***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ...so I won't see anymore reference to playing the South in the message pit....and while you are at it, please give some serious thought to playing Alaska, too...

umm...thanks for the bump?

although this is what we here in the south might call a backhanded compliment...like: this doesn't taste bad for burnt toast, or, you don't sweat much for a fat chick....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    umm...thanks for the bump?

although this is what we here in the south might call a backhanded compliment...like: this doesn't taste bad for burnt toast, or, you don't sweat much for a fat chick....
    No disrespect intended...tongue planted firmly in cheek. Actually, i don't think it's fair that we here it Cali got seven shows recenlty (SD, 2 in LA, SB, 3 in SF) and so far nothing announced for the South. I think something (multiple nights?) for NO or close by would be cool...and Anchorage, I still got my fingers crossed for ya!!

Edit: Couldn't help but to google cackalacky, being a NorCal guy I never heard of it before...
    "Ok how many vomited on a stranger and are here tonight with them?....you can always turn a negative into a positive!!" - E.V., Gorge 2, 7/23/2006
  • cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    put me down, I'll go see them anywhere.
  • anywhere in Texas, it doesn't matter. hell, i don't care if it's in Texas or not, at least somewhere close enough that a poor college student can come and see the greatest band of all time. just come on down...

**signs**
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    BUMP!!!!!!!!

I hope the band is aware of the disappointment being expressed in the other threads right now.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    No disrespect intended...tongue planted firmly in cheek. Actually, i don't think it's fair that we here it Cali got seven shows recenlty (SD, 2 in LA, SB, 3 in SF) and so far nothing announced for the South. I think something (multiple nights?) for NO or close by would be cool...and Anchorage, I still got my fingers crossed for ya!!

Edit: Couldn't help but to google cackalacky, being a NorCal guy I never heard of it before...

hehe...none taken...shoulda put a winky face on my post....

thanks for the support!

ps...what the hell did you find when you googled cackalacky?

• bookworm30bookworm30 Posts: 186
    Please play the south. I will go. That is all for today.
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Call this a "vote for change."

a change in your itinerary.....please play the Southern US. I live in Michigan and I can promise (depending on the dates) that I will do everything possible to attend at least one.

If you're really into accommodating strangers, my spring break is the 3rd week in March and I will be going on a honeymoon during the second week of August.

Thanks for considering....
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    Keep this going. I've gone to Boston, Toronto, and the Gorge..surely people will come to Nashville, Atlanta, Dallas, Miami.

besides..wouldn't a benefit show in New Orleans for the Gulf Coast be nice? I'd go!
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Posts: 7,258
    I'd go to a Southern Show especially in the Spring when the weather is good.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    Does anyone remember how bad ass the Atlanta 94 boot is? We can do this!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    morning bump for the cause
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Bump! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    C'mon 10C, Tim, Kat, Sea......
    This has wrenched enough hearts don't you think?
    Tell us what's going on.........
    PJ NEEDS TO PLAY THE SOUTH - even if it's only small venues in 10 cities or so.......
    we've been FAITHFUL!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Drew263 wrote:
    Keep this going. I've gone to Boston, Toronto, and the Gorge..surely people will come to Nashville, Atlanta, Dallas, Miami.

besides..wouldn't a benefit show in New Orleans for the Gulf Coast be nice? I'd go!
    Wow.............you're ahead of me, yet I would not trade Halifax for those three shows.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • im going to sign this petition as well even though its doubtful ill make it to any shows
  • Drew263Drew263 Posts: 602
    tybird wrote:
    Wow.............you're ahead of me, yet I would not trade Halifax for those three shows.

that's the beauty of it...you can't trade whatever show you've been to for others imo....each are a personal experience.
  • Pretty please!
    When the big lie, hits your eyes.
  • come visit us in austin, we are needing some pj!
  • 2000 signed so far huh?

i guess they could play a 2000 seat theatre in the south somewheres ;)
  • and I'm ready to leave work for a week or two to drive around the South again for a few (?!) shows!!

Come on down!
    Perfect lefts come rolling in...loyal believer since '92
  • humanlighthumanlight Posts: 271
    Us fans are always lectured on how if we demand things enough we can change politics......so in the same spirit......we are demanding more Pearl Jam! Please!!!!!!
    "F**K you, I have laundry to do" -ed
    2000 signed so far huh?

i guess they could play a 2000 seat theatre in the south somewheres ;)
    The Alabama Theater here in Birmingham, Alabama seats 2200 for concerts.......beautiful old venue, dare I say majestic venue.....great for concersts, saw North Mississippi All-Stars/Drive-by Truckers there last year. I also caught Govenment Mule there.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    Please, Please, Please!! GA, SC, NC, TN and AL...count me in!!!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    humanlight wrote:
    Us fans are always lectured on how if we demand things enough we can change politics......so in the same spirit......we are demanding more Pearl Jam! Please!!!!!!

Yeah! Great point.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stinklestinkle Posts: 1
    /me signs

Play Phoenix
    stinkle wrote:
    /me signs

Play Phoenix
    Historically not considered the "south", but on a map it is in the southern half of the U.S....................I would be 10,000 times more interested in seeing a PJ show in Phoenix than I ever would in Boston..........blah
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    withstanding the slings and arrows, and still hopeful

lots of other pearl jam fans in other threads are really talking us down right now and i don't think it's fair. somebody please prove that ticket sales in the south were worse than anywhere else last tour...somebody please prove that all the northeast/west shows were sold out. they weren't.

somebody please make this a sticky.

somebody please tell us something.

anything.

please.

it's not fair

we love the band as much as anyone

i've paid my 10c dues since 1994, my wife since early 1995.

not fair to leave us in the dark this way

why?

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    We'll keep taking punches...........till their will grows tired!

Hopefully that'll be sometime around early 2007. Keep posting people until this thread requires its own zip code. Keep posting until it is dripping with so much southern love and hospitality that it gets all "sticky".
    Brian