• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    lukin321 wrote:
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

I say we rock this thread with nothing but Ty's "Play the South" design until we hit 11,000...how's that for on topic?? ;)

I can dig that.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    ~ Play The South ~™
    ~ Play The South ~™
    ~ Play The South ~™
    ~ Play The South ~™
    ~ Play The South ~™
    ~ Play The South ~™

Ty's property
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Kat wrote:
    Has this thread stopped being a petition thread now? If that's the case, and it appears that it is, it's time to move onto other threads or PMs for various personal discussions. Thanks for cooperating.
    Please don't piss on our cheerios!
    PLAY THE SOUTH IN '07!!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    acidfuel wrote:
    and no holiday single in Miami
    yesterday.....

Please come to Texas.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    [size=+3]OFFICIAL[/size] Yeah, I kinda got angry about another thread when I logged on early this morning and posted a REALLY long venting post with a few naughty words. That was wrong and probably drew some attention. The post was deleted by the looks of it. I can't blame the mods. This is supposed to be a possitive thread. [size=+3]BUMP[/size]

PLAY THE SOUTH
    PLAY EVERYWHERE
    Brian
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

digging it. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Pearl Jam lyrics have always had social and political content. Pearl Jam and their staff have to earn a living. But why o why only play for "rich" people? Why stray from the poverty and political discourse by only playing for the richest (countries or regions)?

The REAL south is South America, Africa... Please play Colombia!

Bogotá has received many important international bands, but Pearl Jam has not been interested in playing for their South American neighbors. If Metallica, Slayer, Guns n' Roses, Incubus, Deftones, Placebo, Roger Waters, The Rasmus, Misfits, Slipknot, Suicidal Tendencies, Apocalyptica, Fear Factory and many more bands have played succesful concerts in Colombia, why can't a socially aware band like PJ handle it?

If Pearl Jam wants to come to Colombia, I'll put them in touch with all sorts of contacts and non-profits! Why not make a big event? Why not come to Colombia like the Dalai Lama did, and join him in our request to stop the war? Why can't Pearl Jam bring some positive attention to Colombia and join us in our struggle for peace?

At any rate... I hope they can at least visit Florida or Georgia so I can fly over and see them there.... All the best PJ friends... Keep the faith! They will play the south, we just don't know which....

Like any well meaning band or individual, they can't help everyone....! And apparently you missed their tour of your country a couple of years back. They may not have played Colombia, but I guarantee you they played somewhere nearby.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    acidfuel wrote:
    and no holiday single in Miami

Nor in MY part of Atlanta.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    NCBRI wrote:
    [size=+3]OFFICIAL[/size] Yeah, I kinda got angry about another thread when I logged on early this morning and posted a REALLY long venting post with a few naughty words. That was wrong and probably drew some attention. The post was deleted by the looks of it. I can't blame the mods. This is supposed to be a possitive thread. [size=+3]BUMP[/size]

PLAY THE SOUTH
    PLAY EVERYWHERE

Yeah, I responded to you and SPALMA responded to me. They took those two messages off too.
    Oh well, we ain't perfect, we're just Southern and faithfull.......
    :)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Yeah, I responded to you and SPALMA responded to me. They took those two messages off too.
    Oh well, we ain't perfect, we're just Southern and faithfull.......
    :)

Yeah, my post was a just a bit too agressive.

[size=+3]PLAY THE SOUTH
    "WHILE WE'RE YOUNG" ;)
    [/size]
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    "enjoy your youth"
    play the south
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Dollpartz wrote:
    stoney g, did you get your single today?

i sent you two pm's, please write me back....

PLAY THE SOUTH
    Got your PM's. Check Yours. And still no single here in south Florida.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    just got home from the office and the single was waiting for me at my door

p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h
    !
    n
    o
    w
    !

!
  • tremorvoidtremorvoid Posts: 528
    today was a good day! i got my xmas single AND my income tax return close to a grand!!!! now i can buy tickets!!!

i say ANNOUNCE THE SOUTH!!!! :D
    Seems that needlessly it's getting harder
    To find an approach and a way to live
    Are we getting something out of this
    all-encompassing trip?
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky please play the south bump

why do i feel like i've been scolded by the teacher for something, but i can't figure out exactly what it was?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Please Play at least Houston and Dallas as well

Heading to the Liquor store for wine for my wife who will be home tomorrow

Have a good weekend

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Please Play at least Houston and Dallas as well

Heading to the Liquor store for wine for my wife who will be home tomorrow

Have a good weekend

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Enjoy your weekend too - sounds like a celebration is brewing. Have lots of fun.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky please play the south bump

why do i feel like i've been scolded by the teacher for something, but i can't figure out exactly what it was?

We are just guests here and ther are rules ...

now repeat after me:
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

dangerboy wrote:

"Restless soul, enjoy your youth
    Like Muhammad, hits the truth
    Can't escape from the common rule"

~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    Brian
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    muchos grandes buzzkill

play the south

(that may or may not have made any sense, i dont speak spanish, but it sounded good to me) ;-p
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    So, after making some phone calls (and I don't have anything to do with 10C):

1. Everything is good. This is everyone's favorite thread - especially all of the characters.

2. LeatherMandi, SPALMA has it right. Need to stick to Pearl Jam ideas. The concern is that it is becoming a CHAT ROOM. No need for that - we are so much more creative than to resort to silly chat.

3. But, like a good novel, this world of Play The South has its twists and turns.

4. AT LEAST WE'RE NOT EDDIE STALKERS like "Ed still in NY". In fact, this is a really decent group of people. NCBRI did have a little personality failure this morning and that IS what triggered this.

You have my word that if it is not announced by the end of the month, I will post the list here!

Now about those bat wings. Even Kat doesn't know where they went????
    JTR wrote:

1. Everything is good. This is everyone's favorite thread - especially all of the characters.

2. LeatherMandi, SPALMA has it right. Need to stick to Pearl Jam ideas. The concern is that it is becoming a CHAT ROOM. No need for that - we are so much more creative than to resort to silly chat.

3. But, like a good novel, this world of Play The South has its twists and turns.

4. AT LEAST WE'RE NOT EDDIE STALKERS like "Ed still in NY". In fact, this is a really decent group of people. NCBRI did have a little personality failure this morning and that IS what triggered this.

You have my word that if it is not announced by the end of the month, I will post the list here!

NCBRI - I feel like that some mornings, it feels good to vent - sorry it went down as it did. We feel a little battered here and sometimes lose focus.

I emailed 10c about the batwings... I thought that was what pissed them off...

Oh, and,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

• JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Please >>> Play The South <<<

Now watch this on The Porch.
    JTR wrote:

Is there anyone you don't have connections with? The "personality failure" won't happen again Don JTR. ;) Total lapse of judgement on my part (a free transcript is available by PM only).

~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    ~PLAY THE SOUTH~
    Brian