***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    I don't know if they give a fig about us. Hubby was at Lisbon concert and there was a lot of rhetoric about how they hate to live in a country that is at war (who of us does?) and how they love the EU community and the progress on environmental fronts and how bad the US is.

can you spell e-x-p-a-t-r-i-o-t?? I sometimes wonder.

I am all for speaking out about our country -but at home...not when you are acting as ambassadors....and isn't that what they are doing? We are bashed enough over there.

I can't wait to read all the articles from that performance/festival.

playthesouth or at least acknowledgethefuckingsouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Over the past few months i've run into 2 pearl jam fans at bars. We started talking about music and we discovered we were pearl jam fans.

both that i met shared my frustration that the band would just not play anywhere within 500 miles of here.

It is disapointing.

By not touring they are just losing more fans making it more difficult to tour the area. I'm not saying if they ever play here again i won't go to a show becasue i know i will, but i used to toss pj and neil young around on who my favorite band of all time was. Now without a doubt it is Neil.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    intodeep wrote:
    Over the past few months i've run into 2 pearl jam fans at bars. We started talking about music and we discovered we were pearl jam fans.

both that i met shared my frustration that the band would just not play anywhere within 500 miles of here.

It is disapointing.

By not touring they are just losing more fans making it more difficult to tour the area. I'm not saying if they ever play here again i won't go to a show becasue i know i will, but i used to toss pj and neil young around on who my favorite band of all time was. Now without a doubt it is Neil.
    Come on Pearl Jam, be like Neil..........Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I haven't posted on this thread in forever...how is everyone. I hope JTR is right, here's to hope...is anyone doing lollapalooza?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    TheGossman wrote:
    I haven't posted on this thread in forever...how is everyone. I hope JTR is right, here's to hope...is anyone doing lollapalooza?

::::waves to an old friend::::::

:)

just come by here a couple times a week to look for signs of hope.

no festivals for me, i'm holding out for a dedicated PJ show! U?
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    Hello from beautiful Poland. 64 degrees F here and I have found a connection!

Nobody pounce on me and call me names and that shit PLEASE, but I heard a great source say earlier that the guys miss playing live and need a fall set of outlets.

Don't beat me up. Just the messenger. The energy here from the band is unusually focused and vibrant. They miss their own country-folk.

Quiet ... wait and listen.

:::Enter Seinfeld's Elaine:::

"GET OUT"

PLAY THE SOUTH
    serenity now
    Brian
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Dollpartz wrote:
    ::::waves to an old friend::::::

:)

just come by here a couple times a week to look for signs of hope.

no festivals for me, i'm holding out for a dedicated PJ show! U?

oh yea I'm going, PJ, MMJ, and Ben Harper, can't beat it!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Page 3 ain't working for me...

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
  • three years and counting...............
    tybird wrote:
    p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

new tactic? I like it.

playthesouth

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Play the South
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    OK I'm Back. I took a little break from this thread.Whats new? I know that there are no annoucements for the south yet.Still hoping for Fall.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    SPALMA wrote:
    new tactic? I like it.

playthesouth
    Thank you.......took Leathermandi's forward/backward idea and gave it a twist.

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    SPALMA wrote:
    I don't know if they give a fig about us. Hubby was at Lisbon concert and there was a lot of rhetoric about how they hate to live in a country that is at war (who of us does?) and how they love the EU community and the progress on environmental fronts and how bad the US is.

can you spell e-x-p-a-t-r-i-o-t?? I sometimes wonder.

I am all for speaking out about our country -but at home...not when you are acting as ambassadors....and isn't that what they are doing? We are bashed enough over there.

I can't wait to read all the articles from that performance/festival.

playthesouth or at least acknowledgethefuckingsouth

i think that i have just lost a lil hope...by reading this post...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    ok i am officially SICK to death of seeing things about Lolla.... i wish it would happen already so it can be done with.... LAME.

oh and yes...

play the muther fn south!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    stoneg wrote:
    OK I'm Back. I took a little break from this thread.Whats new? I know that there are no annoucements for the south yet.Still hoping for Fall.

hey, how's the family? sent you a PM, hope all is well.

oh, and play the south would ya?
    i maybe lost some hope from this one lil post...~

sorry, but I am sick of hearing how bad the US is... not that I am a flag waving conservative, but I have European family and that is all I hear about...

I just hope the boys don't come back with a Madonna-esque Brit accents and a castle each... seems to be the way of the celebs these days.

I just would like to hear the boys say something... anything, that shows that they are proud to be American - all they have to say is that we are OK.

Have heard a lot of South bashing too in these forums and that only makes it worse. The only official sound bites we had from the band are shrugged shoulders and rolled eyes and mumbled "ticket sales". I don't buy that at all.

For god's sake... stand up and fight for your beliefs. Don't go around repeating the media just to gain favor amongst the Euorpeans. That is so high school and so Hollywood. What has happened to these guys?

PLAYTHESOUTH and BEPROUDOFIT

SPALMA wrote:
    sorry, but I am sick of hearing how bad the US is... not that I am a flag waving conservative, but I have European family and that is all I hear about...

I just hope the boys don't come back with a Madonna-esque Brit accents and a castle each... seems to be the way of the celebs these days.

I just would like to hear the boys say something... anything, that shows that they are proud to be American - all they have to say is that we are OK.

Have heard a lot of South bashing too in these forums and that only makes it worse. The only official sound bites we had from the band are shrugged shoulders and rolled eyes and mumbled "ticket sales". I don't buy that at all.

For god's sake... stand up and fight for your beliefs. Don't go around repeating the media just to gain favor amongst the Euorpeans. That is so high school and so Hollywood. What has happened to these guys?

Yeah its kinda lame on their part....

I think that we as americans are very aware of the problems here and believe me, there are TONS of them but hey, if you continue to live here, its your own damn fault. Its great that pearl jam is trying to the country a better place(and is much appreciated) but i think bashing the place your trying to improve is a contradiction. Im sure all of the members from pearl jam can afford to move their shit somewhere else.... hell, if i had that kind of money, i probably wouldnt be here!

and yeah.... i dont know why everyone hates on the south so much.... there are douchebags and problems EVERY where you go.

Personally, i dont even care if pearl jam plays the south... i just miss the band that at least told me what was up and what was going on. I havent seen where the band said that it was the ticket sales that was keeping them from the south but if thats the truth..... well.... i must say im a little upset. They never had a problem selling tickets here in the past... so all i have to say is WTF? Im so tired of this even being an issue... its silly....

any who... heres to good times.... happiness, and good music...... :):):)
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    SPALMA wrote:

I've gone to a couple of concerts overseas....canada, brazil and switzerland...and can tell you everyone I spoke to thought we all loved bush and his policies......so I informed them that many of us hate this administrationa and those that support or supported it.......they're eyes just open.....like a light goes on. Soooo point being...maybe PJ is letting the world know that all don't support the current total BS thats going on. Course I'd have to listen to everyting that he's said to see if my take is correct. Anyway.......fkn play the south...you mo fo's...cause this beggin shit is getting freakin old........
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    was late...and was craving a cold beer so went to a hole in the wall joint clost to my house....well was a younger crowd and a half ass band was playing some current college song BS.....the crowd was 21 to 25 so was gonna slam and go.....well the singer was taking requests....and lo and behold there were some fellas up front that requested PJ....so the singer did a decent job of singing black and yellow ledbetter....did a good Eddie impression.....sounded okay......and lo and behold...there were many in the audience that sang along...wow..was floored. Just made me realize how I need to see PJ...fk fk fk fk fk fk...almost like a freakin drug.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    but i think bashing the place your trying to improve is a contradiction. Im sure all of the members from pearl jam can afford to move their shit somewhere else.... hell, if i had that kind of money, i probably wouldnt be here!
    any who... heres to good times.... happiness, and good music...... :):):)

I'd like to hear exactly what he's saying...would think he's not bashing the US......

even if you had the money....this is still the greatest country in the world...period.

and......like to make a toast for happiness and good music...and they are intertwined....least I think they aren't mutually exclusive.....

play the south damnit.....or tell us were we can go to see you fukers. Other than festival....
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    callen wrote:
    was late...and was craving a cold beer so went to a hole in the wall joint clost to my house....well was a younger crowd and a half ass band was playing some current college song BS.....the crowd was 21 to 25 so was gonna slam and go.....well the singer was taking requests....and lo and behold there were some fellas up front that requested PJ....so the singer did a decent job of singing black and yellow ledbetter....did a good Eddie impression.....sounded okay......and lo and behold...there were many in the audience that sang along...wow..was floored. Just made me realize how I need to see PJ...fk fk fk fk fk fk...almost like a freakin drug.

that is great. My friends were in a cover band and every time i showed up at their gig they always played a pearl jam song for me :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    callen wrote:
    I'd like to hear exactly what he's saying...would think he's not bashing the US......

even if you had the money....this is still the greatest country in the world...period.

and......like to make a toast for happiness and good music...and they are intertwined....least I think they aren't mutually exclusive.....

play the south damnit.....or tell us were we can go to see you fukers. Other than festival....

yeah, not saying that they/he did .. just as a what if :D

im telling you... u guys should just come to savannah for the meet up... who needs pearl jam when you have a beautiful city, great music, and awesome pot!
    yeah, not saying that they/he did .. just as a what if :D

im telling you... u guys should just come to savannah for the meet up... who needs pearl jam when you have a beautiful city, great music, and awesome pot!

Cool......

on the savanna thing....I'm in freakin Houston...bit of a distance...not that I don't want to...and after your orgasm thread (for which I can fully relate, PJ's only way I've been able to reach multiples) and like mindedness of natural stimulants...was reaaaaallly tempted.
    callen wrote:
    Cool......

on the savanna thing....I'm in freakin Houston...bit of a distance...not that I don't want to...and after your orgasm thread (for which I can fully relate, PJ's only way I've been able to reach multiples) and like mindedness of natural stimulants...was reaaaaallly tempted.

o wow, that is quite the hike!! Bummer you cant make it but im sure we will have other opportunities to meet up though ;)
    Looks like those going to the Venice show today are heartbroken:

Venice whirlwind injures 25, blows out Pearl Jam gig

PLAY THE SOUTH
    longitudes, latitudes, its so absurd
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    Looks like those going to the Venice show today are heartbroken:

Venice whirlwind injures 25, blows out Pearl Jam gig

PLAY THE SOUTH
    longitudes, latitudes, its so absurd
    Sort of like us, then, eh?

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
    tybird wrote:
    Sort of like us, then, eh?

p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

Yeah, but it wasn't Mother Nature that whacked us. ;)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    69 degrees and NOT windy here
    Brian
    callen wrote:

Not bashing, but more like pandering and certainly not showing ANY pride... just saying how he doesn't not like being at a country at war (not new - heard lots of this during the Viet Nam War), comparing the progress in Europe to stagnant, corrupt US gov't. We probably all agree with him... But what sort of activism is this?

FIne, Have these thoughts and feelings but do not broadcast them to 75,000 at a time. To what purpose? Popularity? Not the place or the time. Play music and save your rhetoric for concerts at home where it MIGHT make a difference.

I am anxious to get my hands on the Portuguese articles and see how they were portrayed in their media.

And fucking play the south.