***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• JTR wrote:
    One story and then I'm done - I promise.

Michael tells the story that in January of 2000, just after the Bush V. Gore Supreme Court Decision, there was a bill signing he attended that authorized the CERP, the largest civil works program ever initiated in the history of the U.S., and at that signing was: Bill Clinton, President; Albert Gore, Vice-President (and main proponent); and one Jeb Bush (Governor of Florida).

Nice fly-on-the-wall stuff.

I remember this, what ever happened to the guy that was holding out on his land? He wasn't opposed to the project, but didn't want to give up his land to the feds either.

just curious
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:
    However, one of my best friends is heading up the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Program and there is still hope.

That is really impressive work they are doing. Thanks again for the news today JTR. You got me all pumped up and anxious and I got my single today. It has been a good day.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    weenie wrote:
    I'm betting you listen to a helluva lot of PJ on THAT commute. PJ is the only thing that keeps me halfway sane in Atlanta traffic. PJ and my sunroof.

Yeah, I haven't taken the new CD out of the player in about a month. Take the occasional break to listen to some sports radio.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    weenie wrote:
    Actually, the daughter of two Key West Conchs..... I was born in Miami. But I've got sand and salt water in my veins.... Yeah, it was a really neat place at one time. You'll have to bring your pic of you and the Captain when we see each other for a show!!

So when's your birthday grrrl?

I'll have to look for the picture but I know it's here somewhere.....He had been in People magazine before I went, not to mention my boyfriend (at the time) knew all about him with the rum-running, etc. I'm not very shy so I bopped right up to him and started talking, etc. Imagine that?

My birthday (and I used to try to hide it, but now it's like what the Hell) was Sunday........I got an email from Sea (auto, I'm sure) but I wasn't listed on the Pit....strange but OK.

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007 AND GIVE US SOME FREAKIN' NEWS NOW!!!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    That is really impressive work they are doing. Thanks again for the news today JTR. You got me all pumped up and anxious and I got my single today. It has been a good day.

isnt the artwork on the single amazing? i saw another thread where somebody framed their copy and i'm thinking i might have to do the same with mine!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    JTR wrote:
    I said this a bit ago, but I really am a real estate developer. Not everone acts that way Tybird. Some of us do LEED certified buildings, etc and build buildings from renewable materials in a sustainable way. However, you are 98% correct.
    Yes, there are good real estate developers and bad real estate developers. This I firmly believe. I try to avoid grouping people together under a single blanket statement.

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    ok, so i'm at work tonight. in the next room is a guy i used to work with directly....he's the night guy now on 96 rock. he's about 4th on my source list, but of course, he hears stuff from some of the same places i do, i.e. record company and local venues....anyway, hit him up again to see if he's heard anything in the last week or so. he says now he's hearing there's supposed to be a show here after lollapalooza....stressed the word RUMOR, but there it is....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    tybird wrote:
    Yes, there are good real estate developers and bad real estate developers. This I firmly believe. I try to avoid grouping people together under a single blanket statement.

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

You ARE the man!!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    dangerboy wrote:
    ok, so i'm at work tonight. in the next room is a guy i used to work with directly....he's the night guy now on 96 rock. he's about 4th on my source list, but of course, he hears stuff from some of the same places i do, i.e. record company and local venues....anyway, hit him up again to see if he's heard anything in the last week or so. he says now he's hearing there's supposed to be a show here after lollapalooza....stressed the word RUMOR, but there it is....

sweeeeettttt!!!!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    pathorses wrote:
    I not to mention my boyfriend (at the time) knew all about him with the rum-running, etc.
    My Great Grandfather (maternal, then paternal) did a little running of the firewater in his days......he also made it. This was all in the hills of central Alabama, St. Clair county to precise.

Everybody knows.......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    isnt the artwork on the single amazing? i saw another thread where somebody framed their copy and i'm thinking i might have to do the same with mine!

That isn't a bad idea. I was really impressed with the artwork when I opened it. I guess it is suppposed to be the character Adam Sandler is playing in the movie with his headphones on...or at least that what I thought.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    i can feel it...
    it's close now...

play the south

please
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
    pathorses wrote:
    I'll have to look for the picture but I know it's here somewhere.....He had been in People magazine before I went, not to mention my boyfriend (at the time) knew all about him with the rum-running, etc. I'm not very shy so I bopped right up to him and started talking, etc. Imagine that?

My birthday (and I used to try to hide it, but now it's like what the Hell) was Sunday........I got an email from Sea (auto, I'm sure) but I wasn't listed on the Pit....strange but OK.

PLAY THE SOUTH IN 2007 AND GIVE US SOME FREAKIN' NEWS NOW!!!!

Happy late Birthday. There have been quite a few b'days around here lately.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    wow jtr... you are a powerful man! (i think?)

All you have to do is say the wire is hot.... and i melt !

so things are really movin huh?
    RodrigoDu wrote:
    i can feel it...
    it's close now...

play the south

please

I agree, a good feeling is in the air.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    dangerboy wrote:
    he says now he's hearing there's supposed to be a show here after lollapalooza....stressed the word RUMOR, but there it is....

where is "here"?
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    where is "here"?

raleigh

tybird wrote:
    My Great Grandfather (maternal, then paternal) did a little running of the firewater in his days......he also made it. This was all in the hills of central Alabama, St. Clair county to precise.

Everybody knows.......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Now that's cool!

My family's only claim to fame is that we had an ancester who was in Napoleon's army who went awol 4 times. He ran away to Canada each time was captured and sent back 3 times. He stuck the 4th time.
    Now that's smart!

dangerboy wrote:
    raleigh

Cool, that is within road trip distance.

• wahinewahine Posts: 86
    Whoo hoo!
    I'm getting that feeling inside!!! That feeling that a tour is on it's way! I've promised my husband lots-o-lovin' if he helps me get to several shows, so he's doing the whole "Pearl Jam's a coming" dance now too.

Play the South!!
    Play the South!!
    VA/Carolinas
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    wahine wrote:
    Whoo hoo!
    I'm getting that feeling inside!!! That feeling that a tour is on it's way! I've promised my husband lots-o-lovin' if he helps me get to several shows, so he's doing the whole "Pearl Jam's a coming" dance now too.

Play the South!!
    Play the South!!
    VA/Carolinas

COOL!!

Another Richmond VA member representin' right here. :D
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    *touches the hot wire*

ouch :D

oh how the pain feels good!

PEARL JAM

IN THE SOUTH

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4867/picture430ci4.jpg
    SPALMA wrote:
    Cool, that is within road trip distance.

my thoughts exactly! ROAD TRIP!!!
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Daily bump for some Sweet Southern News!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    good to see everyone getting so excited! Good night my friends!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08

Dollpartz wrote:
    my thoughts exactly! ROAD TRIP!!!

am getting stoked...

Well, until tomorrow... good night.

• when the south gets played in august and september... who would you all like to see open up for them... if it has been discused sorry disregard... and hammer me about not readin all the post to see if it has been discused...
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    Goodnight my fellow southern folks!

heres to some exciting news soon.

take care and eat good.

Never order barbeque in a place that also serves quiche.

night.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    when the south gets played in august and september... who would you all like to see open up for them... if it has been discused sorry disregard... and hammer me about not readin all the post to see if it has been discused...

hasn't been discussed in here. i'd have to say that pretty much nobody in here cares who opens for them, as long as there's a show to be opened. sorry to say we're not looking that far ahead yet. right now: we don't care. anybody. julio fuckin iglesias for all we care... ;)