Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Daily beggins' hear! FLORIDA loves Pearl Jam!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Sunday evening plea for some NEWS SOON that PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH........................!!!!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    pjalive21 wrote:
    AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEP YEP.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    GO to the head of the line.......................
    BUMP for the South!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    We will bump you up 1 more time
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Next please.......................
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    Keeping the faith.....
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Not good news from the Stone Gossard chat today. I hope they don't decide to just write us off completely. :(

Steven Garcia:
    Great 2006 Tour. I was wondering what we as Louisiana Residents can do to help the environment post-Katrina? And when will PJ come visit? We need you!!Rock On!!!
    Stone Gossard:
    We haven’t sold a lot of tickets in the South lately, so it’s been difficult to organize a tour that gets us there. My good friend at CI Michael Totten has informed me that we’ve lost half the mangroves in the world – these are nature’s fantastic way of protecting coastal environments from storm surges and hurricanes. Looking into wetlands and mangroves in New Orleans would be a great place to start in terms of that particular environment and the natural features that define.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Not good news from the Stone Gossard chat today. I hope they don't decide to just write us off completely. :(

Steven Garcia:
    Great 2006 Tour. I was wondering what we as Louisiana Residents can do to help the environment post-Katrina? And when will PJ come visit? We need you!!Rock On!!!
    Stone Gossard:
    We haven’t sold a lot of tickets in the South lately, so it’s been difficult to organize a tour that gets us there. My good friend at CI Michael Totten has informed me that we’ve lost half the mangroves in the world – these are nature’s fantastic way of protecting coastal environments from storm surges and hurricanes. Looking into wetlands and mangroves in New Orleans would be a great place to start in terms of that particular environment and the natural features that define.

Could be sad news...........but keep the faith...........:)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    Flagg wrote:

Steven Garcia:
    Stone Gossard:

yeah that pretty much answered some questions for the rest of the midwest and south, but i just dont get it because they either sell out or come close to selling out here everytime they come.....

play smaller venues with the rest of us then, i never realized that tickets didnt sell in the south...can any of you that live farther south than me verify this?

EDIT::: also with this new album commercially doing so well why cant they give it a shot anyway and maybe more people in the south jumped on board?
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    yeah that pretty much answered some questions for the rest of the midwest and south, but i just dont get it because they either sell out or come close to selling out here everytime they come.....

play smaller venues with the rest of us then, i never realized that tickets didnt sell in the south...can any of you that live farther south than me verify this?

EDIT::: also with this new album commercially doing so well why cant they give it a shot anyway and maybe more people in the south jumped on board?

I know. Its like they are basing it on the Riot Act tour numbers since that is all they have to go on. Yeah, some of the Riot Act southern shows didn't sell out. But hey, some of the northern shows on this tour didn't sell out either.

Play some smaller places then, like you said. Look at the California venues on this tour. Some were pretty small.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    In 2003, both the New Orleans and Birmingham shows were shifted to smaller venues after tickets went on sale to the public.
  • Options
    PLEASEEE!!!!!!!! OH PLEASE! END THE AGONY AND COME PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!!!!

FLORIDAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

I WANNA SEE AT LEAST 1 PEARL JAM SHOW BEFORE I DIE. THANK YOU...lol.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Flagg wrote:

Steven Garcia:
    Stone Gossard:

ouch
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    so why then didn't anybody say anything before and clue us all in that they weren't gonna come to the south on this tour? i know my ass would have traveled north had i known it was my only shot at seeing them for awhile.

fuckin bad news, i'm pissed
  • Options
    they'll play west palm and atlanta and dallas and that stuff at some point again, I wouldn't expect so many in smaller cities, bigger sheds though, I guess.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    Please come back to Florida. We love you down here.
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    I still Believe....Spring 06....
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...
  • Options
    I feel like this cause has been ignored for far too long.

We need to make a difference.
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Flagg wrote:

Steven Garcia:
    Stone Gossard:

I would love to see the actual #s. I know the crowd was big enough when they played here to justify a return. I get the impression from things Ive read on here, though, that there were venues that didn't sell well. Seems like a cop out statement to me though. If you dont sell well in certain areas of the South then dont plan as many shows. But you can't tell me there arent enough places that would draw good crowds to at least play some dates. I still think they will be back next year sometime, but the whole thing is frustrating. I would rather they tell us to "sell more tickets or go fuck ourselves" than not say anything.
    Brian
  • Options
    Bdog10 wrote:
    I still Believe....Spring 06....
    Don't you mean "Spring 07"??????????
  • Options
    AGAIN:

I would like to see my 1st Pearl Jam show SOON,lol
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!

WEST PALM BEACH 2-NIGHTER!!!

WAH!!!

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    I would love to see the actual #s. I know the crowd was big enough when they played here to justify a return. I get the impression from things Ive read on here, though, that there were venues that didn't sell well. Seems like a cop out statement to me though. If you dont sell well in certain areas of the South then dont plan as many shows. But you can't tell me there arent enough places that would draw good crowds to at least play some dates. I still think they will be back next year sometime, but the whole thing is frustrating. I would rather they tell us to "sell more tickets or go fuck ourselves" than not say anything.

Agree 100%
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Dollpartz wrote:
    so why then didn't anybody say anything before and clue us all in that they weren't gonna come to the south on this tour? i know my ass would have traveled north had i known it was my only shot at seeing them for awhile.

fuckin bad news, i'm pissed

right there with ya...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    I feel like this cause has been ignored for far too long.

We need to make a difference.

i'm not trying to make a difference
    i'll stop trying to make a difference
    no way

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    i'll stop trying to make a difference
    no way

I will scream my lungs out till it fills this room
    How much difference does it make?

HOPEFULLY AT LEAST SOME!
    Brian
  • Options
    therovertherover Posts: 88
    NCBRI wrote:

I agree. The '03 Raleigh show, I thought, was packed. Plenty of people on the grass and I don't remember seeing many empty seats under the shelter. For a band that doesn't care about the money, they sure are making a big deal about not selling enough tickets. That's not really fair to a huge group of people. Actually, its called being shit on.
  • Options
    BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    Flagg wrote:

Steven Garcia:
    Stone Gossard:

To me that means no south..Just a nicer way ossaying it I guess. In another thread someone mentioned we were reading to much into Stone's answer. Well heck that is pretty clear to me that they do not want to risk coming down here.

but what I do not understand is, if we get a southern states schedule, geesh, there will be a lot of people traveling from all over the US coming to these shows!

I don't want to lose faith, but after looking at the live chat and reading Stone's words..well it made my heart start breaking.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    therover wrote:
    I agree. The '03 Raleigh show, I thought, was packed. Plenty of people on the grass and I don't remember seeing many empty seats under the shelter. For a band that doesn't care about the money, they sure are making a big deal about not selling enough tickets. That's not really fair to a huge group of people. Actually, its called being shit on.

could no south tour=backlash??