***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    so I come back from dinner with my bud and I check the board and there are 340 in the porch! I was thinking it was a tour, but instead some idiot sang Jeremy on american idol! WTF!!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    Yeah, there was a south american or australian thread that was 22,xxx (but only 200+ contributors)

Yeah, I think that was the South American thread. I used to get on their and use my terrible Spanish. People would actually answer me back. It was a pretty neat thread. They are NUTS about PJ down there. Understandably so.... :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    TheGossman wrote:
    so I come back from dinner with my bud and I check the board and there are 340 in the porch! I was thinking it was a tour, but instead some idiot sang Jeremy on american idol! WTF!!

and it was unbelievably bad, you should see if you can find it on youtube, you will become violently ill
    JTR wrote:
    I will try really hard and post it on this thread well before it's Stickied.

Unless they post it at 2 am. laughing the whole time.

That would be GREAT. Thanks for being so cool about all this.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    NCBRI wrote:
    guess not :(

Had to stop for a pee break. You know how that beer makes you have to go all the time.....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Dollpartz wrote:
    and it was unbelievably bad, you should see if you can find it on youtube, you will become violently ill

I thought I heard that while I was making dinner, but I thought "no, nobody would be THAT stupid"....

~Play the South sometime~
    SOON!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Dollpartz wrote:
    lmao, i think the gossman just called me a douchebag!

ok I apologize, I just think Clay Aiken should swallow a knife!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    TheGossman wrote:
    ok I apologize, I just think Clay Aiken should swallow a knife!

clay aiken swallows....wait, that's too easy!

lol, don't apologize, not really sure why we watch the show except that its fun to make fun of the contestants. never thought i'd hear pj on there tho, that was a shock
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    TheGossman wrote:

I'm glad I missed it. Off to bed... goodnight all. Tomorrow.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    had to check in before checking out. good night south and maybe we will here something this week.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Daily beggin's for some Southern tour info! Florida 07' and still faithful
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    goodnight bump!

Calvin: "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help."
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    "I wish I was a messenger and all the news was good"
    Brian
    weenie wrote:
    Had to stop for a pee break. You know how that beer makes you have to go all the time.....

Yes, of course. We don't want any unnecessary puddles on this bus.

Good Night "The South". I'll bump you in the morning. ;)

:cool: PLAY THE SOUTH :cool:
    dude, I'm totally not kidding, seriously
    Brian
    Pleasant dreams Southern jammers.
    it's just around the bend....

SOON!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    late night bump for the south coming from the frigid north...

Play the South!
  • grjammer wrote:

Play the South!

indeed, it is fuckin cold here, not including the windchill i think we hit 0 today here in buffalo, ny

soooooooooooooooooooo

i'm heading SOUTH for a few days to get a preview of this summer's fun and games, okay okay, so the next greatest thing to seeing pearl jam is seeing the band they introduced me to this last tour... my morning jacket folks, leaving for asheville, nc in the morning for thursday night's show at the orange peel.... woo hooo

gossman i'll be looking for you in the pj shirt, it's going to be a great night!!!

see you all in a few days, i expect great things when i get back :D

goodnight
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Goodnight fellow southerners...i'll be seeing ya'll in the a.m. :D
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
    Early morning Hump Day bump.

"This could be the day".
    Brian
    Morning jammers-
    keep the faith~

SOON!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    grjammer wrote:

Play the South!

Thanks for the bump from up north. Maybe today is the day you can start planning a trip down south to see PJ.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    NCBRI wrote:
    Early morning Hump Day bump.

"This could be the day".
    Good Morning all.This COULD be the day!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Rise and shine bump

Everybody knows this is nowhere

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    Good Morning............all the money I make today is going to my PJ Tour account
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Hey Tybird, just curious if you had seen this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17490571/?GT1=9145

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    indeed, it is fuckin cold here, not including the windchill i think we hit 0 today here in buffalo, ny

soooooooooooooooooooo

i'm heading SOUTH for a few days to get a preview of this summer's fun and games, okay okay, so the next greatest thing to seeing pearl jam is seeing the band they introduced me to this last tour... my morning jacket folks, leaving for asheville, nc in the morning for thursday night's show at the orange peel.... woo hooo

gossman i'll be looking for you in the pj shirt, it's going to be a great night!!!

see you all in a few days, i expect great things when i get back :D

goodnight

they mentioned MMJ on Gilmore Girls last night...

Hey Tybird, just curious if you had seen this.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17490571/?GT1=9145
    Nope....thanks for the heads up. That part of Asia still probably holds a lot of surprises for Western scientists. All the wars of the 20th century kept the scientific community out of the area. So, who knows what lurks in them there jungles and mountains. BTW, water treatment plants are a great place to see birds here in the states too.

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    So bump for the morning... and I REALLY have to get some work done today... so if you don't mind, Pearl Jam, just announce our tour so I can get back to work. thank you very much.

SOON!!!

bump....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau