***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    Helo from Lisbon.

Our gist was explained gently at lunch today.

The petition is very noticed.

After the show, I will send us a fanview of these Northerners.

I think I understand ya. Feel free to let em know there is pie and punch for them if they decide to return to my neck of the woods.

More importanly...........enjoy the freaking show dude!

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    its hard when your stuck upon the shelf
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    I think I understand ya. Feel free to let em know there is pie and punch for them if they decide to return to my neck of the woods.

More importanly...........enjoy the freaking show dude!

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    its hard when your stuck upon the shelf
    mmmmmmmmmmmm......punch and pie.......or a cold RC Cola or Cheerwine if you behave.:D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Bump because Im leaving to diving in the morning and ?MAYBE? when I get back some news will have appeared? Just a hope. Florida needs some shows and news! All the south too!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Bump for punch and pie

mmm
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    lukin321 wrote:
    Bump for punch and pie

mmm

punch and pie... now those are two words that always look good next to each other....

unless u got punched, and someone stole your pie
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    The South yearning'ly Abides , you silly ninnys!
    intodeep wrote:
    classic.
    Was the big bold and free the free world wide suicide download?
    That would have been "Big, Bold and Free" about 4 years ago......bands like the Drive-by Truckers have given their fans, like me, a whole album's worth of free downloads within the last year. The South, brother!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    mmmmmmmmmmmm......punch and pie.......or a cold RC Cola or Cheerwine if you behave.:D

I was watching something on TV one night about Salisbury, NC where Cheerwine originated. They use the syrup for everything including on ice cream. Maybe Cheerwine Punch and Cheery Cherry Pie woulda been more aporopriate.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    we don't bite
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    I was watching something on TV one night about Salisbury, NC where Cheerwine originated. They use the syrup for everything including on ice cream. Maybe Cheerwine Punch and Cheery Cherry Pie woulda been more aporopriate.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    we don't bite
    That Cheerwine punch looked like such a winner.......Daystar had me print out the recipe.......yummy!!!!!

PLAY THE SOUTH
    we don't bite......but our bugs do. :(
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    back up you go!
    bump

hope everyone is well

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! ~John Muir

camping til monday-bye ya'll
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    The South.......the weather's not cool, but we are!!! :D
  • aggietomaggietom Posts: 26
    The south during the fall would be awesome.

I love October/November shows in Houston. It is cool, but not cold...Makes for a great evening at Cynthia Woods MP.
    back up you go!
    bump

hope everyone is well

How glorious a greeting the sun gives the mountains! ~John Muir

camping til monday-bye ya'll
    All is well, here.........have fun camping.

Play the Land of Cotton
    Bump for Florida and all my Southern friends!!! The Southern States 07' !!!??
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    The South.......we ain't goin' away...:D
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    holleroxx wrote:
    Bump for Florida and all my Southern friends!!! The Southern States 07' !!!??

From your post to PJ's ears..........PLAY THE SOUTH IN 07!!!!!!!!!
    Some of us are already old!
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    Come see the Long Leaf Pines.........play the South!!!!
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Page 3. Ouch
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    JTR wrote:
    Page 3. Ouch
    The fire's dying...let's re-kindle this biatch!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • austinsaustins Posts: 9
    No, the fans in the South are dying

Play the south
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    tybird wrote:
    The South.......we ain't goin' away...:D

so you may as well deal with us.....the sooner the better..........we were there to support you from the beginning.....and will continue to do so.........sooooo please show us some much needed love.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    For those seeing the boys in Europe: Hail, Hail the lucky ones!

PLAY THE SOUTH
    don't stop believing
    Brian
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    back from the beautiful Jocasee Gorges-hope ya'll are doing fine, i know i am

wow-what a great weekend-no cell phones, no tv, no music, just solo'in this beauty of land

damn im hummin-what nature can grant you if you accept.

I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in. ~John Muir, 1913
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    NCBRI wrote:

PLAY THE SOUTH
    don't stop believing
    Hail, Hail is right! Those guys are way lucky! We will get ours..........eventually. The south loves Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam needs to love us back. The South 07'!!
    JTR wrote:
    Page 3. Ouch
    You call this a concert review???? :mad: ;)
  • yermomyermom Posts: 9
    hey, does OK count as the South???

they came here 4 years ago... i'd settle for somewhere in Texas or Kansas even
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    NCBRI wrote:

PLAY THE SOUTH
    don't stop believing

my husband did.. called me and I listened to severed hand on the cell phone. I was in the process of getting kicked out of a "top shelf" restaurant in Key West with some girlfriends. lots fo fun all around. He is bringing home all the articles about the concert/reviews/festival/environmental issues and we are going to have a "translation party".

Portugal loves Pearl Jam and Pearl Jam loves Portugal too. I wish I were there.

playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    yermom wrote:
    hey, does OK count as the South???

they came here 4 years ago... i'd settle for somewhere in Texas or Kansas even
    Yes, and welcome to the thread. :)
  • wahinewahine Posts: 86
    Please Play the South!
    We LOVE Pearl Jam!

We are Jamily!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    what is cheerwine?

and play the south please?