***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    lukin321 wrote:
    Yea I don't buy the "we can't make money in the South" excuse. It's just not the case. I guess we're just not high priority down here.

they did as many shows as their bodies could handle....unfortunately we didn't get any of them.....I doubt they'll do another vote for change tour...the idiot is ending his term...and the American people are just a wee bit wiser...but I do have this vibe that they will come see us......if not...we will have to travel...I will. Just watched shows posted from Arnheim Holland....great stuff if you haven't already looked.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    callen wrote:
    they did as many shows as their bodies could handle....unfortunately we didn't get any of them.....I doubt they'll do another vote for change tour...the idiot is ending his term...and the American people are just a wee bit wiser...but I do have this vibe that they will come see us......if not...we will have to travel...I will. Just watched shows posted from Arnheim Holland....great stuff if you haven't already looked.

Haven't checked it out yet, but I will when I get home. I just hope they do a warm up show or benefit sometime because i'm not too keen on going to Lolla
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • daystar143daystar143 Posts: 367
    :)

Something to smile about...Happy Anniversary (tomorrow), Ty!

Hehehehe,
    Day
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    :):) Happy Anniversary you guys. :):)

:)5 emoticon limit

Play the south and talk to us.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • We need Pearl Jam in the Carribbean................... if not play the south.. please!
    a WAVE came crashing like a fist to the jaw !
    WPB 03,Tampa 03,Camden 03,MSG1 03,Kissimmee 04,Lollapalooza 07, WPB 08,Tampa 08,Chicago 2009 (night 1 & 2), MSG 1 & 2 May 2010. PJ20 Sept 3 & 4 2011, Midtown Festival Sept 2012, Brooklyn Oct 18 & 19 2013, Ft Lauderdale 2016 and Miami 2016, Brooklyn, NY 2017
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    tybird wrote:
    I noticed you posting in the Lost: Season III thread over on the AET
    :(:mad: :mad: :(

Gotcha dude.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    and the abiding drove us mad
    Brian
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Yeah I hope there is a Seattle Benefit show at like Key arena or Beneroya Hall again this year, cause if there is I am going. I have always wanted to go to Seattle, but I can't go to Seattle without seeing a Pearl jam show there.

Another thing that really bums me about no south dates (and this may sound stupid) but some of the members have relatives in the south. It's just kind of weird not to play in areas where you have family after you have done it the previous years. I wonder if the South would have gotten some dates had the band still been on Epic Records. It's just strange how the tour fell into place on the new record company. I'm not bashing anyone or anything just saying and making a simple observation.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Still hopeful. Bump for the South!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    well ...... i think its safe to say that its gonna take more than donuts and trees to make this thing happen...

anybody have anymore ideas?

gonna be tuff to figure out something better than trees and donuts though, so i dunno :D
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    red mos wrote:
    I just thought of something.
    We all know they are gonna play the south, but what if they are saving Texas and other places skipped for like a 10- 20 date Vote for change tour in 2008? I really think this is what they might do, assuming that Lolla is really the only U.S. tour date, but then again this tour has been announced so strange nowadays. Anyways, Pj please play the South.

I loved the vote for change thing and all but...

would be nice to just get some good ol fashioned pj shows... at all
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i will sign this fucking thing again

play the south you fucking pussies!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    :(:(:(:(
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • my2hands wrote:

That is some amusing ass shit.
    Go see The Avett Brothers!!
  • electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,460
    pearl jam is welcome down to play south florida if they ever decide too, again...~

<3<3<3 pj

"Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

SPALMA wrote:
    :):) Happy Anniversary you guys. :):)

:)5 emoticon limit

Play the south and talk to us.
    Thank you, dearie.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    my2hands wrote:

Yeah, what he/she said.........!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    well ...... i think its safe to say that its gonna take more than donuts and trees to make this thing happen...

anybody have anymore ideas?

gonna be tuff to figure out something better than trees and donuts though, so i dunno :D
    It looks like they are only interested in the size of our checkbooks. :(
    bump

• JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Woa horse. Almost third page bump.
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Please play the South. Bump Bump Bump
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    We'll leave the light on, but it's not our fault if it's burned out by the time we see you boys again. Light bulbs only last so long. (insert Geico Caveman look of disgust emoticon here)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    We'll leave the light on, but it's not our fault if it's burned out by the time we see you boys again. Light bulbs only last so long. (insert Geico Caveman look of disgust emoticon here)

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Even the new energy-saving light bulbs give out after seven or eight years......:(:(:(:(
    good morning bump.

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Good morning everyone
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    red mos wrote:
    Yeah I hope there is a Seattle Benefit show at like Key arena or Beneroya Hall again this year, cause if there is I am going. I have always wanted to go to Seattle, but I can't go to Seattle without seeing a Pearl jam show there.

Another thing that really bums me about no south dates (and this may sound stupid) but some of the members have relatives in the south. It's just kind of weird not to play in areas where you have family after you have done it the previous years. I wonder if the South would have gotten some dates had the band still been on Epic Records. It's just strange how the tour fell into place on the new record company. I'm not bashing anyone or anything just saying and making a simple observation.

Also feel the new label pushed them to tour the way they did...and really you can't blame them.....I mean.....look at it this way...when PJ and what ever their name is negotiated the deal...they both gave concessions...and one was to expose the Avacodo as much as possible...hence the trips to Europe..makes sense..yes we lost out...but they will "come back" they have to. As for Seattle show....I'm there if it happens...one way or another..and to all my southern brothers and sisters....you have to beg, steal, pawn...what ever...to make it.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Bumping for Tybird, who is out doing endangered species research and simultaneously providing nourishment for an entire multigenerational family of mosquitos.

And bumping in honor of our daughter, who graduated from High School on Sunday with High Honors!!!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    congrats on your daughter's graduation!!!!

play the south

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    daystar143 wrote:
    Bumping for Tybird, who is out doing endangered species research and simultaneously providing nourishment for an entire multigenerational family of mosquitos.

And bumping in honor of our daughter, who graduated from High School on Sunday with High Honors!!!

Nice congrats. :)

My brother graduates HS on friday with low honors. as in he just found out last week for sure he woudl graduate..... he is such a slacker.

I wish i coudl take him to a local pj show this summer for his graduation.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Nice congrats. :)

My brother graduates HS on friday with low honors. as in he just found out last week for sure he woudl graduate..... he is such a slacker.

I wish i coudl take him to a local pj show this summer for his graduation.

We had more than one member of the class of 2007 who was taking a final exam on Friday in hopes of a 60 so he or she could walk on Sunday! My class was the same way, and of course, the slackers are now the rich ones!!!!

A pj show in the south for a graduation gift would be wonderful...hint...hint....
    The Daystar

SPALMA wrote:
    congrats on your daughter's graduation!!!!

play the south

Thank you! Don't you have a son graduating this year, too?
    The Daystar