Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Come On Pearl Jam How About A Florida Show!!! Mccready Play Us A Hometown Show!!! We Love You!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Please come to Columbia, SC, Greenville, SC or Charlotte, NC
  • Options
    Bedtime Bump
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    Personally, I LOVE the idea of Faith all hot and sweaty! But thats a whole other thread there. I would love to see them play there at some point. I really enjoyed hearing them indoors for the first time in Ashville. The outdoor shows are a great time, but I think the energy of an inside show can't be beat.

i agree....in a way, shed shows make the lawn feel like almost an afterthough...as if they just took out the back wall of the place so another 10,000 or so in the parking lot could see, too. then, of course, there's the noise levels....crowds sound louder on stage indoors, so the band i'm sure can tell a difference, too....

there's the rbc center in raleigh, but there's also the deandome in chapel hill, a friendlier place poitically speaking....did you hear that the city council impeached president bush a couple of weeks ago?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    Signed. Please. Thanks.
  • Options
    trinaragztrinaragz Posts: 4
    I'ts true that our weather sucks and it's very humid & hot, but ALOT of us
    LOVE Pearl Jam...I mean I come here everyday{almost} I listen to at least 1 hour a day...my husband and daughter even know the words by now....
    I live near Baton Rouge..but I'd be willing to drive to Dallas or Atlanta..
    what ever..just can't afford to fly to New York or Philly. Everyone, beg..
    Beg for a southern tour.....thanks Trina
    Don't call me daughter
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    i agree....in a way, shed shows make the lawn feel like almost an afterthough...as if they just took out the back wall of the place so another 10,000 or so in the parking lot could see, too. then, of course, there's the noise levels....crowds sound louder on stage indoors, so the band i'm sure can tell a difference, too....

there's the rbc center in raleigh, but there's also the deandome in chapel hill, a friendlier place poitically speaking....did you hear that the city council impeached president bush a couple of weeks ago?

Yeah, I read that about the whole Bush thing. Like I mentioned in another post somewhere in this thread, it doesn't get any more liberal than Chapel Hill. Would love to see PJ play the Smith Center, but the parking would be insane. I never hear of them holding any shows there anymore. I saw REM and the Smashing Pumpkins there back in the mid 90's and it was great, but I could just walk back to my dorm room. Hell they could play anywhere around here and Id be thrilled, RBC Center, Smith Center, Kenan/Carter Finley, Carmichael Auditorium, The Ritz, The Cradle, The Creek.........anywhere.
    Brian
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    trinaragz wrote:
    I'ts true that our weather sucks and it's very humid & hot, but ALOT of us
    LOVE Pearl Jam...I mean I come here everyday{almost} I listen to at least 1 hour a day...my husband and daughter even know the words by now....
    I live near Baton Rouge..but I'd be willing to drive to Dallas or Atlanta..
    what ever..just can't afford to fly to New York or Philly. Everyone, beg..
    Beg for a southern tour.....thanks Trina

They should come see us in the winter!!! What a x-mas present that could be!!! We have a new stadium in Charlotte. ;)
    Or better yet, I know the guy who runs/owns the Visualite Theatre and they could do a "southern fan club only" show! hehe

So, yeah, PJ please play the south. Cleveland was the only show I was able to get to, and I'm thankful for that. But, somehow, every time I leave a damn show, I want to go to another. Go figure. ;)
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    cassidpcassidp Posts: 31
    Have hope... we will see them when they are ready
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Here's my (one of 'em anyway) BUMP!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    monday bump!

c'mon PJ-south land is callin
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump (10 characters)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    T E X A S
    in
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i don't know, y'all, i'm starting to wanna give up....this vh-1 storytellers thing is like a dagger in the heart. so many regular shows (4 in new jersey alone, not to mention albany, philly, etc....), letterman, letterman aftershow, SNL, the irving, and now this....all these free shows....all these "ten club only" offers....every successive one is like another blow.....i'm sorry, i hate to be a downer...but this is really starting to get to me. it's like they want to rub our faces in it....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    Please play the south. Tampa please! We luv ya
  • Options
    abhi101cruabhi101cru Posts: 223
    please play Texas...BUMP!
    Sorry is the fool who trades his soul for a corvette, thinks he'll get the girl he'll only get the mechanic...

Atlantic City: 09/30/05, 10/01/05
  • Options
    ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,226
    Guys just do what I did. Buy tickets to Camden. Get a concert AND a road trip.
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    stiles22stiles22 Posts: 11
    dangerboy wrote:
    i don't know, y'all, i'm starting to wanna give up....this vh-1 storytellers thing is like a dagger in the heart. so many regular shows (4 in new jersey alone, not to mention albany, philly, etc....), letterman, letterman aftershow, SNL, the irving, and now this....all these free shows....all these "ten club only" offers....every successive one is like another blow.....i'm sorry, i hate to be a downer...but this is really starting to get to me. it's like they want to rub our faces in it....

I'm there with ya. I've barely even looked at the set lists, and haven't even thought about getting a bootleg. I'm starting to feel indifferent. Of course, that would completely change in a second if I had some hope...
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    dangerboy wrote:

ive commented in a couple threads about this and ive been pretty held back in what i have said and im not a negative person, but i think the person above me said it best...its like a stab in the heart....people keep saying wait until 2007 but in all honesty i dont think its going to happen...they are going to hit their money makers on the East Coast and West Coast, go overseas and take their ball and go home or back in the studio...
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFEBPH_4LIFE Posts: 43
    Come on, at least acknowledge us and let us know that you will play the South in 2007. That is all we are asking for.
    Austin 1995
    Dallas 2000
    Oklahoma City 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Dallas 2013
    OKC 2013
    Tulsa 2014
    Memphis 2014

"you can't be neutral on a moving train"
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    dangerboy wrote:

I'm starting to feel a little like that too. Apparently they don't give a shit about the southern US anymore, at least not enough to tell us what is going on.

Oh, well. Glad I'm going to Philly this weekend.

Bumping again for the cause.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    aumfcaumfc Posts: 85
    So, last US tour I was into every date and every setlist. I even started a website for Ten Club members to hook up with other members, see what seats other members had, and look at the stats on what songs the band had played so far on the tour (all of the things now available on other sites). I spent a lot of time and money putting all that together, mostly because I was excited about the tour and anxious to see the band when they made it to Birmingham and Atlanta.

I was on the boards every day. I would follow each show song by song. Now, the only reason I come to the board or the website is to see if they have finally announced a show near me. I've got no enthusiasm. I don't care how great the new album is, if I don't get to see the band live, it's pointless, to me anyway.

I just wonder how Ed would have felt if the The Who toured everywhere but near Chicago or Mike if Hendrix was around when he was a teenager and Jimi played everywhere but the North East. I bet they would be pretty damned disappointed, if not pissed-the-fuck-off.

This is bullshit. Even for those of us that could afford airfare to another city and afford to take off work, we didn't buy 10c tickets cause we thought they would be playing shows near us later this year. If they weren't planning to do that, they should have said so. Don't want to / can't play the South, fine; but at least give us a heads up.

Bullshit.

aumfc
  • Options
    bump for the cause..... play the south
  • Options
    soulshinesoulshine Posts: 120
    aumfc wrote:
    So, last US tour I was into every date and every setlist. I even started a website for Ten Club members to hook up with other members, see what seats other members had, and look at the stats on what songs the band had played so far on the tour (all of the things now available on other sites). I spent a lot of time and money putting all that together, mostly because I was excited about the tour and anxious to see the band when they made it to Birmingham and Atlanta.

I was on the boards every day. I would follow each show song by song. Now, the only reason I come to the board or the website is to see if they have finally announced a show near me. I've got no enthusiasm. I don't care how great the new album is, if I don't get to see the band live, it's pointless, to me anyway.

I just wonder how Ed would have felt if the The Who toured everywhere but near Chicago or Mike if Hendrix was around when he was a teenager and Jimi played everywhere but the North East. I bet they would be pretty damned disappointed, if not pissed-the-fuck-off.

This is bullshit. Even for those of us that could afford airfare to another city and afford to take off work, we didn't buy 10c tickets cause we thought they would be playing shows near us later this year. If they weren't planning to do that, they should have said so. Don't want to / can't play the South, fine; but at least give us a heads up.

Bullshit.

aumfc

I remember you and your site...it was very cool. Had a place to find/give a ticket....think we met in Pittsburgh.....

I'm disappointed too, but what can we do? Maybe they will come see us in the winter! Here's to HOPE!
    Deanna
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need ~ BenHarper

http://www.myspace.com/soulshine70
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    BUMP (10 characters)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Please Please Please do some wid-west/southern dates. St. Louis, KC, Indy, Nashville...anywhere just pleae
  • Options
    Yeah, I wanna go on a road trip this fall/winter...so come on!
    :D
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    BumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBumpBUMP!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    ozlifterozlifter Posts: 50
    Bump for OKLAHOMA.

If not Ok, at least a Dallas show would be nice.
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    I'd go back to Atlanta! They ROCKED HI-FI-BUYS in '03!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain