***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    well...anyhow :D

how is everyone spending there St. Pats?

I dont dig the stinkyness/crowdedness of downtown savannah during this time of year... so i think im gonna have dinner on tybee island.... go the beach with a bit of smoke....
    and watch the fireworks from the dock :D
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I hate St. Pats...everything is crowded, everyone acts drunk and stupid...my wife and I usually stay home.

I dont dig the stinkyness/crowdedness of downtown savannah during this time of year... so i think im gonna have dinner on tybee island.... go the beach with a bit of smoke....
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    oh well, back to work bump....
    ~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!

What she said :)
    callen wrote:
    very good sign..and we should be honored not pissed that Kat's actively monitoring our site....

This means there is a want from the admin. to see this thread going...it shows great support for a band...hence when we stray......they remind us to keep up what its really about...hope I'm making sense...soooooo I say..thanks Kat for checking this thread out...and for realizing some us down here.......NEEED some Jam....badly. PLEASE...and maybe you can have a fella from the band....reply to this thread telling us of the news prior to spilling it to everyone else...that would be soooo feakin cool...

Great spin on events Callen, thanks.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    JTR wrote:
    Oh shit NCBRI, my f-up. I always forget birthdays.

and "sticking" to the thread:

ANNOUNCE THE SOUTH!

I was warned about this last week.
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    p
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

s
    o
    u
    t
    h

!

a
    n
    d

d
    o
    n
    t

k
    i
    l
    l

t
    h
    i
    s

t
    h
    r
    e
    a
    d
    !
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    acidfuel wrote:
    p
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

s
    o
    u
    t
    h

!

a
    n
    d

d
    o
    n
    t

k
    i
    l
    l

t
    h
    i
    s

t
    h
    r
    e
    a
    d
    !

I like this!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    acidfuel wrote:
    p
    l
    a
    y

t
    h
    e

s
    o
    u
    t
    h

!

a
    n
    d

d
    o
    n
    t

k
    i
    l
    l

t
    h
    i
    s

t
    h
    r
    e
    a
    d
    !

a
    m
    e
    n
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    in reguards to what callen said...

Basically, she told us to stop posting in this thread...

which would be fine... but alot of people have stuck out their neck, been very faithfull, kind, and patient..... im just saying, she could have said something a little nice too.... for all the hard work we have put in to everything! I get it,
    everyone here is very mellow, very awesome, and tries to keep things cool...
    But i think sometimes, you gotta stand up for yourself, and realize what you DESERVE.

would break my heart to see this thread die.....

don't see this thread dying..and also guess I read Kats response different..course I know I missed alot of what was happening before her comment...and don't reaaaaaally feel like going back........

I really believe mods like this thread...its cool for them..and I bet its cool for the band...if they're aware of it......sooooo we just need to keep sending the love...and see what happens.

Play the South fellas...and um um um....WPB just one show....Texas needs the date more than them damn spoiled Floridians..... (-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Dollpartz wrote:
    .......we didn't come here to piss anyone off, we just want our pearl jam like the rest of you, so if our thread bothers you, then just stay out of it, go around it, ignore it, whatever it takes. i think i speak for the group (or at least the majority) when i say that we're not going anywhere just yet.

PLAY THE SOUTH
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    in reguards to what callen said...

Basically, she told us to stop posting in this thread...

which would be fine... but alot of people have stuck out their neck, been very faithfull, kind, and patient..... im just saying, she could have said something a little nice too.... for all the hard work we have put in to everything! I get it,
    everyone here is very mellow, very awesome, and tries to keep things cool...
    But i think sometimes, you gotta stand up for yourself, and realize what you DESERVE.

would break my heart to see this thread die.....

It was a reminder that we were "off track" to the intent of this thread. She has the power to shut us down... and didn't... so we must take it as a warning (as intended) to abide by the rules.

The focus must remain Pearl Jam not our daily lives (of which I am most guilty :() but I think there are subjects we CAN discuss... such as fundraising, JTR's trivia, or planning a pre-show party... that are somewhat connected to Pearl Jam. And if we keep up Ty's chant,

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

I can't see where we can go wrong.

Maybe next time kat or sea will pay us a casual visit. There IS some comfort to know that they are there (as Callen pointed out) :)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    lukin321 wrote:
    Then they can play a 2-nighter in WPB and then scoot on over to Tampa ;)
    JTR said 2 dates in Florida
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    JTR wrote:
    I was warned about this last week.

soooooooooo, you work for the 10club?!?

play the south
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319

I LOVE Tybee......Pearl Jam should play there!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940

So no River St. for you this year? Yeah Tybee is really cool.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    JTR said 2 dates in Florida

i hope is 1 show in WPB and 1 show in tampa ....with 2 days in between shows.....................that way they can add a second show in WPB
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Kat wrote:
    Has this thread stopped being a petition thread now? If that's the case, and it appears that it is, it's time to move onto other threads or PMs for various personal discussions. Thanks for cooperating.

unofficial sticky

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    We had wandered across the border into Chat....so I guess we deserve the warning.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    stoneg wrote:
    So no River St. for you this year? Yeah Tybee is really cool.

check your pm's

play the south
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    Play the south!!!
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    this may be an old observation...
    Anyone notice that there's not one southern city included for the preview of the Love Reign movie????????

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Anyone notice that there's not one southern city included for the preview of the Love Reign movie????????

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON!!

I did, we'll just add that to the list too
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    weenie wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON!!

and no holiday single in Miami
  • iwokadgiwokadg Posts: 3
    Pearl Jam lyrics have always had social and political content. Pearl Jam and their staff have to earn a living. But why o why only play for "rich" people? Why stray from the poverty and political discourse by only playing for the richest (countries or regions)?

The REAL south is South America, Africa... Please play Colombia!

Bogotá has received many important international bands, but Pearl Jam has not been interested in playing for their South American neighbors. If Metallica, Slayer, Guns n' Roses, Incubus, Deftones, Placebo, Roger Waters, The Rasmus, Misfits, Slipknot, Suicidal Tendencies, Apocalyptica, Fear Factory and many more bands have played succesful concerts in Colombia, why can't a socially aware band like PJ handle it?

If Pearl Jam wants to come to Colombia, I'll put them in touch with all sorts of contacts and non-profits! Why not make a big event? Why not come to Colombia like the Dalai Lama did, and join him in our request to stop the war? Why can't Pearl Jam bring some positive attention to Colombia and join us in our struggle for peace?

At any rate... I hope they can at least visit Florida or Georgia so I can fly over and see them there.... All the best PJ friends... Keep the faith! They will play the south, we just don't know which....
    stoney g, did you get your single today?

i sent you two pm's, please write me back....

PLAY THE SOUTH
    Pearl Jam lyrics have always had social and political content. Pearl Jam and their staff have to earn a living. But why o why only play for "rich" people? Why stray from the poverty and political discourse by only playing for the richest (countries or regions)?

The REAL south is South America, Africa... Please play Colombia!

Bogotá has received many important international bands, but Pearl Jam has not been interested in playing for their South American neighbors. If Metallica, Slayer, Guns n' Roses, Incubus, Deftones, Placebo, Roger Waters, The Rasmus, Misfits, Slipknot, Suicidal Tendencies, Apocalyptica, Fear Factory and many more bands have played succesful concerts in Colombia, why can't a socially aware band like PJ handle it?

If Pearl Jam wants to come to Colombia, I'll put them in touch with all sorts of contacts and non-profits! Why not make a big event? Why not come to Colombia like the Dalai Lama did, and join him in our request to stop the war? Why can't Pearl Jam bring some positive attention to Colombia and join us in our struggle for peace?

At any rate... I hope they can at least visit Florida or Georgia so I can fly over and see them there.... All the best PJ friends... Keep the faith! They will play the south, we just don't know which....

PLAY COLOMBIA!..........AND PUERTO RICO!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

I say we rock this thread with nothing but Ty's "Play the South" design until we hit 11,000...how's that for on topic?? ;)