***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Ice22 wrote:
    I accept ....

Play the south! F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!

Play the south for my baby son who was born on Monday morning! A very young PJ fan.

Congratulations on your new little jammer!
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    emc53 wrote:
    I am waiting patiently just like the rest of you.

Pie and Punch on the table. Thanks for coming and joining the cause.

Vive Le Pearl Jam!
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Here is something that might draw some of the lurkers out on Lurker Day. Well it may bring out the male lurkers, and maybe some of the more adventurous female lurkers.;)

Note the interview subject's mention of PJ and a particular performance from Live at the Garden
    Brian
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:
    The wire is hot. Repeat, the wire is hot. Things are on the move finally.

Awesome! Thanks for the updates JTR. You kick ass.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • NewmanUSPSNewmanUSPS Posts: 243
    JTR wrote:

Giddy Up!!!
    Most people with low self-esteem have earned it.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    JTR wrote:

Woo Hoooooooo
    Can't Freaking Wait! Had to actually WORK today and couldn't check the board. But came home to this little blurb and feel all re-energized.

Thanks JTR, you made my day!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    ok news now! PLEASE!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    tybird wrote:
    I understand about the Gulf Coast. I went on a vacation down to Destin in 1989, then did not go back until last year. Did not even recognize the place. What a travesty.

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

The entire state of Florida is a travesty. My family goes back three generations of Key West born natives. They couldn't pay me to live in Florida again. Nothing but a bunch of greedy bastards that care nothing for nature or the environment - just sell, sell, sell, develop, develop, develop.

Sorry I went off but Florida was a really special place at one time and my roots there go deep.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Almost At 9200 !!!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    JTR wrote:
    I am a professional gigolo. 25 cents at a time. Tiring.

I said this a bit ago, but I really am a real estate developer. Not everone acts that way Tybird. Some of us do LEED certified buildings, etc and build buildings from renewable materials in a sustainable way. However, you are 98% correct.
    I am a Mechanical Engineer. I wish I could work out of my house but I work about a hour from where I live. But I don't mind because I really like my job.

I'm betting you listen to a helluva lot of PJ on THAT commute. PJ is the only thing that keeps me halfway sane in Atlanta traffic. PJ and my sunroof.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    JTR wrote:
    I said this a bit ago, but I really am a real estate developer. Not everone acts that way Tybird. Some of us do LEED certified buildings, etc and build buildings from renewable materials in a sustainable way. However, you are 98% correct.

The entire state of Florida is a travesty. My family goes back three generations of Key West born natives. They couldn't pay me to live in Florida again. Nothing but a bunch of greedy bastards that care nothing for nature or the environment - just sell, sell, sell, develop, develop, develop.

Sorry I went off but Florida was a really special place at one time and my roots there go deep.

Well, guess I won't be on your "special" list anytime soon eh JTR?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    Sorry for being a thread hog but I missed an entire half day of posts.....
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    weenie wrote:

I didn't know you were a Key West native......damn, I haven't been there since......well, I'd rather not say but that place used to be so cool! I heard it was all commercial and shit but I guess I was hoping it wasn't true. I used to go there for spring break every year...Met Captain Tony at his bar one night; have the picture (somewhere) to prove it, too!
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    tybird wrote:
    I understand about the Gulf Coast. I went on a vacation down to Destin in 1989, then did not go back until last year. Did not even recognize the place. What a travesty.

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

in the 70's, Destin was a tiny little fishing village with one fast food restaurant (a Tastee Freez), a bunch of charter boats, a couple of seafood restaurants, and just a few condominiums, mostly woods and absolutely breathtaking unspoiled white sand beaches. i haven't been there since the late 80's, but I've seen the rest of the gulf coast of the florida panhandle from perdido key to ft walton beach, and it is unrecognizable to me...cannot even imagine what that quaint little fishing village looks like now :-(

but on a lighter note, JTR says the wire is freakin hot and i'm trying not to get all excited, but damn this sounds like some good news to me!!!!
    No Weenie, I love you (now that's funny). I think lots of things are done differently in Florida. It is not an example for the rest of us. I do not travel to Florida (except Kissimmee VFC) for that reason. But I love the State, just not the state of the State.
    pathorses wrote:
    I didn't know you were a Key West native......damn, I haven't been there since......well, I'd rather not say but that place used to be so cool! I heard it was all commercial and shit but I guess I was hoping it wasn't true. I used to go there for spring break every year...Met Captain Tony at his bar one night; have the picture (somewhere) to prove it, too!

Actually, the daughter of two Key West Conchs..... I was born in Miami. But I've got sand and salt water in my veins.... Yeah, it was a really neat place at one time. You'll have to bring your pic of you and the Captain when we see each other for a show!!

So when's your birthday grrrl?
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    However, one of my best friends is heading up the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Program and there is still hope.
    JTR wrote:
    No Weenie, I love you (now that's funny). I think lots of things are done differently in Florida. It is not an example for the rest of us. I do not travel to Florida (except Kissimmee VFC) for that reason. But I love the State, just not the state of the State.

I was at that show. One of the best ever don't you think? I was lucky enough to be in the 4th row. That was a first for me - until Vegas this past summer.

My niece lives down in Navarre Beach - I go down to visit and get my dose of "beach", but other than VFC, that's it. Once Disney landed, it was all over but the shoutin.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    JTR wrote:
    However, one of my best friends is heading up the Comprehensive Everglades Restoration Program and there is still hope.

I saw a program on Discovery (I think) about the project. Your friend is to be commended. They are doing phenomenal work. It really did give me hope and made me happy that there are still dedicated people who do truly care. And like him or not, thank god for former veep Gore.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    I was just in front of you. Remember Ed's silver fingernails? My brother-in-law was next to me and didn't want to leave our spot on the rail, so he utilized his "jean-space". Won't forget that. Got to see the whole VFC tour, and then laid down for a big rest.
    One story and then I'm done - I promise.

Michael tells the story that in January of 2000, just after the Bush V. Gore Supreme Court Decision, there was a bill signing he attended that authorized the CERP, the largest civil works program ever initiated in the history of the U.S., and at that signing was: Bill Clinton, President; Albert Gore, Vice-President (and main proponent); and one Jeb Bush (Governor of Florida).

Nice fly-on-the-wall stuff.
    JTR wrote:
    One story and then I'm done - I promise.

Michael tells the story that in January of 2000, just after the Bush V. Gore Supreme Court Decision, there was a bill signing he attended that authorized the CERP, the largest civil works program ever initiated in the history of the U.S., and at that signing was: Bill Clinton, President; Albert Gore, Vice-President (and main proponent); and one Jeb Bush (Governor of Florida).

Nice fly-on-the-wall stuff.

Wow, priceless. Thanks for sharing.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    JTR wrote:

saw lots of green or eco contractors in colorado amd even Portugal. Have never heard of such thing In Florida..
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    JTR wrote:
    I was just in front of you. Remember Ed's silver fingernails? My brother-in-law was next to me and didn't want to leave our spot on the rail, so he utilized his "jean-space". Won't forget that. Got to see the whole VFC tour, and then laid down for a big rest.

You really WERE in front of me. I didn't see Ed's nails but I did see Susan Sarandon and a bunch of other people standing side stage watching the show. Remember when Ed danced with her?

Okay, I'll stop now too.... I've been a thread hog for about an hour.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Ed seemed surprised at the reception they got at that VFC show. He even thinks Florida is chuck full of older Republicans.. Well, it is, there ARE some of us other folks here too.

That was an incredible (and long!) show.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    Ed seemed surprised at the reception they got at that VFC show. He even thinks Florida is chuck full of older Republicans.. Well, it is, there ARE some of us other folks here too.

That was an incredible (and long!) show.

Yeah, it was. I think it's my alltime favorite. Glad you were there too!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    You really WERE in front of me. I didn't see Ed's nails but I did see Susan Sarandon and a bunch of other people standing side stage watching the show. Remember when Ed danced with her?

Okay, I'll stop now too.... I've been a thread hog for about an hour.

he danced with her at the end of Black, my heart just melted, what a great show that was
    Dollpartz wrote:
    he danced with her at the end of Black, my heart just melted, what a great show that was

You too!! Glad you were there. What a great community to be part of.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    Dollpartz wrote:

I was so close to attending that show but all my friends suck, no one was down with driving with me to FL for the show, and I didn't wanna drive 8 hours alone, so I only got to do Asheville and the 2 Boston shows, great time though, Asheville the entire band was sick, but it was still a decent show
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08