to come with me. It would be nice to be able to find a guy who likes to do the road trip thing and would consider a summer vacation heading off to a Pj show, or actually WANT to listen to PJ in the car, or someone to have a conversation with about the music and the person can actually say something more than "yeah jeremy was a cool song". :roll: I ended up marrying a guy who liked Techno and of the 7 years I was with him refused to go to one show, obviouslly it didnt work out and I swore I would never be with anyone again who I couldn't go to shows with. It seems like majority of the guys where Im from (Saint john, NB like either techo fake rap or nickelback....urgh...cringes :(
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    Good posts you gals. "Must be willing to go to Pearl Jam shows" would be good to put on the internet dating profile. I've juts added "would be good to find someone who like Pearl Jam almost as much as me" to mine! ;):)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    You know I'm surprised nobody has replied to this post yet. I'm currently married but it's probably a good idea or I'm just drunk.

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    lugnutlugnut Asheville Posts: 67
    damn.... hard to believe it's been 20 years now and well over 50 shows and still never met my own pj loving woman ...have made great lasting friends from shows and pre-show fundraisers but never met the one.
    I am a bit older now, comfortably jaded
    I've never bit on this thread 'til now either, just seems like a perfect summer to invoke cosmic mayhem, so Cheers to EV in Philly/ PJ20 / rumored tour with a few southern? stops!
  • Options
    lugnut wrote:
    damn.... hard to believe it's been 20 years now and well over 50 shows and still never met my own pj loving woman ...have made great lasting friends from shows and pre-show fundraisers but never met the one.
    I am a bit older now, comfortably jaded
    I've never bit on this thread 'til now either, just seems like a perfect summer to invoke cosmic mayhem, so Cheers to EV in Philly/ PJ20 / rumored tour with a few southern? stops!

I find that hard to believe too...this is your year...