Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    RedWine wrote:
    Please play the South...Anywhere in the South!!!....Nashville or Memphis would be nice....but I'll settle for Dallas, St Louis, Atlanta...Hell, just play the South!!!

Dyersburg, huh? Not to hi-jack this thread but I'll be in Union City for a week or two this summer for my job. Talk about a Small Town!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Flagg wrote:
    Dyersburg, huh? Not to hi-jack this thread but I'll be in Union City for a week or two this summer for my job. Talk about a Small Town!

are you talking about the south? hell, yeah, you are....so that's not hijacking the thread. i just took a look at the pj tweeter center thread that has like 8000 posts, and it looks like a bunch of locals just get together and discuss recipes and shit on that thread just to make the post count high and to have it stay near the top.....i think we could do the same....and nice pj reference with the "small town" thing....gotta keep it related, ya know....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    d
    a
    l
    l
    a
    s

please!!!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:
    d
    a
    l
    l
    a
    s

please!!!!!

i've seen them a couple times in dallas....smu 11/12/93....downtown, single slushy theory, in 98....saw them at south park in austin with the ramones in 95...all in all, some very good shows. texas has been very very good to me...

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:
    i've seen them a couple times in dallas....smu 11/12/93....downtown, single slushy theory, in 98....saw them at south park in austin with the ramones in 95...all in all, some very good shows. texas has been very very good to me...

Yeah I've seen them in TX many times...thats why I was stunned that they aren't coming here this time around, because all the shows i've seen have had great energy, sold out etc.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    mnrhynermnrhyner Posts: 11
    I can't believe that they are just going to skip this entire part of the country...keeping my fingers crossed.
  • Options
    I think they'll come around but it will probably be spring 07 or so before they do and I'm sure it will be limited dates....but i'm not risking it so Pittsburgh here i come!
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:
    I think they'll come around but it will probably be spring 07 or so before they do and I'm sure it will be limited dates....but i'm not risking it so Pittsburgh here i come!

the bad thing about the way it's going to work out is that many of us held off buying tickets etc to the currently scheduled shows in favor of spending the money on local shows....so we're not competing for 10c tix as much up north....by 07, all the people who bought fc's to the 06 north tour shows will have saved up and be ready to go for competing against us for 10c tix in the south....

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    dangerboy wrote:
    the bad thing about the way it's going to work out is that many of us held off buying tickets etc to the currently scheduled shows in favor of spending the money on local shows....so we're not competing for 10c tix as much up north....by 07, all the people who bought fc's to the 06 north tour shows will have saved up and be ready to go for competing against us for 10c tix in the south....

yeah that is a good point......

by the time they come around here it will be a year since the album was released about about 8 months since they toured north america

all the people from the east coast who had 8 shows given to them will have the itch to see them again and travel to the rest of the midwest and south
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    we could not go to letterman
    we cannot go to vh-1 storytellers
    we have no southern shows

so I guess I just have to go to Stone's house...because it is Stone's fault
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Atlanta. They love Atlanta. They produced several albums in Atlanta.

Plus they might want to go see the new Aquarium.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    Bump! Play the South!!!!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Raleigh 2003..........I Got Shit
    Raleigh 2006.........."I Got Shit"

I prefer the 2003 version
    Brian
  • Options
    They should Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park in Cary that shit would be sick. I know its kinda small but its an awesome place for shows I saw Ben Harper and Jack Johnson there.
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    bumpin-and goodnight
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    They should Koka Booth Amphitheatre at Regency Park in Cary that shit would be sick. I know its kinda small but its an awesome place for shows I saw Ben Harper and Jack Johnson there.

yeh...not big enough, but a cool venue....took my little boy to his first concert there...he was about a year and a half old, and i took him to see lisa marie presley open for chris isaak....we left after lmfp's set....got her setlist off the stage for him...

th_cimg0053.jpg
    th_cimg0057.jpg

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Wednesday night bumpity bump bump bump.......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Morning all.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Bump, can't let this thread sink to page 5.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    back to the front page, baby....

let's just get some idle pj/south chatter going in here, like in the tweeter center and other official petition type threads....

• Options
    Just doing my part to get PJ down here - NC, VA, SC, GA, etc.

I was sure it was just a matter of time before some southern dates were announced ...and now, I'm scared! My first show was in Charlotte in '96 and I've been lucky to see them 8 times since. I would love to celebrate my 10th anniversary show somewhere in the south!! Denver will be great, but I didn't buy 10C tix- I hoped to do that for a show(s) within driving distance!!

Please come back!!
  • Options
    vedhead19vedhead19 Posts: 89
    *Signs*
    are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?

can't escape from the common rule if you hate something, don't you do it too

• Options
    inhiding10inhiding10 Posts: 2
    Play Austin
    austins wrote:
    *Signing petition*

Play Dallas
    Play K.C.
    Play Memphis
    Play St. Louis
    Play Phoenix
    Play Atlanta
    Play Miami

Play Dallas
    Play Memphis
    Play K.C.
  • Options
    RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 138
    Play The South!!!!!
    The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?

--To Pearl Jam: PLAY THE SOUTH PLEASE!!

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Thursday bump and question for the 10C - why are you so silent on this subject? Have pity and give us a word or two of encouragement...
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Thursday bump and question for the 10C - why are you so silent on this subject? Have pity and give us a word or two of encouragement...

i have to admit that this is also the perplexing part of this whole situation for me....they issued a lovely apology to the grand rapids people....a grand total of a few dozen whose tickets were misdistributed....how about a little nugget of info for the THOUSANDS of ten club members in markets ignored by the tour? either tell us to be patient, or to fuck off......

• Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    dangerboy wrote:
    i have to admit that this is also the perplexing part of this whole situation for me....they issued a lovely apology to the grand rapids people....a grand total of a few dozen whose tickets were misdistributed....how about a little nugget of info for the THOUSANDS of ten club members in markets ignored by the tour? either tell us to be patient, or to fuck off......

Yep yep.

and bump! :) Play the South dammit!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    I bump
    therefore I am
    Brian
  • Options
    NCBRI wrote:
    I bump
    therefore I am

if a bump falls in the woods but there's nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?

• Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I am bummed my friends in Cleveland said that Ed said Cleveland was as close as MMJ ios going to get to a hometown show this tour--they are from Kentucky. Hope is fading.
    Touring Fan since 1996