***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    what is cheerwine?

and play the south please?
    A cherry-flavored soft drink bottled in North Carolina.....it is probably the soft drink on which Dr. Pepper based their ill-fated Dr. Pepper Red. Really good, that Cheerwine.

Come South and try it!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    tybird wrote:
    A cherry-flavored soft drink bottled in North Carolina.....it is probably the soft drink on which Dr. Pepper based their ill-fated Dr. Pepper Red. Really good, that Cheerwine.

Come South and try it!!!

Lol, excuse me Mr. Bird, but i'm even farther down south than you are! I'm so far down in the state of Florida, I have gigantic sandhill cranes roaming through my backyard. Scary looking things!

Thanks for the info!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And it just occurred to me that you were probably asking PEARL JAM to come South and try the Cheerwine!!!!

NOW I GET IT!!! OOPS, MY BAD!!! ;)
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Lol, excuse me Mr. Bird, but i'm even farther down south than you are! I'm so far down in the state of Florida, I have gigantic sandhill cranes roaming through my backyard. Scary looking things!

Thanks for the info!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And it just occurred to me that you were probably asking PEARL JAM to come South and try the Cheerwine!!!!

NOW I GET IT!!! OOPS, MY BAD!!! ;)
    Sandhill Cranes...............rock.........seriously rock!!!!!!

Yeah, I was asking PJ to come to the South, you're already here.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Play the south already.....

talking of sodas.......ever heard of Kickapoo Joy Juice???
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Play the south......soon.........Houston October 11th and 12th.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Next week i'm seeing wilco on tuesday and dinosaur jr on Wed.

Just two more examples of bands who find a way to make it to the south and don't have to worry about missing a morgage payment because they played Atlanta on their tour.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    callen wrote:

That's a new one on me, brother.

South
  • play the south!
    play the south!
    play the south!
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    callen wrote:

oMG!..those kickapoo joy juice commercials...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Play The Muther Fn South

Htuos Nf Rehtum Eht Yalp
  • he still standshe still stands Posts: 2,835
    Since I'm moving to Oklahoma City next month...

PLAY THE SOUTH (is OK considered the south?... or is it midwest? Technically it's a Great Plains state... either way, PLAY OKC!!!)
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • For the love of everybody

PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!

(so I can see more than 1 show for the price of going to Lolla between airfare and ticket)

AND ANNOUNCE IT THIS WEEK!!!
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    Play The Muther Fn South

Htuos Nf Rehtum Eht Yalp
    p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h

:D
  • what the hell is this doing on the 2nd page
    Raleigh '03; Hartford '08; Mansfield II '08; Buffalo '10; Hartford '10;
    East Troy I '11; East Troy II '11; DeLuna Fest '12; Wrigley '13; Buffalo '13;
    Toronto II '16; Wrigley I '16; Wrigley II '16; Wrigley I '18; Wrigley II '18;
    Asbury Park '21; MSG '22; Camden '22
    what the hell is this doing on the 2nd page
    Asleep? In Hiding??? Good to see back up front.
    p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    playthesouth
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    play the muther f'n South
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    callen wrote:

LOL...I haven't thought of that in years! My cousin used to bring it to me when he visited from Texas. Of course, it involved the liberal application of Bacardi to said Joy Juice, but a good time was had by all.

Play the South...make my day...and my budget...brighter!!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Htuos Nf Rehtum Eht Yalp

Need a "rearview mirror" to read that one. Sadly mine randomly became detached from my windshield today and I have to glue it back on.

In addition.......has everyone seen this Yellow Led better misheard lyrics video? If you haven't, then do yourself a favor and check it out. It's a riot.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    don't stop believing
    Brian
    p
    L
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

m
    u
    t
    h
    e
    r

f
    '
    n

S
    o
    u
    t
    h
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Hello from beautiful Poland. 64 degrees F here and I have found a connection!

Nobody pounce on me and call me names and that shit PLEASE, but I heard a great source say earlier that the guys miss playing live and need a fall set of outlets.

Don't beat me up. Just the messenger. The energy here from the band is unusually focused and vibrant. They miss their own country-folk.

Quiet ... wait and listen.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JTR wrote:

Nobody pounce on me and call me names and that shit PLEASE, but I heard a great source say earlier that the guys miss playing live and need a fall set of outlets.

Don't beat me up. Just the messenger. The energy here from the band is unusually focused and vibrant. They miss their own country-folk.

POUNCE!!! CLAWS OUT!!!!

nah, j/k

just too tired of the game to get my hopes up again, but if the boys in the band are ready, they need to COME BACK HOME AND ROCK THE SOUTH!
    JTR wrote:

playthesouth

• JTR wrote:

Here's to hope. :)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    JTR- thanks for the message bub...... i think we have all felt a little "disconnected" to the band and thats the first thing ive seen that has been "pearl jam like"

not that we've been mad , just , disconnected! :)

(and here,here to hope)
    Hope...may it forever flower and bloom.......:):):)....see, I have been a lot of botany this summer. :D
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    trying not to get my hopes up...
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    JTR- thanks for the message bub...... i think we have all felt a little "disconnected" to the band and thats the first thing ive seen that has been "pearl jam like"

(and here,here to hope)

Yes, thanks to JTR for the hope! I, however, have been MAD and I don't think I'm the only one.........here's to being "reconnected".......and SOON IN THE SOUTH!!! Fall would be the absolute BEST time.

PLAY THE SOUTH! FALL 2007!!!

Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10

(and here,here to hope)

yes, mad AND disconnected

playthesouth

SPALMA wrote:
    yes, mad AND disconnected

playthesouth
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:......yes, that would be us.