***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    weenie wrote:
    19 - oh yeah, well...... but it's nice to look and mentally drool...

HOO RAY for getting your bonus!! Yeah, celebrate tomorrow nite, don't want to go in with a hangover tomorrow. Too obvious.... :)

Mentally drool: I think 90% of the women there (no matter the age) had hot flashes..........

OK, sorry, no more of this!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Yes, I'm hurtin' on the "official" tour news. Really is bothering me. As if there is a problem.

Not trying to string out the Bat Wings answer, but I think someone can get the answer in the next few hours. I have and will try to pose trivia questions that are not easily Googled, but I thought someone on this thread would surely know whose hands the wings ended up in.

Faithfull.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    random post

the office is my favorite show
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JTR wrote:
    Yes, I'm hurtin' on the "official" tour news. Really is bothering me. As if there is a problem.

....pretending i didn't hear that....
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Dollpartz wrote:
    Me Too. lalalala
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Me too. I'm not really suggesting there is a problem, just frustrated. Need to get out tonight.
    JTR wrote:
    Me too. I'm not really suggesting there is a problem, just frustrated. Need to get out tonight.

Oh shit, I need to get out, too........broken heart for the third time in a year???? I SO hope not.

If you're feeling negative then I'm feeling negative
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • JTR wrote:

is their anything you can reveal to elaborate on that?
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
    Dollpartz wrote:

I need to be like you guys, I've always been one of those "the glass is not just half-empty but dry as a bone......." Need to work on that! There are reasons for the attitude but no excuses.
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    stoneg wrote:
    There she is!! Sounded like work sucked for you today.

Yeah, a lot of people were out sick, slow day... boring. tomorrow will go fast and it will be the weekend!

take good car of your wife and relax a little yourself - dojust what you have to do... she'll get better.

I'm off the bed... it is raining and a freat time to read.

Hasta until tomorrow. Maybe some news will come our way.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i can't take all this build-up let-down build-up let-down shit much longer. this thread has been going for almost a year. i'm exhausted...

no offense jtr. i'm sure you are who you say you are. sadly, that makes it worse...

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dangerboy wrote:
    i can't take all this build-up let-down build-up let-down shit much longer. this thread has been going for almost a year. i'm exhausted...

no offense jtr. i'm sure you are who you say you are. sadly, that makes it worse...

yeah, and we don' t even know what happened to those bat wins yet. That is just plain mean:)
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    the gardenlover check'n in and check'n out! im so freakin tired-will be cooking all weekend so i wish all a happy and safe St. Patricks Day!

May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
    and guide you in whatever you do,
    and may his loving protection be a blessing to you.

May the blessing of light be upon you,
    Light without and light within,
    And in all your comings and goings
    May you ever have a kindly greeting
    From them you meet along the road.

G'night
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    talking about something to do....there could be some anti-war/peace rally at each parking lot scene.....if we are fortunate to get a tour and i sure hope we are. :)

peace
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    talking about something to do....there could be some anti-war/peace rally at each parking lot scene.....if we are fortunate to get a tour and i sure hope we are. :)

peace

well, the idea would be to raise some money or something for a chosen recipient...i'm not sure how a peace rally would achieve that.

plus, it's potentially polarizing. not everybody is going to be on board with this. might start a confrontation.... maybe something a little more generic....with a little broader appeal?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    the gardenlover check'n in and check'n out! im so freakin tired-will be cooking all weekend so i wish all a happy and safe St. Patricks Day!

May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
    and guide you in whatever you do,
    and may his loving protection be a blessing to you.

May the blessing of light be upon you,
    Light without and light within,
    And in all your comings and goings
    May you ever have a kindly greeting
    From them you meet along the road.

G'night

I'm curious - what type of food is your "specialty"???? It's okay if you don't answer. I know you're tired. Just saying I'm interested in what you do.
    Rest up for the weekend... :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    hi guys:)

no news... that blows

love you anyways though :D
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    JTR wrote:

Not trying to string out the Bat Wings answer, but I think someone can get the answer in the next few hours. I have and will try to pose trivia questions that are not easily Googled, but I thought someone on this thread would surely know whose hands the wings ended up in.

Faithfull.

I think JTR is just expressing some frustration about how slowly things are progressing with finalizing the tour dates. He didn't say that there was actually a problem. I'm confident that things will fall into place relatively soon and JTR will be able to post some "official" tour news.

Hope remains for the 2007 summer tour.

Play the South.
    dangerboy wrote:

That's exactly how I feel about it all...exhausted. We really are a dedicated bunch. As let down as I was after the last time our hopes were dashed, in a few weeks I was all over this thread again.....

And I know you feel bad JTR, but hey, we've had a blast hearing from and talking with you!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    My Theory:
    Lollapalooza wants to make the official announcement about PJ playing there, so the PJ camp is waiting for their announcement first before they announce all the dates. Typically festivals prefer making the announcements themselves because it is their production. So I expect that as soon as Lolla makes their official announcement with all the bands, PJ will make their announcement. Probably the same day.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
    My Theory:
    Lollapalooza wants to make the official announcement about PJ playing there, so the PJ camp is waiting for their announcement first before they announce all the dates. Typically festivals prefer making the announcements themselves because it is their production. So I expect that as soon as Lolla makes their official announcement with all the bands, PJ will make their announcement. Probably the same day.

Sounds reasonable. Hope you're right....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    My Theory:

Good point. However, it seems like they could go ahead and annouce the other dates and simply leave lolla out of the announcement.
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    dangerboy wrote:
    well, the idea would be to raise some money or something for a chosen recipient...i'm not sure how a peace rally would achieve that.

plus, it's potentially polarizing. not everybody is going to be on board with this. might start a confrontation.... maybe something a little more generic....with a little broader appeal?
    thats cool, but we do already raise money for the charity of their choice by purchasing a ticket I thought......and it is not a big deal to be polorizing and raise awareness to something you believe. I have no problem with those that are not on board they would not have to participate, it could be for those who are sick and tired of an unlawful war and having our youngsters killed and maimed for what, I cant really be certain, but I think it stinks. I would enjoy seeing a peace rally at the lot before a show and not so sure Pearl Jam wouldn't enjoy it either.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    G'nite Southern jammers...
    keep the faith.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Goodnight bump!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Quiet end to a long day....rush here, rush there, rush everywhere!!!! Volunteered for another committee chair with the local Audubon Society, heard the head of the National Wildlife Federation speak on the BSC campus, hunted for amphibians & reptiles in the rain, picked up a prescription from the Walgreens, actually ate two meals, sat through a meeting, sat through a presentation on Darters (fish) endemic to springs in the area, caught the South Park that we missed last night because they moved "Lost" to 9:00 central and kissed my beautiful wife. :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Holy Krzyzewski! Still no answer on the wings? Saw my Canes lose a tough one thanks to a possessed Devil named Brodeur. Still no news on the PJ front. I will echo what everyone else said. It's been a long day. I should be sleeping, but I guess I'll go watch the end of the Carolina game.
    Good night "The South".

"Drive me mad, the waiting did." - Yoda
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    Quiet end to a long day....rush here, rush there, rush everywhere!!!! Volunteered for another committee chair with the local Audubon Society, heard the head of the National Wildlife Federation speak on the BSC campus, hunted for amphibians & reptiles in the rain, picked up a prescription from the Walgreens, actually ate two meals, sat through a meeting, sat through a presentation on Darters (fish) endemic to springs in the area, caught the South Park that we missed last night because they moved "Lost" to 9:00 central and kissed my beautiful wife. :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

I saw the first few minutes of South Park before falling asleep last night. Is there any line those guys won't cross on? Thank goodness for DVR. I have to finish watching that and Lost also. I saw a movie Matt and Trey did back before they started South Park. It was so bad, yet one of those things you can't turn away from. It is called Cannibal The Musical.
    Brian
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    My Theory:

yeah but doesnt the lolla website say the lineup wont be announced till late april...i thought i read that somewhere!

and i wanna know about the bat wings too!! i always wondered what they symbolized...so thanks for that info.
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
    Thank God its Friday! Today's brilliant thread of the day will undoubtedly be the "Official Please drive from the South to the North" thread. I love it when we annoy the fuck out of losers like the person who started that one. Why is it so hard for someone to get it? Nothing but love coming from this thread. All we are saying is that we love this band and we hope they play somewhere down in our neck of the woods the next time they tour the US. That's all! Why is that so bizarre? You would think PJ had never played The South the way some of those simple minded thread starters think/post. The truth is, prior to 2006, there is no precedent for them skipping large sections of the country, much less them skipping them without letting anyone know. A lot of people do travel long distances to see shows. I'm probably in the minority. The farthest I have ever traveled is about 5 hours, but many people down here have been just about everywhere the band has ever played
    I know I shouldn't get pissed off at the trolling wastes of space who start threads like that, but its just so ignorant. How could any fan of this band not have a strong desire for everyone to be able to see them do what they do best, perform? Dude, their music and their live shows are something that should be shared and enjoyed by all. Hell, I wish they would go right to the house of the fucker who started that thread and play in his/her living room. How someone could be such a dick, I will not understand. You would think the MANY people who have posted in this thread are jumping out of the computer screen screaming "PLAY THE SOUTH" repeatedly at the people who start those negative threads. What are we doing to annoy them? Posting on a message board?
    Excuse the rant, but I needed to get that off my chest. Kinda sums up my disappointment in what is a very vocal but small minority of PJ fans. This post won't do anything to stop that. There will still be the requisite 5 new threads a day with the idiotic, uninformed, stereotype laced monologues. While I will never lose faith in this band, I am starting to lose faith in some of the fan base.

Sorry! Just needed to vent for a bit. I feel much better now. You guys should try it! It's a good cleansing mental exercise. :) And damnit, where are those bat wings?

PLAY THE SOUTH
    PLAY "GUAMY'S" LIVING ROOM
    Brian