Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Time for this thread to head to the front of the line. We're just going to keep posting so you may as well give in and tour the South in '07.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    G'night.....
    BUMP!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 475
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I think PJ should play 4 huge mini-festival open-field shows this fall in the south. Say one in Atlanta, Orlando, Dallas, and Phoenix. That way most of the southern population can make it in under a 5 hour drive.

Have Ben Harper and Built to Spill open so its a 5 hour show. It would be more unique than the run-of-the-mill arena shows and would attract people from all over.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    Good morning bump
  • Options
    bookworm30bookworm30 Posts: 186
    Good morning. And I'm officially asking for an Indiana and/or Kentucky show. Just one little show? Please.....
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    We will never let this thread die until we get some news!!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    cookie5798 wrote:
    We will never let this thread die until we get some news!!

hey hey, my my
    you know this thread will never die
    my my, hey hey
    maybe we'll hear some news today

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    I'm even putting MY JOB in jeopardy by posting on this thread all times of the day....
    GEEZ, have some pity on a poor working gal
    PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!
    (and announce it soon)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mnrhynermnrhyner Posts: 11
    hush puppies
    BBQ samwhiches
    sweet tea...

what else?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    BBQ ribs From Fat Matt's in Atlanta!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    mnrhyner wrote:
    hush puppies
    BBQ samwhiches
    sweet tea...

what else?
    All the various flavors of Moon Pies............RC Cola........Cheerwine.......Golden Eagle Table Syrup (an Alabama delight).........some people love Pecan Pies......a couple of sackfuls of Krystals...........a sack of Whataburgers.........some good homemade cornbread..........yummmmmmmmmm
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    artjamartjam Posts: 227
    tybird wrote:
    All the various flavors of Moon Pies............RC Cola........Cheerwine.......Golden Eagle Table Syrup (an Alabama delight).........some people love Pecan Pies......a couple of sackfuls of Krystals...........a sack of Whataburgers.........some good homemade cornbread..........yummmmmmmmmm

Dont forget the Cherry Lemon Sun-Drop!!!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    bump
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Please play the south, followed by a return to the Northeast . My remaining 8 shows will only take me to 27 this year. Gotta catch at least 40 for the tour. I got the fever and I got it BAD!
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    tybird wrote:

How about some Florida shrimp????? Stone Crabs???? and everyone's favorite: Southern Comfort! :)
    also: Bacardi Rum! (imported into Miami)
    (I live in Atlanta but I'm from Miami)
    What else has the south got to offer up for a gift to the guys????
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    artjam wrote:
    Dont forget the Cherry Lemon Sun-Drop!!!
    Cherry Lemon Sun-Drop????? have only had the regular Sun-Drop......sounds very interesting.

The seafood selections also sound excellant..........how about some fried sweet potato pies....yummmmm Captain's Wafers???? Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme pies??? Little Debbie Star Crunch Cakes????
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    Now I'm hungry!! And thirsty.........
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please play Florida!! Amazingly we have had NO hurricanes here yet because Mother Nature wants Pearl Jam to play Florida! PLEASE come to Florida! The air is warm the water is cool and your southern fans are badass!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    Palm trees, ocean breeze, and 2 nights in West Palm Beach please.
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    artjamartjam Posts: 227
    tybird wrote:
    Cherry Lemon Sun-Drop????? have only had the regular Sun-Drop......sounds very interesting.

The seafood selections also sound excellant..........how about some fried sweet potato pies....yummmmm Captain's Wafers???? Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme pies??? Little Debbie Star Crunch Cakes????

Its a very tasty beverage, maybe if we send the guys a case or two...?

I agree, star crunches are the bee's knee's!!
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    weenie wrote:
    How about some Florida shrimp????? Stone Crabs???? and everyone's favorite: Southern Comfort! :)
    also: Bacardi Rum! (imported into Miami)
    (I live in Atlanta but I'm from Miami)
    What else has the south got to offer up for a gift to the guys????

Tex-Mex and Margaritas!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I think I need a snack before bed now!
    Brian
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    I think I need a snack before bed now!

you're in chapel hill...hit mama dip's

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Please!!!
  • Options
    cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    gotta bring this back to the front to start the day
  • Options
    cassidp wrote:
    gotta bring this back to the front to start the day

THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHERE'S OUR STICKY.....?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    weenie wrote:
    THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WHERE'S OUR STICKY.....?

Word!! We definately deserve a sticky atleast, since we haven't heard the news yet. I think we can bump this with all the faithful jammers and keep it at the top anyways!
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    Bdog10Bdog10 Boca Posts: 471
    cookie5798 wrote:
    Word!! We definately deserve a sticky atleast, since we haven't heard the news yet. I think we can bump this with all the faithful jammers and keep it at the top anyways!

Amen to that...I mean Word!!
    "I want to go...but I don't want to go alone...With you I could never feel alone..."

Randall's Island 96 and haven't stopped since...