***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    tybird wrote:
    What about that, brother (said in his best Desmond voice/accent)?
    I hate that it will come on at the same time as the new South Park episode. :mad:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

This is why I need to get a DVR. But I can't miss Lost.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Haven't heard from JTR today. He must be trying to convince people to let him talk.

Ask him if I can bribe him with an itty bitty airplane part????
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    This is why I need to get a DVR. But I can't miss Lost.
    We need one too. I guess that I'll stay to 11:00 to see the South Park rerun.

Everybody knows......sing it with me!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Just a quick lunchtime check in and bump.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    people strugglin to try to watch lost?

i dont think ive really ever watched it why it was on tv...

i always get it from newzbin.com ...

it goes up pretty quickly... like 20 min (at most) after the show is on..
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    its pretty sad how they are building this little town where i live up like crazy, ripping out our trees to build more and more homes, but no schools, and can't seem to get the roads widened either. makes me want to move out in the middle of the woods somewhere, but if i lived long enough, the urban sprawl would probably catch up with me eventually.

i remember when nobody wanted to live here and now nobody will leave!!!
  • KertokovichKertokovich Posts: 193
    Thanks for the happy birthdays and yes lunch was good....feel too full to work now, but just got emailf romt he boss so staying lazy is out of the question. I will check back right before 5 here in central time and see if any news has dropped.

Play the South!!!!
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
    Dollpartz wrote:
    its pretty sad how they are building this little town where i live up like crazy, ripping out our trees to build more and more homes, but no schools, and can't seem to get the roads widened either. makes me want to move out in the middle of the woods somewhere, but if i lived long enough, the urban sprawl would probably catch up with me eventually.

i remember when nobody wanted to live here and now nobody will leave!!!
    I read somewhere that by 2030 most of the population will have moved to the "Sun Belt". The area where I grew up is nearly wall to wall developement now, as is the small town where my Grandparents lived. Sad, really.

Everybody knows this is nowhere.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Back to work now.Hopefully some news when I get back home.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    tybird wrote:
    I read somewhere that by 2030 most of the population will have moved to the "Sun Belt". The area where I grew up is nearly wall to wall developement now, as is the small town where my Grandparents lived. Sad, really.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

sounds about right! after spending most of my life on the gulf coast in the florida panhandle, i spent 12 years in the san francisco bay area. i couldnt get over how crowded it was out there, so when i moved back to florida, i was not expecting the growth that has happened here. it was such a shock and now when i go back home to ft walton beach/pensacola, it doesnt even look like the same place to me. they say you can't go back, and "they" are right!

my dream is to retire to the mountains some day, maybe oregon.....far away from the crowds
    Dollpartz wrote:
    sounds about right! after spending most of my life on the gulf coast in the florida panhandle, i spent 12 years in the san francisco bay area. i couldnt get over how crowded it was out there, so when i moved back to florida, i was not expecting the growth that has happened here. it was such a shock and now when i go back home to ft walton beach/pensacola, it doesnt even look like the same place to me. they say you can't go back, and "they" are right!

my dream is to retire to the mountains some day, maybe oregon.....far away from the crowds
    I understand about the Gulf Coast. I went on a vacation down to Destin in 1989, then did not go back until last year. Did not even recognize the place. What a travesty.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:

I'm going to Portugal... development of urban areas there is even worse than Florida. But the boonies are great there.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    SPALMA wrote:
    I'm going to Portugal... development of urban areas there is even worse than Florida. But the boonies are great there.

****sigh****
    still no news.....fuck :(
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    ****sigh****
    still no news.....fuck :(
    It will come like a thief in the night. No, I am not privy to any dates or locations. :(

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • chuwochuwo Posts: 43
    <delurk>

Hazel Bunny Bump, in honor of Tybird's siggy.

**Play the South**

<lurk>
    chuwo wrote:
    <delurk>

**Play the South**

<lurk>

welcome lurker
    chuwo wrote:
    <delurk>

**Play the South**

<lurk>
    Hazel-rah.....what a rabbit!!!! Fiver was cool, as Bigwig.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    I am a professional gigolo. 25 cents at a time. Tiring.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Dollpartz wrote:
    welcome lurker

Ever wonder how many people are out there just lurking and reading this thing. To use the whole Lost (popping up in the thread a lot) analogy, they are like the mysterious "Others".

I challenge all ye lurkers! Follow the example of the brave chuwo and show yourselves long enough to make one post in support of our worthy cause here. Then you can turn the cloaking device back on and never have to interact with us again until the day when you attack us. ;)

In fact, I have a proclimation to announce:

I, the reasonably honorable NCBRI, and speaking on behalf of the various contributors to this thread, do declare today March 7th to be Lurker Day. All lurkers are offered assylum on this day for the year 2007 and all years that follow. Please feel free to introduce yourselves, grab some pie and punch and post your desire to see PJ play your southern "backyard".

"Vive La Résistance."
    Brian
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    dang it..still nothing. Oh well, back to work.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Ice22Ice22 Posts: 48
    Ever wonder how many people are out there just lurking and reading this thing. To use the whole Lost (popping up in the thread a lot) analogy, they are like the mysterious "Others".

I challenge all ye lurkers! Follow the example of the brave chuwo and show yourselves long enough to make one post in support of our worthy cause here. Then you can turn the cloaking device back on and never have to interact with us again until the day when you attack us. ;)

I accept ....

Play the south! F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!

Play the south for my baby son who was born on Monday morning! A very young PJ fan.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Well, I am in Iowa. It is cold as hell and there is like 7 feet of snow on the ground. I am through with work today and am going to drink this misery away. I see I didn't miss any news.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Ice22 wrote:

I accept ....

Play the south! F-L-O-R-I-D-A!!!

Play the south for my baby son who was born on Monday morning! A very young PJ fan.

See, that's the spirit! Today is Lurker Day. Show yourselves for the cause!
    Brian
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    The wire is hot. Repeat, the wire is hot. Things are on the move finally.
    JTR wrote:
    Great news! Look forward to hearing more when the time is right.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • acidfuelacidfuel Posts: 153
    JTR wrote:

I wonder if they know that tomorrow is my B-Day??
    uhmmmm......
  • grjammergrjammer Posts: 385
    JTR wrote:

Thanks for the update!

Play the South! (so I can plan a roadtrip)
  • emc53emc53 Posts: 9
    I am waiting patiently just like the rest of you.
    JTR wrote:

This sounds promising...
    JTR wrote:

Sounds good. :)

The South Abides
    Brian