***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Celebrating my 500th post in the only thread that matters!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 243
    Dollpartz wrote:
    So since we are all just at work waiting for some news over here at the pit, what does everybody do for a living? I'm a Radiology Medical Transcriptionist, but I work from an office in my house, which means I only have to commute from one side of the house to the other and sometimes I work in my pajamas.

Next?

Ha... this is too funny.... I'm in MIS at a Hospital here in Orlando and one of my products is the Medical Transcriptionist product that at home transcriptionists use. You are probably using my product.
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • BarkingDogsBarkingDogs Posts: 280
    bumping fer tha south!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    10000 not to far away at this rate.

This is pretty much the only thread i am posting in anymore...I love it..especially now that I am getting a feeling it is being noticed.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Dollpartz wrote:
    So since we are all just at work waiting for some news over here at the pit, what does everybody do for a living? I'm a Radiology Medical Transcriptionist, but I work from an office in my house, which means I only have to commute from one side of the house to the other and sometimes I work in my pajamas.

Next?

I work in Public Relations - business development. Biggest bunch of bullshit artists you ever saw. Pretty amusing - everything and everyone is categorized and pigeon-holed into some category or the other. I play the devil's advocate role on absolutely everything and am the office "kook". The youngins love me! :)

Next....!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    NewmanUSPS wrote:
    Ha... this is too funny.... I'm in MIS at a Hospital here in Orlando and one of my products is the Medical Transcriptionist product that at home transcriptionists use. You are probably using my product.

Powerscribe?
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    We are a smart sounding group of people.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Dollpartz wrote:

Next?

i thought about doing that! how do you like it?

Me, im an aspiring massage therapist :D

currently working at an art gallery
    We are a smart sounding group of people.

No kidding...we sound smart and we're pj fans..could we possibly be more awesome?? I say no.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Ok gotta go to birthday lunch, office is taking me not like you care but I am going to have an awesome green salad, with grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, capers and olive oil dressing it is all real healthy.....I will ruin that however by eating three of their awesome bread rolls that I will dip in Ranch
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    Ok gotta go to birthday lunch, office is taking me not like you care but I am going to have an awesome green salad, with grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, capers and olive oil dressing it is all real healthy.....I will ruin that however by eating three of their awesome bread rolls that I will dip in Ranch

That sounds so good, i'm starving! Happy birthday and enjoy a nice hunk of cake after that healthy salad!
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    Happy Birthday, fellow Pisces!!

I'm a mortgage loan Underwriter, (feast or famine) and for some reason we are slammed right now!

Pat

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    pathorses wrote:

I'm a mortgage loan Underwriter, (feast or famine) and for some reason we are slammed right now!

Pat

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007
    Pisces rock!!!! saith another Pisces. :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i thought about doing that! how do you like it?

Me, im an aspiring massage therapist :D

currently working at an art gallery

I like it a lot actually, I've worked in the hospital and at home, and I thought being at home would be too boring, but I am completely spoiled now. And the money is pretty good too, which is always a plus
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Well I should be getting some work done but.....It is my birthday and I am hoping for some great b-day news......so f work....at least for a little while.

Happy Happy Birthday Okiefan!!! Hope you celebrate and get a HUGE present from Pearl Jam such as - an announcement!!

Mmmmm sounds good ... I just had cheese quesdillas for lunch. Love that Salsa! Splurged.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Just nabbed "Love Reign O'er Me" from iTunes. :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Dollpartz wrote:

Next?

I am part owner of an aerospace manufacturing firm - my sister and I are majority owners (our retired father is the 3rd owner). We cover more industries than aerospace - but do not do anything for Kennedy Space Center (which is next door) except swap employees :) We have about 60 people and have been in business for 60+ years. I've been here 23 years and running it for about 10 years.
    So I some days, I "fake" work ... but I really do have to get something done!!!

Darn that Pearl Jam!! Just Announce!!

pathorses wrote:

Pat

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007

I think it is famine in Florida right now... housing market seems to have dropped dead. Was BOOMing for the last 3 years.

I'm hearing that Tennesse is the next area to take off.

SPALMA wrote:
    I think it is famine in Florida right now... housing market seems to have dropped dead. Was BOOMing for the last 3 years.

I'm hearing that Tennesse is the next area to take off.
    The market is still strong in parts of central Alabama. But, we are starting to see some areas become overdeveloped thanks to piss-poor or no regional planning. The Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Carolina mountain areas are going to be, if not already, booming.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    But, we are starting to see some areas become overdeveloped thanks to piss-poor or no regional planning.

Already happened in Florida! I was interviewed the other day for a local industry publication about "women-owned manufacturing etc." and I would not bash men or industry or society in general... All I went off on was wanton development and lack of work force housing. They were not happy. Probably won't even use me.... :)

tybird wrote:
    Just nabbed "Love Reign O'er Me" from iTunes. :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

How does it sound Ty?
  • jam_fanjjam_fanj Posts: 46
    bump for the South and for Wednesday new epiosode of LOST. I swear that one guy Desmond looks like Ed sometimes.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/bios?pn=character&name=Desmond%20David%20Hume
    lukin321 wrote:
    How does it sound Ty?
    Sounds pretty impressive.....first time that I had heard it......don't listen to the radio much in the car (there's a reason God gave us CD players)....did not download any of the versions floating around the web. Eddie has the Daltry howl down. Long piano intro was different for a Pearl Jam song. The drum sound seemed different to me on the first run-through. Well worth my time, effort and $.

Everybody knows.....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    jam_fanj wrote:
    bump for the South and for Wednesday new epiosode of LOST. I swear that one guy Desmond looks like Ed sometimes.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/bios?pn=character&name=Desmond%20David%20Hume
    What about that, brother (said in his best Desmond voice/accent)?
    I hate that it will come on at the same time as the new South Park episode. :mad:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SPALMA wrote:
    I am part owner of an aerospace manufacturing firm - my sister and I are majority owners (our retired father is the 3rd owner). We cover more industries than aerospace - but do not do anything for Kennedy Space Center (which is next door) except swap employees :) We have about 60 people and have been in business for 60+ years. I've been here 23 years and running it for about 10 years.
    So I some days, I "fake" work ... but I really do have to get something done!!!

Darn that Pearl Jam!! Just Announce!!

If I ever lose my job I will have to give you a call.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    If I ever lose my job I will have to give you a call.

Only if you are goooood! Am partial to PJ fans though (I'm the only one here).

• FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    haha cracks me up :D
    Post edited by Fahka on
    Haven't heard from JTR today. He must be trying to convince people to let him talk.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22