Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    abhi101cru wrote:
    haha, whats up with the hate man? I started the Texas thread!! It's not cuz I think we're our own country, cuz I don't!! Actually, given a choice, I'd probably live elsewhere, but you gotta play with the cards you're given.

Anyway, I started a Texas thread, cuz Juli started a West Palm Beach thread. So, if Florida can get they're own thread, then Texas can too!!

So, heres a BUMP for the WHOLE south.

Oh, and another reason why Texas deserves its own thread is cuz its so fucking big and it takes hours among hours to go to a show in another state, even a southern one...Hell, just going from one city to another takes too fucking long.

No HATE for Texas....just wondered if you figured you deserved one of your own since you've got the "biggest" of everything. That's what I hear anyway.... hey I want them to play all over the south so I can go to different places and see new people. Except for West Palm Beach, I fricking hate Florida (and I'm from there)

So here's a lunch time BUMP for the South - THE WHOLE SOUTH
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    wallacewallace Posts: 2
    Here's another signature for the south. I saw them in Chicago, but I would love to see them closer to home. Play Florida!!!!!
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    wallace wrote:
    I saw them in Chicago, closer to home.

Lucky duck!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Whipping_BoyWhipping_Boy Plantation, FL Posts: 138
    Especially South Florida. We need you down here! People are stuck in the 80's. Bad 80's. Is that an oximoron? I'm originally from Boston and there are a lot of people from the northeast who moved down here and we want our Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Friday Bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Options
    Galaxie2X4Galaxie2X4 Posts: 151
    2 in WPB, 1 in Tampa, and why not one in the Miami area.

signed,
    upset former Minnesotan
    "My Cadillac's sittin in the back, it isn't me, I'm going home in my Galaxy"
    S. Hoon

"My body's nobody's body but mine. You run your own body, let me run mine" Chicago '95

Franken '08
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    play the south and the crowds won't let you down like the spoiled, over-played-to northeastern/midwestern lame-o's you've seen the last few nights!!

that's what happens when boston EXPECTS AND GETS 3 shows, and NYC EXPECTS AND GETS LETTERMAN AND THE IRVING and chicago EXPECTS AND GETS multiple nights....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Especially South Florida. We need you down here! People are stuck in the 80's. Bad 80's. Is that an oximoron? I'm originally from Boston and there are a lot of people from the northeast who moved down here and we want our Pearl Jam.

Bad 80's is definitely an oxymoron!!!

Here I go again...........PLEASE COME TO FLORIDA, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ!!!!!
  • Options
    bump cuz it's relevant....

• Options
    gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
    my friday night bump, before hittin the hay!

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    I'm all in on this!! BUMP!
  • Options
    Yep, here I am again for a Friday nite BUMP!!
    COME ON DOWN BOYS
    Since the South has been slighted, we're going to be the best fucking fans you ever hoped to see.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    play south florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its My BLOOOOOOOOOOOD!
  • Options
    goodnight ya'll-hope the Grand Rapid show is going well-i'm beat-night.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!!!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    bump..........
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    bump bump bump bump
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    I don't think I've bumped specifically for the hometown. So, um, bump for Jacksonville.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    West Palm Beach!

Tampa!

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jimlastjimlast Posts: 4
    Bump...................
  • Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    bump..........
    Thank you.....our friend from the north.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    dinner time bump!!!!!

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    tampa tampa tampa bump bump bump!!! come on Pearl Jam we fuckin love you!!!!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • Options
    Atlanta bumpin again and speaking out - PLEASE when you play here, don't play in Phillips - unless you make the floor general admission :)
    Play the Tabernacle or Chastain Amphitheater, that would be fuckin AWESOME!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    BPH_4LIFE wrote:
    Alright, I have to vent. I know my actions will mean very little to a rich band like PJ.

But, I am going to boycott buying another from Pearl Jam until they announce a tour in the South. Last tour I bought 10 bootlegs. I buy their new album every time one comes out. I own two copies of TEN. I own 3 bootlegs from the 2000 tour and several other bootlegs like Aussie Dynamos and Chapters. I will not buy one PJ bootleg from this tour. Their blatant skipping of the South has hit me on a personal note.

I live in Little Rock. The nearest destinations are 10-12 hours by car, one way, or an expensive plane ticket plus car rental. I cannot afford to travel to Chicago, Denver, Minneapolis, etc. I could afford to travel to Memphis, Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, OKC, Austin, etc. They are shorter drives. I really would love to act like I have no responsibilities and just take a week off and travel and put myself into more debt. But, the reality is, I cannot afford to travel to any of the US destinations, Europe, or Australia.

I am personally offended by their actions. By the time they get to the South (2007?) the newness of the album will be well worn away and we will have to contend with those who have the money and just got to see PJ several times in the New England, Midwest, West Coast areas. By the time they get back to the states, everyone with a Ten Club membership or money to travel will pack stadiums in cities they would not go to otherwise.

I really enjoy the new album. Have several favorite songs. But, I will not give PJ another dollar until they show their fans in the South that they appreciate their patronage and will honor us with a live concert somewhere in several Southern cities.

I would love to see the outrage if their "world tour" was only played in Florida, Georgia, NC, SC, Texas, etc and they completely skipped NYC, Chicago, LA, etc. I could care less about the rumors of their frustration b/c shows were not sold out or several Southern states voted for GWB. But, that is nothing more than excuses.

BTW Pearl Jam. I voted for Clinton boths times, Gore, and then Kerry. But, I really do not give a crap if that makes you smile or makes you frown. It is a matter of self opinion, not a so called rumor or reason to skip cities with thousands of fans that want to appluade you and sing along.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss.

Listen to Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    With all the ticket controversy, I'm seeing this thread get pushed back more and more. I promise if the band plays the south I won't bitch about my seat, I'll just be happy to be in the building. :)
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    ok, so the chili peppers played at the race in charlotte last night....take a hint from your long-time friends and come on down for some southern hospitality!! you won't be disappointed in the crowds like the complacent entitlement crowd you've been getting the last couple of weeks....

• Options
    I'll sign the petition also. Hopefully other missed places will be added as well. October is still open and a good time to be in the South and Southwest! :)
    Chris

It's nice in the desert....please play here PJ!
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    dangerboy wrote:
    if the weather is even part of the issue....please note that we have indoor arenas and indoor bathrooms. we know it's the 21st century.....

for example, tim mcgraw/faith hill is in the rbc center on june 9th....couldn't have faith all sweaty, now, could we?

Personally, I LOVE the idea of Faith all hot and sweaty! But thats a whole other thread there. I would love to see them play there at some point. I really enjoyed hearing them indoors for the first time in Ashville. The outdoor shows are a great time, but I think the energy of an inside show can't be beat.
    Brian
  • Options
    stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Sunday Bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'