***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    NCBRI wrote:
    No emoticons in here! And as is now customary. If you aren't using IE then this probably looks like a bunch of garbage on the screen. I'm not insane. Well, that's debatable, but for the sake of argument there is no paper that says I am.

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

Brilliant!
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    tybird wrote:
    Play the South.......home of big bugs and bigger spiders...especially deep in the woods beyond all them dang banjo pickers....plants, plants and more plants...:p

Freakin Southern Texas spider bit me last sunday...just now stoped oozing puss.....

Play the south already....fk..we need it...
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    callen wrote:
    Freakin Southern Texas spider bit me last sunday...just now stoped oozing puss.....

Play the south already....fk..we need it...
    Bad news, eh......got nailed by a couple of mosquitoes after hours when we were chillin' at the camp site, actually a FEMA trailer set up at a national forest camp site.

Maybe the bugs are keepin' PJ away???? :(:p:p:( (missing man formation)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NCBRI wrote:
    No emoticons in here! And as is now customary. If you aren't using IE then this probably looks like a bunch of garbage on the screen. I'm not insane. Well, that's debatable, but for the sake of argument there is no paper that says I am.

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

Brian is cool
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Brian is cool
    dwight was the assistant to the assistant regional manager??

Play the south gentlemen......
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Speaking of Spiders, On Wednesday while moving things out in the yard getting ready for my son's 5th Birthday party I grabbed one of their little picnic tables and put my hand in a thick web. Of course I yanked my hand back and flipped the table over to see what I had stuck my hand in. Well what do youknow but there sat a large black widow sitting right on a marble sized sac of eggs. Damn it scared me just looking at it. Well I was lucky and was not bit. I then proceeded to get some spider spray and spray the wholly F*#K out of that spider and its' egg. I did feel somewhat sorry for killing the black widow and and its babies, but all I could think of was hundreds of little black widows running around. We have a ton of them out where I live so I should have known better. Never stick your hands on the underside of something without looking first.

Missed reading what all yall have had to say recently. Been busy following my tornado chaser buddies, working, being a dad and husband and all that fun stuff. Listening to Pearl Jam right now on itunes and it just jumped to Inside Job, one of my favorites.

Love, peace and rock and roll to you all.

Pearl Jam we need you down here in Texass and the rest of the south.

No more war!!!!
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • randy5554randy5554 Posts: 6
    Come on down to Birmingham, Alabama!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Speaking of Spiders, On Wednesday while moving things out in the yard getting ready for my son's 5th Birthday party I grabbed one of their little picnic tables and put my hand in a thick web. Of course I yanked my hand back and flipped the table over to see what I had stuck my hand in. Well what do youknow but there sat a large black widow sitting right on a marble sized sac of eggs. Damn it scared me just looking at it. Well I was lucky and was not bit. I then proceeded to get some spider spray and spray the wholly F*#K out of that spider and its' egg. I did feel somewhat sorry for killing the black widow and and its babies, but all I could think of was hundreds of little black widows running around. We have a ton of them out where I live so I should have known better. Never stick your hands on the underside of something without looking first.

Missed reading what all yall have had to say recently. Been busy following my tornado chaser buddies, working, being a dad and husband and all that fun stuff. Listening to Pearl Jam right now on itunes and it just jumped to Inside Job, one of my favorites.

No more war!!!!

Texass rocks.
    Make love, not war.
    Pearl Jam should play the South.
    Shit.

:):):):):) : )
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    callen wrote:
    dwight was the assistant to the assistant regional manager??

Play the south gentlemen......

i don't know man, i'm just telling you what it says on his business card, but i believe he is actually assistant TO the regional manager ;)

if you haven't been to the nbc.com website and checked out dwight's blog or creed thoughts, you just don't know what you're missing, really good stuff

....and uh, play the south, yea?

No more war!!!!
    Yeah....the web of the Black Widow is quite a bit stronger than that of the average spider found in N.A. Maybe Pearl Jam is afraid of our spiders and our bugs???

Found a Ruby-throated Hummingbird nest in the woods of my Great-uncle's place......cool, cool stuff......come visit us sometime in the future, Pearl Jam.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    ... Maybe Pearl Jam is afraid of our spiders and our bugs???

Pussies.

Make love, not war.

Play the South

• NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    The Spider and the Fly
    by Mary Howitt

Said the cunning Spider to the Fly, 'Dear friend, what can I do,
    To prove the warm affection I've always felt for you?

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    Brian
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    randy5554 wrote:
    Come on down to Birmingham, Alabama!

Hi! Another fan from Birmingham....the black hole of Calcutta when it comes to concert tours!!!

What part of town do you live in?
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    :(:(:(:(
  • presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    bump, for pete's sake, bump.

the south.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    bump, for pete's sake, bump.

the south.

ditto

Boris The Spider
    by: The Who

Look, he's crawling up my wall
    Black and hairy, very small
    Now he's up above my head
    Hanging by a little thread

Boris the spider
    Boris the spider

Now he's dropped on to the floor
    Heading for the bedroom door
    Maybe he's as scared as me
    Where's he gone now, I can't see

Boris the spider
    Boris the spider

Creepy, crawly
    Creepy, crawly
    Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly

There he is wrapped in a ball
    Doesn't seem to move at all
    Perhaps he's dead, I'll just make sure
    Pick this book up off the floor

Boris the spider
    Boris the spider

Creepy, crawly
    Creepy, crawly

He's come to a sticky end
    Don't think he will ever mend
    Never more will he crawl 'round
    He's embedded in the ground

Boris the spider
    Boris the spider

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM

[[[[[[[[[
    THE SJUTH Y PEARL JAM
    Brian
  • tenfantenfan Posts: 1
    WARNING....I RAMBLE....ESPECIALLY since morning coffee and smallest one sleeping right now....

responding to the come to the south post....yes WE down south LOOOOOVE Pearl Jam, actually if you don't like Pearl Jam, you must not be a music lover. I go way back, old fan original...ten fan....actually I just have bad luck b/c I went to lollapoluza in Charlotte 1992 and finally got in the door just as Pearl Jam was leaving the stage and that was the main reason I was going, well both to see PJ and Red Hot Chili Peppers...it was packed, anyway I was very upset that I didn't get to see Pearl Jam then holy cow that was almost 15 years ago...woah...anyway then they played in Charlotte at the Memorial Stadium I think that was 1994 or 1995 maybe even 96 but I think it was 95...well of course sold out in no time and I remember sitting just outside the stadium on the curb along with a lot of other fans listening and wishing we were in there~ finally they opened the gates as the last 2 or 3 songs were playing and let me tell you we ran like crazy and just that short time span watching Pearl Jam perform was just awesome! Then....I don't think or recall if they have come this way since until Asheville 2004? which I was going to go and wanted to so bad but couldn't make it....anyway.....there with ya....I WILL go and find a way to go this time if y'all (hope you're reading this one Pearl Jam) come south....well....a/l/a it's somewhere close to Charlotte....like Asheville, Greenville, SC, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Raleigh, Greensboro, etc....come on.....dying to see y'all play again just can't get out of town spur of the moment w/ kids, hubby, etc, this is why I joined the ten club was so I could keep up on this and I too wanted to petition to get them here again.

love,
    tenfan
    tenfan wrote:
    WARNING....I RAMBLE....ESPECIALLY since morning coffee and smallest one sleeping right now....

responding to the come to the south post....yes WE down south LOOOOOVE Pearl Jam, actually if you don't like Pearl Jam, you must not be a music lover. I go way back, old fan original...ten fan....actually I just have bad luck b/c I went to lollapoluza in Charlotte 1992 and finally got in the door just as Pearl Jam was leaving the stage and that was the main reason I was going, well both to see PJ and Red Hot Chili Peppers...it was packed, anyway I was very upset that I didn't get to see Pearl Jam then holy cow that was almost 15 years ago...woah...anyway then they played in Charlotte at the Memorial Stadium I think that was 1994 or 1995 maybe even 96 but I think it was 95...well of course sold out in no time and I remember sitting just outside the stadium on the curb along with a lot of other fans listening and wishing we were in there~ finally they opened the gates as the last 2 or 3 songs were playing and let me tell you we ran like crazy and just that short time span watching Pearl Jam perform was just awesome! Then....I don't think or recall if they have come this way since until Asheville 2004? which I was going to go and wanted to so bad but couldn't make it....anyway.....there with ya....I WILL go and find a way to go this time if y'all (hope you're reading this one Pearl Jam) come south....well....a/l/a it's somewhere close to Charlotte....like Asheville, Greenville, SC, Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Raleigh, Greensboro, etc....come on.....dying to see y'all play again just can't get out of town spur of the moment w/ kids, hubby, etc, this is why I joined the ten club was so I could keep up on this and I too wanted to petition to get them here again.

love,
    tenfan

Welcome to the movement. There is pie and punch on the table. Just be carefull how many :) or :( etc you use in a post. Big Brother is watching.

Too bad you missed the Asheville show. It was amazing.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    viva the south
    Brian
    tenfan wrote:

love,
    tenfan

awesome first post.

five :):):):):) against 1 : )

• Flown AwayFlown Away Posts: 16
    tenfan wrote:

love,
    tenfan

I have been watching this thread since it started.

Play anywhere in the South and I will come!
  • tenfan wrote:

love,
    tenfan

:)
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
    Pearl Jam, Come on down..............down South that is........
    playthesouthbump

five :):):):):) against 1 : )

• electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    another bump for pj going down to play for the S:)UTH...~
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

:):):):):)AGAINST J

If Michael Crichton (and maybe some guy named Darwin) taught me anything it is that if you try to kill off a species, it usually learns to adapt and survive.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    its evolution baby
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    : ) : ) : ) : ) : ) AGAINST

If Michael Crichton (and maybe some guy named Darwin) taught me anything it is that if you try to kill off a species, it usually learns to adapt and survive.

PLAY THE SOUTH
    its evolution baby

you got that right, honey.

:):):):):) against J

playthesouth

• JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Animals , Animals, Animals, Animals, Animals

Animals
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    Hi, all....bumping for Tybird, who is again out in the woods providing nourishment to the mosquitos and ticks of lower Alabama...in the name of biological reseach...living in his FEMA trailer...out of cell phone range....

Play the South!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    gentlemen...please....we need some jam. This year......September would be good....I thank you in advance.