Comments

• Options
    i_lov_it wrote:
    jemms wrote:
    OMFG perth thats right!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

...as in perth doesnt have as many hot guys as melbourne hahaha

I agree with you there...mirrors crack everytime i walk past lol :D

But you know, people are oh so much hotter, regardless, once you realise that they are a FAN!!! Don't you think so? ;)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,623
    I say best of luck to everyone! A female fan is very hard to find! And a normal guy is pretty much impossible to come by... No one that I know understands my obsession. I also need new friends that are fans! My friends suck ass! Is this all too much to ask?!? :(

haha. I agree. nobody understands me :(

I was actually going to travel to Australia last minute next week (but cant because of a work thing)... I couldnt imagine explaining that to anyone.

I also decided to go to AU next time around (who knows when that will be)... But ill be ready.
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I need a man who is a PJ fan, my ex wasn't which is why I never went to a PJ gig or was a member of 10C for 10 years!!!
    I was so excited when I got the Euro boots this week, sat in work listening to them and raving about them, and increasingly my friends both at work and outside think I am a total mad woman!!
    They think I am even more crazy to be thinking of going to see them abroad next year...

Oh single, male, PJ fans in or who like south west England where art thou????
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    my ex fiance used to call me a dirtbag and told me i listened to dirtbag music.. so frustrating.. i'm like sorry dude.. i dont like techno.. didnt realize at first that it's VERY VERY important that we both like pj.. i wasn't allowed a bachelorette party so my party was me and my brother driving to Albany to see Ed solo.. and even then i got called a roadtripping dirtbag and also accused of lying about who i was taking with me.. ugggh can u see why the wedding didnt happen?? haha oh boy
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I say best of luck to everyone! A female fan is very hard to find! And a normal guy is pretty much impossible to come by... No one that I know understands my obsession. I also need new friends that are fans! My friends suck ass! Is this all too much to ask?!? :(

haha. I agree. nobody understands me :(

I was actually going to travel to Australia last minute next week (but cant because of a work thing)... I couldnt imagine explaining that to anyone.

I also decided to go to AU next time around (who knows when that will be)... But ill be ready.
    I was seriously looking around the house to see what I could sell off to be able to afford the trek. I believe everyone that I know what have sent me to a mental health facility... Next time. I am not missing a show next tour. I need a new tour buddy...
  • Options

I thought you and Mike were an item...
    This is true, of course... But I dont like being commited to just one person... :lol:
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    People call me picky, I don't see how. I'm passionate about PJ and want to share that!! Is that too much too ask? Yes, being a redsox fan is a plus. Wearing flips year round would just top it all off, but how difficult is it to find someone with a passion for good music?! When I was in Philly last weekend for 3 of the 4 shows....I spent some time drinking in center city...and some of the guys I met....this is how the conversation went:
    ME: You like PJ?
    HIM: Oh hell yea! They rock, great band.
    ME: Are you going to any of the shows?
    HIM: When are they playing?
    ME: Jackass (as I walk away...)

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You live in Philly, with all the news of the Spectrum closing, and PJ playing the final 4 shows...you have no idea they are in your city? TONIGHT?!!

Please...

Yeah that's pretty lame. There's alot of meatheads and Paris Hilton types that make up our generation nowadays......
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    gorga14 wrote:
    People call me picky, I don't see how. I'm passionate about PJ and want to share that!! Is that too much too ask? Yes, being a redsox fan is a plus. Wearing flips year round would just top it all off, but how difficult is it to find someone with a passion for good music?! When I was in Philly last weekend for 3 of the 4 shows....I spent some time drinking in center city...and some of the guys I met....this is how the conversation went:
    ME: You like PJ?
    HIM: Oh hell yea! They rock, great band.
    ME: Are you going to any of the shows?
    HIM: When are they playing?
    ME: Jackass (as I walk away...)

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You live in Philly, with all the news of the Spectrum closing, and PJ playing the final 4 shows...you have no idea they are in your city? TONIGHT?!!

Please...

psssh beat this one
    Her: Hey Georgia you got tickets to the pearl jam show in philly?
    ME: YA I DO!!! i'm so excited!
    Her: ughhh i'd dieeee to go! me and Steph are like die hard Pearl Jam fans!
    ME: really? we've been friends forever i didnt know that. of course you can come! I have 4 tickets! it'll be great going with people who will appreciate the how significant these shows are!

at the concert...

Her: uggh i dont know ANY of these songs! when are they going to play betterman? or like evenflow!
    ME: i'm going to punch you in the face. stop talking

So that's what you meant by kill joy.....That would have ruined it for me, sounds like anxiety lol....
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh God please let there be. I feel like a relationship is the one thing missing in my life. All else is great. I'd love to meet a single female pearl jam fan. They are hard to find here. I got a few responses but no cigar. I'll keep trying my luck though. If any single pearl jam ladies are looking for a pearl jam fan, and just a guy who is level headed, smart, kind Loves going to concerts, and talking about music (mainly I'm a classic rock and 90's alternative rock kind of guy. I don't want this to make me sound desperate or anything, but after being single for a bit, It just gets lonely. I just feel so bored, and tired of going to work and coming home and watching movies/ going to shows alone. I miss being in a relationship and meeting new people, specifically ones that have similar interest. So if any pj ladies out there are feeling in the same boat and looking for the same thing pm me. I'd love to hear from ya. :)
    http://www.myspace.com/KEBPJFAN
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    gorga14 wrote:
    my ex fiance used to call me a dirtbag and told me i listened to dirtbag music.. so frustrating.. i'm like sorry dude.. i dont like techno.. didnt realize at first that it's VERY VERY important that we both like pj.. i wasn't allowed a bachelorette party so my party was me and my brother driving to Albany to see Ed solo.. and even then i got called a roadtripping dirtbag and also accused of lying about who i was taking with me.. ugggh can u see why the wedding didnt happen?? haha oh boy

Awe... thats so sweet. Yall sound so cute together, can't believe it didn't work out between a techno nerd like him and a dirtbag like you :(
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    mrs_vedder wrote:
    I'm a female PJ fan, living in South East England and apart from my brother, nobody else I know has even heard of Pearl Jam. I would love to meet somebody who is as obsessed as me and travel the world going to PJ gigs, probably asking too much though! ;)

hi...im also in south eaast england but married with kids...sorry..but at least your not alone in the area ..ive never seen or met anyone either.who share this passion..where abouts are you,,

I'm from Ashford, Kent.......how about you, where you from?

(See, all the best guys with great taste are already taken) ;)

EDIT THAT: I've just seen you're from West Sussex!!!
  • Options
    gorga14gorga14 Posts: 103
    mr.pink wrote:
    gorga14 wrote:

Awe... thats so sweet. Yall sound so cute together, can't believe it didn't work out between a techno nerd like him and a dirtbag like you :(

haha i know.. it baffles me too.. but in the end the thumping of heavy house music was killing the few brain cells i had left and i just couldnt' handle it anymore.. plus he was an asshat haha
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:
    gorga14 wrote:

I want to be where your picture was taken mr. Pink
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    Frank
    male
    interested in Females
    New Jersey. I live in central Jersey, But go to college near Philly.
    I love Pearl Jam.
    Also love to golf and ski.
    Im a layed back, sensible person.
    Got an engineering personality.
    If anyone my age even just wants to hang out and talk about Pearl Jam Id be up for that. :):)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    gorga14 wrote:
    mr.pink wrote:
    gorga14 wrote:

haha i know.. it baffles me too.. but in the end the thumping of heavy house music was killing the few brain cells i had left and i just couldnt' handle it anymore.. plus he was an asshat haha

Don't feel bad. There is no way I could handle that music either (plus he does sound like a douche). I've accepted new music because of relationships, but house music will make you insane if you're not on acid or something like that.
  • Options
    FrankieG wrote:
    Frank
    male
    interested in Females
    New Jersey. I live in central Jersey, But go to college near Philly.
    I love Pearl Jam.
    Also love to golf and ski.
    Im a layed back, sensible person.
    Got an engineering personality.
    If anyone my age even just wants to hang out and talk about Pearl Jam Id be up for that. :):)

Are you Dirty Frank :lol:
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,099
    mrs_vedder wrote:

Are you Dirty Frank :lol:

No :( ... :lol: But I could be ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA
    2022: 9/14 NJ ... 2024: 5/28 WA, 9/7 PA, 9/9 PA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:
    gorga14 wrote:

I want to be where your picture was taken mr. Pink

Its near Florence, OR. I like to take "artistic" pics and Oregon supplies endless opportunities.

BTW girls, I'll be single in December! My girlfriend goes back to Korea then :( So, if any woman here would like to console me... :P (j/k i really will miss her). Anyway, I'm good-lookin, fun, intelligent, 30 years old, and love PJ. I did hook up with a PJ obsessed girl once. It was just a one night thing from the bar. The whole PJ worshiping thing was the major draw once we started talking. And my drunk ass was truely moved when I looked through her music collection. It was the closest to my own that I'd ever seen.
  • Options
    I want to be where your picture was taken mr. Pink[/quote]

Its near Florence, OR. I like to take "artistic" pics and Oregon supplies endless opportunities.

BTW girls, I'll be single in December! My girlfriend goes back to Korea then :( So, if any woman here would like to console me... :P (j/k i really will miss her). Anyway, I'm good-lookin, fun, intelligent, 30 years old, and love PJ. I did hook up with a PJ obsessed girl once. It was just a one night thing from the bar. The whole PJ worshiping thing was the major draw once we started talking. And my drunk ass was truely moved when I looked through her music collection. It was the closest to my own that I'd ever seen.[/quote]
    It looks beautiful!!! I have never been to the west coast, yet! Heading there soon! So, why arent you leaving with your girlfriend? It may be in your best interest to not advertise that you are/will be on the rebound... :(
  • Options
    It looks beautiful!!! I have never been to the west coast, yet! Heading there soon! So, why arent you leaving with your girlfriend? It may be in your best interest to not advertise that you are/will be on the rebound... :(

I moved up here in March and its so beautiful. I do alot of hikes and its just amazing at every turn. Especially for West Texas man. Nah, my girlfriend finishes school in December, so she's going back home to stay. Its not a "long-term" relationship, no pressure like that. I'm sure we'll still be friends. And I will miss her, but its not that dramatic so there shouldn't be a "rebound". More like a "release back into the wild" ;)
  • Options
    mr.pink wrote:

I moved up here in March and its so beautiful. I do alot of hikes and its just amazing at every turn. Especially for West Texas man. Nah, my girlfriend finishes school in December, so she's going back home to stay. Its not a "long-term" relationship, no pressure like that. I'm sure we'll still be friends. And I will miss her, but its not that dramatic so there shouldn't be a "rebound". More like a "release back into the wild" ;)
    Oh, how sad! Good luck with that. Sometimes a long distance thing isnt a good choice- you end up not living the life that you should. Probably a very wise choice...
    I have seen sooo many amazing pics from Washington- cant wait to see it all firsthand. Cant imagine being exposed to so much beauty everywhere... :)
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Did I say I love poetry and long walks on the beach?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

Haha! You ARE trying hard - hopefully some lovely Pearl Jam freak who lives in Melbourne comes to your rescue soon!!! ;)
  • Options

Haha! You ARE trying hard - hopefully some lovely Pearl Jam freak who lives in Melbourne comes to your rescue soon!!! ;)

I will write them poetry and take them for long walks on the beach.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

I will write them poetry and take them for long walks on the beach.

I do hear people find that quite appealing!!!!
  • Options
    It will be just like Jim Morrison in the Doors movie, on the roof at night.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    I love Pearl Jam more than...you!
  • Options

Roses are red
    Violets are blue

Oohh...I love that scene with Jim and Pam and he's reading her his poetry...or is she reading it? Really love that movie.....helps that Val Kilmer is really hot in it - before he got all old and chunky....... :)
  • Options

Roses are red
    Violets are blue

Oohh...I love that scene with Jim and Pam and he's reading her his poetry...or is she reading it? Really love that movie.....helps that Val Kilmer is really hot in it - before he got all old and chunky....... :)

She reads his book of poetry.
    Then sparks fly.
  • Options

Roses are red
    Violets are blue

She reads his book of poetry.
    Then sparks fly.
    They do indeed!!! THAT part I remember quite clearly........ ;):lol:
  • Options
    I love how he meets her, just swings into her house.
    Now that is courage.