Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    therovertherover Posts: 88
    NCBRI wrote:
    Play Raleigh and we will let the boys drink their beverage of choice from Lord Stanley's Cup.

Oh yeah, you got that right! It's kinda funny that maybe NC's first pro championship will be in hockey. Freaking Hockey!?!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    SPALMA wrote:
    I agree and even mentioned it before. But was told (on the threads) that we should leave the 10c people alone, they had their hands full, were busy with the tour (for OTHER parts of the world). Basically, we should just shut up and wait. :(
    Actually, they have been planning & backed out of tours in different areas (inlcuding Florida) so it MIGHT just be a scheduling thing. I think they are holding off the South until closer to the elections.

I also think that we should hold the 1000th posting on this thread for PearlJuli, our most vocal Floridian. :)

All of us "southerners" are not in Florida.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    SPALMA wrote:
    I also think that we should hold the 1000th posting on this thread for PearlJuli, our most vocal Floridian. :)

haha :) I appreciate the nomination :D but I don't think I'm worthy of such an honor... :p hehe.

I think for the 1000th post, the thread starter should make a post in big red letters that contains all the names of the people who have signed this petition. As a sort of statement... :p

EDIT: oh! and the post would only contain names of the posters...and besides being posted here, it would be posted as its own thread. With the thread title being blank, or simply "................." and inside the thread there would only be names...

what do you think? :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    tigereyetigereye Posts: 17
    TexJam wrote:
    Im game.

me, too!
    I will live forever...you can't keep me here.

1.14.95*1.15.95*10.06.96*8.31.98*9.06.98*8.04.00*
    8.06.00*4.15.03*4.16.03*7.01.03*7.06.03*7.08.03*
    7.09.03*10.03.05*5.09.06*5.10.06*5.30.06*6.16.08
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    NCBRI wrote:
    Play Raleigh and we will let the boys drink their beverage of choice from Lord Stanley's Cup.

hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what a dominating game last night!
    c'mon PJ we're getting a little fed up.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    therover wrote:
    Oh yeah, you got that right! It's kinda funny that maybe NC's first pro championship will be in hockey. Freaking Hockey!?!

Hockey is awesome and hopefully they will win the cup and the Panthers will follow that up with a Super Bowl next season. We already have the monopoly on college basketball!
    Brian
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Bump to the front.

GO MAVS!!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Yeah, I'm bumping it again.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    I have really tried to keep a positive attitude about this but I am about to give up. I didn't vote for Bush and if I had known they weren't going to come anywhere near here I would have traveled. I know this has been said on here hundreds of times before but I had to say it. However, I will stay a loyal fan to what I consider the best rock band ever.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Florida bump!! You know you want to play Fla. Pearl Jam!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    Texas bump!!!!!!!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    i'll say goodnight with one of the greatest lines in a book, i read it last night and it just made me SMILE.

"I think I'll be a clown when I get grown," said Dill. "Yes, sir, a clown.... There ain't one thing in this world I can do about folks except laugh, so I'm gonna join the circus and laugh my head off." "You got it backwards, Dill," said Jem. "Clowns are sad, it's folks that laugh at them." "Well, I'm gonna be a new kind of clown. I'm gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks." ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 22
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    spinDrAtl wrote:
    If they come down South and I am able to go to several shows, I am pledging to do a ticket swap with someone, although not in Atlanta. That should be enough to get the guys down here!

86xxx

OK, I'm 126xxx and in Columbia, SC. I will want the closest two tickets for myself but after that, I'd love to trade with you! I really think this will happen, announcement or not......
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    it's good to see this thread is still going...so i just got home from the bar time for a good night bump
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    bump for VA/NC
    bump for the outdoor venues!!!!
    There's very little in life that's better than hearing release live during an early summer evening. -insert collective sigh here-
    Please Pearl Jam?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    just a wake up "BUMP"

come to NC, you won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    We are still waiting in Atlanta for the announcment. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    cookie5798cookie5798 Posts: 396
    i don't think this thread will ever die!!! We need PJ in Atlanta, we need our fix soon.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    i'll say goodnight with one of the greatest lines in a book, i read it last night and it just made me SMILE.

"I think I'll be a clown when I get grown," said Dill. "Yes, sir, a clown.... There ain't one thing in this world I can do about folks except laugh, so I'm gonna join the circus and laugh my head off." "You got it backwards, Dill," said Jem. "Clowns are sad, it's folks that laugh at them." "Well, I'm gonna be a new kind of clown. I'm gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks." ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird, Chapter 22

Grew up watching that movie every summer,(reel to reel) in the mountains with not tv reception. Finally read the book last year (40 years later). One of my favorites too.

Bump for the glorious South - what a history.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bump and be relentless!
    Brian
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Lunch time - "let's hear something from you ten club" BUMP!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    presenttentspresenttents Posts: 171
    i'm gonna kick off the weekend with the usual bumpity bump...i'll be out of town this weekend away from a computer, so I'll expect to see this thread at 1000+ when i get back...till we meet again
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • Options
    Bump for TX!

Play anything in Texas, Dallas preferred, again!
    BrainofJbourg
    MDM is RIFW cause I got ID in my tree
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    Play the south you pussies
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    bump for "relaxed but edgy".....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    therovertherover Posts: 88
    dangerboy wrote:
    bump for "relaxed but edgy".....

Haha, and there were enough people in the back to fill a small town!
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Starting the weekend letting PJ know we are still here. Can't wait to see 1000th post. Now I'm gonna go drink some good red wine and listen to some good music.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    cookie5798 wrote:
    i don't think this thread will ever die!!! We need PJ in Atlanta, we need our fix soon.

Hey hey, my my, this thread will NEVER die.... :D there's more to the South than meets the eye, hey hey, my my...
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    [size=+2] PJ please fly/parachute/surf or howeVer you guys get around just come on here to South Florida and surprise us all with a couple of PJ concerts. the pj fans will be waiting for you!...~[/size]

:D
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Here's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth!