***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    NCBRI wrote:
    Thank God its Friday! Today's brilliant thread of the day will undoubtedly be the "Official Please drive from the South to the North" thread. I love it when we annoy the fuck out of losers like the person who started that one. Why is it so hard for someone to get it? Nothing but love coming from this thread. All we are saying is that we love this band and we hope they play somewhere down in our neck of the woods the next time they tour the US. That's all! Why is that so bizarre? You would think PJ had never played The South the way some of those simple minded thread starters think/post. The truth is, prior to 2006, there is no precedent for them skipping large sections of the country, much less them skipping them without letting anyone know. A lot of people do travel long distances to see shows. I'm probably in the minority. The farthest I have ever traveled is about 5 hours, but many people down here have been just about everywhere the band has ever played
    I know I shouldn't get pissed off at the trolling wastes of space who start threads like that, but its just so ignorant. How could any fan of this band not have a strong desire for everyone to be able to see them do what they do best, perform? Dude, their music and their live shows are something that should be shared and enjoyed by all. Hell, I wish they would go right to the house of the fucker who started that thread and play in his/her living room. How someone could be such a dick, I will not understand. You would think the MANY people who have posted in this thread are jumping out of the computer screen screaming "PLAY THE SOUTH" repeatedly at the people who start those negative threads. What are we doing to annoy them? Posting on a message board?
    Excuse the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest. Kinda sums up my disappointment in what is a very vocal but small minority of PJ fans. This post won't do anything to stop that. There will still be the requisite 5 new threads a day with the idiotic, uninformed, stereotype laced monologues. While I will never lose faith in this band, I am starting to lose faith in some of the fan base.

Sorry! Just needed to vent for a bit. I feel much better now. You guys should try it! It's a good cleansing mental exercise. :) And damnit, where are those bat wings?

PLAY THE SOUTH
    PLAY "GUAMY'S" LIVING ROOM

Cmon NCBRI - you're a smart guy. I'm sure you realize by this time in your life that there are people out there who have big problems - mentally, emotionally and psychologically. They do that shit just to try to get under people's skin. It gives them some kind of cheap thrill because they're such fucking unhappy people. They're buttholes, they're ignorant and for the most part they're to be pitied. Hard to believe that people like that could be Pearl Jam fans but there's no rule that says you have to have your shit together to enjoy good music. Hell, you know that. As much as I hate to admit it, and if you think about it you know it's true, I have seen big time assholes at PJ shows. Proportionately fewer mind you, but assholes just the same.

Have a great Friday everybody...
    and PJ
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    Cmon NCBRI - you're a smart guy. I'm sure you realize by this time in your life that there are people out there who have big problems - mentally, emotionally and psychologically. They do that shit just to try to get under people's skin. It gives them some kind of cheap thrill because they're such fucking unhappy people. They're buttholes, they're ignorant and for the most part they're to be pitied. Hard to believe that people like that could be Pearl Jam fans but there's no rule that says you have to have your shit together to enjoy good music. Hell, you know that. As much as I hate to admit it, and if you think about it you know it's true, I have seen big time assholes at PJ shows. Proportionately fewer mind you, but assholes just the same.

Have a great Friday everybody...
    and PJ
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

True weenie. It would be nice to think that we have that nice little slice of utopia and that all PJ fans are like us... but sadly that is far from true.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    JTR wrote:
    Yes, I'm hurtin' on the "official" tour news. Really is bothering me. As if there is a problem.

Not trying to string out the Bat Wings answer, but I think someone can get the answer in the next few hours. I have and will try to pose trivia questions that are not easily Googled, but I thought someone on this thread would surely know whose hands the wings ended up in.

Faithfull.
    Robert Plant? (WIld shot in the dark)

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good Morning Splama I am taking the wife for a MRI today.She is really hurting today.Hope you have a better day at work today.I did not see an answers to the bat wings from JTR let only an tour news.Hey weenie how is the T-Shirt thing coming?I hope I get my single today.At least that will make me a little happy.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    Good Morning Splama I am taking the wife for a MRI today.She is really hurting today.Hope you have a better day at work today.I did not see an answers to the bat wings from JTR let only an tour news.Hey weenie how is the T-Shirt thing coming?I hope I get my single today.At least that will make me a little happy.

Hoping the best for you and your wife... it is tough when you (or your mate) are hurting...
    take things slow.

today I have a lunch meeting, then appt afterwards (business taxes,insurance planning - yuch!) so today should go pretty fast. and then it is the WEEKEND!!

• acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    n
    o
    w
    !
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    NCBRI wrote:
    Thank God its Friday! Today's brilliant thread of the day will undoubtedly be the "Official Please drive from the South to the North" thread. I love it when we annoy the fuck out of losers like the person who started that one. Why is it so hard for someone to get it? Nothing but love coming from this thread. All we are saying is that we love this band and we hope they play somewhere down in our neck of the woods the next time they tour the US. That's all! Why is that so bizarre? You would think PJ had never played The South the way some of those simple minded thread starters think/post. The truth is, prior to 2006, there is no precedent for them skipping large sections of the country, much less them skipping them without letting anyone know. A lot of people do travel long distances to see shows. I'm probably in the minority. The farthest I have ever traveled is about 5 hours, but many people down here have been just about everywhere the band has ever played
    I know I shouldn't get pissed off at the trolling wastes of space who start threads like that, but its just so ignorant. How could any fan of this band not have a strong desire for everyone to be able to see them do what they do best, perform? Dude, their music and their live shows are something that should be shared and enjoyed by all. Hell, I wish they would go right to the house of the fucker who started that thread and play in his/her living room. How someone could be such a dick, I will not understand. You would think the MANY people who have posted in this thread are jumping out of the computer screen screaming "PLAY THE SOUTH" repeatedly at the people who start those negative threads. What are we doing to annoy them? Posting on a message board?
    Excuse the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest. Kinda sums up my disappointment in what is a very vocal but small minority of PJ fans. This post won't do anything to stop that. There will still be the requisite 5 new threads a day with the idiotic, uninformed, stereotype laced monologues. While I will never lose faith in this band, I am starting to lose faith in some of the fan base.

Sorry! Just needed to vent for a bit. I feel much better now. You guys should try it! It's a good cleansing mental exercise. :) And damnit, where are those bat wings?

PLAY THE SOUTH
    PLAY "GUAMY'S" LIVING ROOM

Being from the North, I'm not sure why anyone would get upset about a thread like this. I'm happy when pearl jam plays anywhere in the US because it means there is a chance I'll get to see a show. I think you guys are due for some shows and I'd love to travel and see a few. So............

Play the South!

Hoping for some good news from JTR today :) (and an answer about the bat wings)
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    Hoping the best for you and your wife... it is tough when you (or your mate) are hurting...
    take things slow.

today I have a lunch meeting, then appt afterwards (business taxes,insurance planning - yuch!) so today should go pretty fast. and then it is the WEEKEND!!
    Thanks.I am sure she well be feeling better soon.I hope you have a great day and I will talk to you later. I am off to the hospital.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Did Yoda really say that??????????

Don't get the wrong impression. I fully expect and have been assured that everything will work out as planned. It is just taking too damn long.

BAT WINGS, BAT WINGS, BAT WINGS.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    hi there ~ i woke up with the mother of all headaches today, couldnt even make it out the door to the gym, which i honestly do enjoy, so 8 hours on this computer with my head pounding and my neck aching should just be an effen treat!

that being said, i'm obviously not 100% over here, and maybe that explains my overall shit attitude and feeling of extreme disappointment that we are still waiting for an answer and still obviously causing a huge problem for random people on the board simply by keeping our peaceful movement going in this single orderly thread over here on the porch. i agree with ncbri, it gets under my skin sometimes that other people have such a problem with us, even though i know it truly isn't worth it and they are insignificant in the overall big picture.

we didn't come here to piss anyone off, we just want our pearl jam like the rest of you, so if our thread bothers you, then just stay out of it, go around it, ignore it, whatever it takes. i think i speak for the group (or at least the majority) when i say that we're not going anywhere just yet.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    It's Friday, there is good basketball on all weekend and I leave for vacation in one week. I know that last one doesn't do anything for anyone else but lets all have a good weekend.

Please Play the South
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Wings.................Were they dionated to the House of Blues

Play the South

Peace
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    JTR wrote:
    Did Yoda really say that??????????

Don't get the wrong impression. I fully expect and have been assured that everything will work out as planned. It is just taking too damn long.

BAT WINGS, BAT WINGS, BAT WINGS.

Awwww, now you're just rubbing it in :)

I am out of resources, IF I don't flat out know the answer I check the threads, twofeetthick, google articles and finally emailed 10c (well they did say "info" email address). Being "older" (and I am not complaining), I have no friends (other than here) to call that know the slightest thing about Pearl Jam and my few brain cells that are still intact are not coming up with any more ideas. Soooo... I wait.

Uhh, is PJokieFan right? If so, why would they give it to them?

• KatKat Posts: 4,840
    Has this thread stopped being a petition thread now? If that's the case, and it appears that it is, it's time to move onto other threads or PMs for various personal discussions. Thanks for cooperating.
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Oops...just please play the south nothing else....I guess
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    yes, ma'am....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

(was that a reprimand?)

SPALMA wrote:
    yes, ma'am....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

(was that a reprimand?)
    I think so....I have been guilty of getting off topic...didn't know it was that important...seeing that it is I will chill.

Play the South this year please

peace
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    i'm still petitioning for a show and that is all.
    I think so....I have been guilty of getting off topic...didn't know it was that important...seeing that it is I will chill.

Play the South this year please

peace

I thought it was a damn nice mix of both, petition and interaction. Not much different that other petition threads on here. A year is a long time, but if all we can say is,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

the, that is what I will say. :)
    Oh, I'll add, PLEASE!

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    hi there ~ i woke up with the mother of all headaches today, couldnt even make it out the door to the gym, which i honestly do enjoy, so 8 hours on this computer with my head pounding and my neck aching should just be an effen treat!

that being said, i'm obviously not 100% over here, and maybe that explains my overall shit attitude and feeling of extreme disappointment that we are still waiting for an answer and still obviously causing a huge problem for random people on the board simply by keeping our peaceful movement going in this single orderly thread over here on the porch. i agree with ncbri, it gets under my skin sometimes that other people have such a problem with us, even though i know it truly isn't worth it and they are insignificant in the overall big picture.

we didn't come here to piss anyone off, we just want our pearl jam like the rest of you, so if our thread bothers you, then just stay out of it, go around it, ignore it, whatever it takes. i think i speak for the group (or at least the majority) when i say that we're not going anywhere just yet.

in general PJ fans are special..they have to be....appreciate really good music....but as in any group there are some turds......I assure you...most northern fans wish us well. We've had examples of northerners coming on here and sending their support. Do hope your head ache goes away....drink some caffiene..that will do it...
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    With confused look on face

Please play the South.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    With confused look on face

Please play the South.

equally confused.

Please Play the South
    callen wrote:
    in general PJ fans are special..they have to be....appreciate really good music....but as in any group there are some turds......I assure you...most northern fans wish us well. We've had examples of northerners coming on here and sending their support. Do hope your head ache goes away....drink some caffiene..that will do it...
    just hit 1000 posts.....awwwww..but I'm no longer a "Soldier of Love"...really liked that title....oh well it was for the cause.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    Dollpartz wrote:
    equally confused.

Please Play the South

?????????
    Dollpartz wrote:
    equally confused.

Please Play the South

I believe we have been censored.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ...Please.

callen wrote:

thank you!

Please Play the South!
  • debzilladebzilla Posts: 38
    PLease play somewhere in the south!!!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    Play the South!

nice to see that Kat is following the thread :)
    So Kat are we just allowed to peitition? No other fun stuff? I was hoping to get some kind of response on my Stop the War/Peace rally when Pearl jam plays Dallas next, post from last night?

You can not petition the lord with Prayer (Doors reference)

Peace

Play the South....Please
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas