***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    (I was just kidding) Chasing you (your posts), don't want you on the run. Want you right here.
    Chase away......glory for the team is better than glory for the individual. :) Today will be a good day to gain some more ground....I will be out in the field looking for more salamanders, other amphibians and reptiles today.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    Time for a Pearl Jam hint.

I am very disappointed.

The wings belonged to Ed. The were given to him by Dennis Flemion of The Frogs.

They represent the credo of The Frogs, who "always gave the crowd their best shot" when playing live. The wings were a reminder of how the Frogs performed and produced every time they hit the stage.

Now, what happened to the wings?

Try and figure out what was going on in October, 2005. Who the supporting acts were and what their status as a band was. The Frogs played their last show in 2005, etc, etc. There is one specific explanation of the retirement of the wings.

I think Dangerboy can get this one.
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    JTR wrote:

I am very disappointed.

They represent the credo of The Frogs, who "always gave the crowd their best shot" when playing live. The wings were a reminder of how the Frogs performed and produced every time they hit the stage.

Try and figure out what was going on in October, 2005. Who the supporting acts were and what their status as a band was. The Frogs played their last show in 2005, etc, etc. There is one specific explanation of the retirement of the wings.

they now belong to Sleater-Kinney?
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    no news I see....damnit! :(
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Weenie's back! this is getting pretty bad when we worry about someone, just because they haven't checked in with us... :) Nice tho.

Actually it's pretty good....considering we never met and you're "worried" about me! (I know you meant it that way) It's all just another indicator of the awesome folks on this thread.

So I see still no news..... :(
    What's up with that?!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    tybird wrote:
    Chase away......glory for the team is better than glory for the individual. :) Today will be a good day to gain some more ground....I will be out in the field looking for more salamanders, other amphibians and reptiles today.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Just watch out for them there snakes tybird! That's one thing the South has lots of that we haven't bragged on yet.......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Catching up on everyone's posts.......
    and being a thread hog.......
    :)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Oh, and am following up with the T-shirt person today....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    JTR wrote:

I am very disappointed.

you give me too much credit....

ok. shot in the dark. they retired the wings cuz the band broke up? did they auction them off for a katrina benefit or something?

i thought this was supposed to be an easy one!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    weenie wrote:
    Just watch out for them there snakes tybird! That's one thing the South has lots of that we haven't bragged on yet.......

i thought you were an ornothologist, not a herpetologist! related, though, i can see. reptiles and birds, that is....

red and yellow: kills a fellow
    red and black: friend of jack

mostly it's the copperheads and water moccasins you gotta look out for here. unless you're in the mountains, where the timber rattlers are fat fat fat!

• stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    SPALMA wrote:
    How's your wife? Yeah, I am still hunting around for those bat wings... have no clue. gotta go to work.
    Wife is doing a little better.She is at the Spine doctor today.No single in the mail today.Again.And no news I see.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    I still haven't gotten my single either. OR my Deep!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Still no single for me either :(
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    weenie wrote:
    I still haven't gotten my single either. OR my Deep!!

now that's just wrong. we finally got our singles the middle of last week, but deep was weeks ago....

dangerboy wrote:
    i thought you were an ornothologist, not a herpetologist! related, though, i can see. reptiles and birds, that is....

red and yellow: kills a fellow
    red and black: friend of jack

mostly it's the copperheads and water moccasins you gotta look out for here. unless you're in the mountains, where the timber rattlers are fat fat fat!

Wish I'd have known that rhyme when that damn snake "coral snake" tried to get under my front door in Miami....

I killed him, with the freaking end of a hose - cause I knew if he got in my house that me and my cats could never sleep there again. (and proved to myself that I can do what I have to when I have to) I don't like killing things though.. strictly self-preservation.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    acidfuel wrote:
    they now belong to Sleater-Kinney?

didnt someone guess that already?

so effen confused....
    dangerboy wrote:
    now that's just wrong. we finally got our singles the middle of last week, but deep was weeks ago....

I think my mailman stole it.... and when I contacted 10C that I didn't get mine, they said it'd take A MONTH because they only mail out once a month..... geesh
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    gowssssssssssssssssh

news would be great today:)
    weenie wrote:
    I think my mailman stole it.... and when I contacted 10C that I didn't get mine, they said it'd take A MONTH because they only mail out once a month..... geesh

in their defense, it's not them who does the mailing, is it? aren't they sent out from the manufacturing plant?

dangerboy wrote:
    in their defense, it's not them who does the mailing, is it? aren't they sent out from the manufacturing plant?

I suppose, either that or 10C mails them. I'm thinking they print the labels themselves because it's cheaper....with your 10C number.

You're right, I can't necessarily blame the mailman or think he did it purposefully. I live in this HUGE apartment complex and we all get TONS of trash mail everyday - flyers and local coupon rags etc. - so it may have gotten thrown in with someone else's junk mail. The other thing that could have happened is that it may have gotten stuck between mail that I trashed in the garbage bin by the mailboxes, although ever since 10C announced DEEP was coming out, I've been carefully rifling through the stuff before I chunk it in the trash bin. who knows? I just know I wanted it and didn't get it. And I've asked 10C twice. First they told me to "wait a little longer".....
    I think I've waited long enough thank you very much....!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Oh well, time to leave this little spot of inspiration......

Later, all you faithfull southern jammers~~~~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    slow day on this thread

if you're like me, work is just kicking your ass today!
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    JTR wrote:

I am very disappointed.

Robert Plant, Katrina Benefit House of Blues... that is as far as I got. coming up empty, empty, empty.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Dollpartz wrote:
    slow day on this thread

if you're like me, work is just kicking your ass today!

That's what it is here. Not going to work but a couple of hours tomorrow so I got too much to do today.
    But still, some news would be fantastic.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    bump to the top

• acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e
    s
    o
    u
    t
    h

March Madness is here!!!!
    Go Gators!
    work sucks bump
    Dollpartz wrote:
    work sucks bump

work sucks BIG TIME bump

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back early from the field.....did not make the planned trip because the Wednesday lab caught next to nothing there (not worth the 1 and a 1/2 hour drive both ways, I guess). Went to a local site.....caught a few species of salamanders and one snake.....a tiny little Ring-necked Snake. Very humid early followed by rain....time for a hot shower and some grub.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    tybird wrote:
    Back early from the field.....did not make the planned trip because the Wednesday lab caught next to nothing there (not worth the 1 and a 1/2 hour drive both ways, I guess). Went to a local site.....caught a few species of salamanders and one snake.....a tiny little Ring-necked Snake. Very humid early followed by rain....time for a hot shower and some grub.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

you are welcome to scrounge around my backyard... filled with all those little critters :)

SPALMA wrote:
    work sucks BIG TIME bump

I'll second that.....
    BUMP!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau