***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    This is my I'M WILLING TO DO INTO DEBT post to go to many shows in the South...
    So PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Hell, I might even skip a class or two to see Pearl Jam in the South bump.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    this thread is slipping, bumpin back up to the top of the page
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Yeah, when I finally get back on-line at home next Monday, I expect to see us up to 3,000!!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • bumping with a reminder : let us southerners get our tix before you guys buy them all!
    Lizardking wrote:
    ED @ Gorge II

"This is the last stop for us on the US Tour"

South Not happening, sorry but he has spoken!!!

Um, the at the gorge show last year he said it would be a long time if ever they would play the gorge again. Hmm, I guess a long time is just a few months for him.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    TGIF Bump!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Staying ahead of the South American petition..........come on folks, they are catching up..............Please Play the South (U.S.)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Please Play The South............damn double bump
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Still remaining Faithfull because..........Nothing could be finer than PJ in Carolina
    Brian
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213

:D:D:D PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.........PLAY THE SOUTH SOON! PLAY THE SOUTH SOON! PLAY THE...PLAY THE SOUTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOHHHHHHHHHH SOON! :D:D:D

PLEASE! DON'T GO ON US! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

:D:D:D PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.........PLAY THE SOUTH SOON! PLAY THE SOUTH SOON! PLAY THE...PLAY THE SOUTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OOOOHHHHHHHHHH SOON! :D:D:D

Darn right Juli! VS ROCKS! :cool:

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:

I support this thread too!! Pearl_Juli as you support the southamerica thread ;)

]

PLEASE! DON'T GO ON THEM! :)

:D
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • LauraPJLauraPJ Posts: 1,777
    I totally support this thread as well...
    [size=+2]PJ IN THE SOUTH![/size]
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
    I support this thread too!! Pearl_Juli as you support the southamerica thread ;)

]

PLEASE! DON'T GO ON THEM! :)

:D

Your support is greatly appreciated :)
    PEARL JAM, PLEASE PLAY EVERYTHING SOUTH OF DC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

:D:D:D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Your support is greatly appreciated :)

:D:D:D

you are welcome!!! :D

everybody deserves some Pearl Jam right!!!

I support every place that you want!! and thanks for the support at the southamerica thread!! ;)
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    2nd page...shameful. not doing my part today...sorry....

please, please, at least tell us "no way" or, stay "faithful"....please?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Just go in from the airport...
    I still cannot believe it happened.

I made a sign (just the size of a man's handkerchief) that said "PLAY IN FLORIDA".

At the end of the 2nd Lisbon concert they had the full lights up for the last three songs. It was by far the best concert I have ever seen - they were totally enjoying the crowd. I was on the first balcony Stone's side - right next to the stage. (the floor was on huge mosh pit of 10,000 + people).

We had front row mosh spots the first night but could only take 5 songs - it was awful. Second night we ended up with front row balcony seats.

When lights were full on I held my sign along the balcony (the people around me didn't even see it.) Ed took a break and came to our side and was just dancing and looking at the people.

He held his hand over his eyes so he could read my sign.

When he realized what the sign said he threw his head back (as if to say Ahhhh!!! somewhat guilt-ily) spun around and waggled his head and shrugged his shoulders (as if to say "I don't know!?!)
    Then he danced around and gave me that look out of the side of his eyes with that devil grin.
    By then, I had my hands clenched and extended (beseechingly) and was saying "Pleeeeaaase??!". He threw his head back and laughed & waved.
    A few minutes later, he came back. By then I was just standing, clapping and yelling "Bravo, Bravo!" He smiled and I nodded at him and bowed my head a little and He did the same thing back to me!!!
    Then he waved again and he danced back to center stage to say goodbye with the rest of the guys- it really was the end of the show - I think a record breaker - just shy of 3 hours.

I was blown away. Ijust looked at my husband who was as shocked as I was. and he said, "It really happened!". It all happened so naturally and spontaneously- I really couldn't have planned it.

So I don't know what they plan about playing the South, but I do know he feels guilty (good!) and I got my two cents in! And it was the best concert yet.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    just stoppin by to bump this thread

::::::::::waves to all my friends::::::::::::::
    SPALMA wrote:

I made a sign (just the size of a man's handkerchief) that said "PLAY IN FLORIDA".

At the end of the 2nd Lisbon concert they had the full lights up for the last three songs. It was by far the best concert I have ever seen - they were totally enjoying the crowd. I was on the first balcony Stone's side - right next to the stage. (the floor was on huge mosh pit of 10,000 + people).

We had front row mosh spots the first night but could only take 5 songs - it was awful. Second night we ended up with front row balcony seats.

When lights were full on I held my sign along the balcony (the people around me didn't even see it.) Ed took a break and came to our side and was just dancing and looking at the people.

When he realized what the sign said he threw his head back (as if to say Ahhhh!!! somewhat guilt-ily) spun around and waggled his head and shrugged his shoulders (as if to say "I don't know!?!)
    Then he danced around and gave me that look out of the side of his eyes with that devil grin.
    By then, I had my hands clenched and extended (beseechingly) and was saying "Pleeeeaaase??!". He threw his head back and laughed & waved.
    A few minutes later, he came back. By then I was just standing, clapping and yelling "Bravo, Bravo!" He smiled and I nodded at him and bowed my head a little and He did the same thing back to me!!!
    Then he waved again and he danced back to center stage to say goodbye with the rest of the guys- it really was the end of the show - I think a record breaker - just shy of 3 hours.

I was blown away. Ijust looked at my husband who was as shocked as I was. and he said, "It really happened!". It all happened so naturally and spontaneously- I really couldn't have planned it.

So I don't know what they plan about playing the South, but I do know he feels guilty (good!) and I got my two cents in! And it was the best concert yet.

AWESOME!!!!
  • Rider's Lounge on Hilton Head Island, S.C. would be nice.

I'd settle for Atlanta though...
    "I shit and I stink, I'm real, join the club."
  • Florida Loves Pearl Jam!! Please come play for us and our southern friends!!!???!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    SPALMA wrote:

Thanks for your divine efforts..........Glad that the trip went well........Please Play the South.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    great job spalma!! at least we know they saw your sign, even if we don't know if anyone is paying attention to our thread....

please, somebody, anybody, please tell us "no way" or stay "faithful"

a very short wishlist....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Keeping hope alive down here in F-L-A!!
  • Manually keeping this a sticky. Bump.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • I will not let down
    I will hold the candle till it burns up my arm.
    I'll keep telling them to play the South
    I'll keep taking punches until my will grows tired.
    I will keep this thread going
    I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind.
    I won't change direction and I won't change my mind:
    Please, Pearl Jam, PLAY THE SOUTH!!!

How much trouble does it take?
    how much wrong does it make?
    How much happiness...

I'll swallow poison until I grow immune.
    I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room:
    Please, Pearl Jam, PLAY THE SOUTH!!!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    SPALMA wrote:

Good girl!!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE PUT THIS ON A THREAD OF IT'S OWN!!!!!!!!!

I knew you would get done what you had planned!!!!! YES Please post it on the main thread!!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    I know Liz Burn saw it I e mailed it to hear a few weeks ago.By the way Evenflow is playing in Jacksonville on Oct 27th we shoulsd alll meet up there.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Will do. ams still high from it.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"