Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JTR wrote:
    Can't scare Tybird. He is an Ornithologist. Bats and things, remember? This is a trivia question for TYBIRD!
    Bats are mammals, dude, just like us humans. Not an ornithologist....yet...working on that on a daily basis. Did see some cool bats in an old iron ore mine last week. As for the answer, I have no clue as to why they disappeared. Sorry....:(

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    MWaves, quit scaring Ty
    How is he scaring me????? :confused:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    tybird wrote:
    Bats are mammals, dude, just like us humans. Not an ornithologist....yet...working on that on a daily basis. Did see some cool bats in an old iron ore mine last week. As for the answer, I have no clue as to why they disappeared. Sorry....:(

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

We have a place in this crazy little town I live in called Bat World, operated by a woman known as the bat lady, I think they have a web site search it if you want and it is in Mineral Wells, Tx. We have a ton of bats that live in some abandoned building attics in our dilapadated downtown area. Bat World is cool though.
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    We have a place in this crazy little town I live in called Bat World, operated by a woman known as the bat lady, I think they have a web site search it if you want and it is in Mineral Wells, Tx. We have a ton of bats that live in some abandoned building attics in our dilapadated downtown area. Bat World is cool though.

bat cave, north carolina

After hiking a mile up a steep trail through a mature hardwood forest, you will be rewarded with Bat Cave’s natural air conditioning: a cool moist draft that constantly pours out of vents on the side of the large cave. Bat Cave is the largest known granite fissure cave in North America. The main chamber is a dark cathedral more than 300 feet long and approximately 85 feet high. Fissure caves are formed by rock splits, boulder movements, and other motions of the earth, while most other caves are formed by water dissolving and abrading rock.

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    goodnight ya'll.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    Damn...mavs lost great game though

peace
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    this band on Letterman is pretty cool. Aqualung? never heard of them....much better than the Jethro Tull song.

play the south

peace
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    This was at 9100 posts just a week ago....keep the hope alive

peace bump
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • this band on Letterman is pretty cool. Aqualung? never heard of them....much better than the Jethro Tull song.

play the south

peace

funny that you mention that, i made a quick pass over that song on sirius today on my way home from work
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Happy Thursday "The South"

JTR, I'm going "batty" wondering what the complete answer is to your "easy" trivia question is. Also would be interested to hear your take on what you think is going on NOW as far as a potential batch of US tour dates. You think they are still in the process of trying to book venues? It's beginning to feel like its going to be a while. Was just curious as to how far in the process you think/know they are.
    BTW, thanks for keeping our spirits Alive.

THE SOUTH ABIDES
    Brian
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    and where have Stoneg, weenie, dangerboy, ncbri, flagg, the lovely ms. mandi , barkingdogs, gadenlover, *...crown & gossman been all day??

What are we working today???
    Hi gang, I'm back. I worked 16 hours on Tuesday, yes 16 and still had "deadlines" on Wednesday. Got home and my computer was down.
    I hate my job...
    But that's another story...

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.... I MISSED Y'ALL~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON~~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    pathorses wrote:
    I'm worried about you, woman, especially since you worked all night........you OK? Check in when you can.

Thanks girlfriend. See my previous post.
    I was actually worried about me too. Sometimes that job makes me feel like going postal. Not healthy~~but I'm looking to change that. Good things take time.... just like this thread....

Nice to know you were missing me :)
    Have a good one.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Good morning all.Today might be the day.Hopfully some tour news would be awesome.Getting my single in the mail would rock too.Hey JTR,What was the answer to the Bat Wing thing last night?
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    weenie wrote:
    Hi gang, I'm back. I worked 16 hours on Tuesday, yes 16 and still had "deadlines" on Wednesday. Got home and my computer was down.
    I hate my job...
    But that's another story...

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.... I MISSED Y'ALL~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SOON~~
    A lilttle worried about you too weenie.Did not hear from you yesterday.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    weenie wrote:
    Thanks girlfriend. See my previous post.
    I was actually worried about me too. Sometimes that job makes me feel like going postal. Not healthy~~but I'm looking to change that. Good things take time.... just like this thread....

Nice to know you were missing me :)
    Have a good one.

Weenie's back! this is getting pretty bad when we worry about someone, just because they haven't checked in with us... :) Nice tho.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    tybird wrote:
    How is he scaring me????? :confused:

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

tybird wrote:
    :eek: "They're out to get me...." ;)

(I was just kidding) Chasing you (your posts), don't want you on the run. Want you right here.

• NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 243
    Mornin' everyone. Had that Perth boot blasting on the way to work...sweet.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    good morning

play

fl

or

id

a
    stoneg wrote:
    Good morning all.Today might be the day.Hopfully some tour news would be awesome.Getting my single in the mail would rock too.Hey JTR,What was the answer to the Bat Wing thing last night?

How's your wife? Yeah, I am still hunting around for those bat wings... have no clue. gotta go to work.

• grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    bump...

I've been wondering what happened to the bat wings...

Play the South!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    grjammer wrote:
    bump...

I've been wondering what happened to the bat wings...

Play the South!

Glad to see I am not the only one that can't stop trying to think of the answer.

Good morning by the way and two of the best days in sports is finally here!
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    I wish I was still in school so I could skip class and watch basketball all day...I'm sure the next two afternoons won't be all that productive...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bat wings bump

and good morning
    if we haven't figured out the batwings thing by this afternoon, i'll get the skinny on the first part of the story anyway...not sure if i will be able to find out why they left, though

grjammer wrote:
    I wish I was still in school so I could skip class and watch basketball all day...I'm sure the next two afternoons won't be all that productive...

it started here last week. thursday and friday (especially) are sort of like understood sick days/holidays....sort of the working world equivalent of "don't ask, don't tell". i'm kicking off early today myself to catch some hoops this afternoon...

dangerboy wrote:
    if we haven't figured out the batwings thing by this afternoon, i'll get the skinny on the first part of the story anyway...not sure if i will be able to find out why they left, though

we are counting on you dangerboy, thanks. I have learned a lot about bat wings, but not those particular ones.

SPALMA wrote:
    we are counting on you dangerboy, thanks. I have learned a lot about bat wings, but not those particular ones.

aaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    too much pressure!

• acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    p
    l
    a
    y
    t
    h
    e