***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Happy Mardi Gras from Mobile, AL, the original home of Mardi Gras, to all PJ fans . I ride in a week and can't wait. An announcement of PJ playing in Tampa and West Palm would make it even better.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • EisiEisi Posts: 61
    Very classy to post this. I wish PJ would play in the South soon and I also wish I could visit Iceland. I have heard it is beautiful.
    It is quite beautiful :) The music scene is blossoming and we do have some good bands. It´s not just Björk or Sigur Rós.

I urge you, if you have any interest at all, to check out the icelandic band Dikta at http://www.myspace.com/dikta they are awesome. Also, if theres any interest after listening to Dikta, you might like a band called Dead Sea Apple.... http://www.myspace.com/deadseaapple

And again, my deepest apologies
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Eisi wrote:
    My deepest apologies to all concerning. Didn´t know that my post would get this reaction, allthough i should have known. The last thing i wanted to do was to get people mad or to be negative.

Guess i´m just frustrated. I live in the most expensive country in the world. It´s supposed to be free and there is supposed to be democracy..... Well, that isn´t always the case. For me, the Copenhagen show, including ticket, flight and hotel will cost me around 2000 us$. And that´s a 3 day trip. For me, thats a bit to much, but i´m still willing to pay that just to see Pearl Jam.

Last year Pearl Jam didn´t come to any country in Scandinavia, and that was their´e first european tour in six years. So i went to Berlin and the trip cost 2,500 us$. But it was worth it, and well that.

I saw somebody saying that i should just "reach into my deep pockets" and go see a show...... well not knowing if it was out of irony or not i´m going to tell you something about Iceland.

There is a president in Iceland but unlike the US president, he isn´t connected to any party, he isn´t a Democrat or a Republican. And not being connected to any party makes him useless quite frankly. He´s just there to to welcome other world leaders and throw dinner party´s for them. Iceland is run by a government called Alþingi. And to make a long story short, they make the rules however they want. For ex when Iceland declared support to USA in the war on Iraq.... That was decided by two men......... We didn´t get any say in the matter. Please remember, Iceland has never had an army of any kind, allthough the USA had a military base here until last year. So if the people in Iceland would have been asked to support George W Bush in his mission to destroy the world, the people would have said NO.

There are a lot of things strange in Iceland. The voting age is 18, when your 18 you can vote on who´s gonna run the country, but you can´t buy a drink unless your´e 20..... They trust you to choose the future of the country when your´e 18, but they don´t trust you to handle a drink unless your´e 20.

I could go on and on about this stupid country. And i know that the facts above don´t excuse me from what i said in the earlier post, but maybe you are a little closer to knowing a little something about Iceland.

I would really like to see Pearl Jam play the south, not saying i don´t.

Best Regards, Eisi, the one who talks before he thinks :(

I was going to submit a long dissertation on the similarities between your government and ours, but this is the wrong thread for political discussion. Instead, I'll just say:

~Play the South sometime~

And oh, it cost me a couple thousand bucks to go out to the Gorge. Iceland isn't the only country where things are expensive.

You see the passion on this thread - so don't MESS WITH THE SOUTH!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Eisi wrote:
    My deepest apologies to all concerning. Didn´t know that my post would get this reaction, allthough i should have known. The last thing i wanted to do was to get people mad or to be negative.

Guess i´m just frustrated. I live in the most expensive country in the world. It´s supposed to be free and there is supposed to be democracy..... Well, that isn´t always the case. For me, the Copenhagen show, including ticket, flight and hotel will cost me around 2000 us$. And that´s a 3 day trip. For me, thats a bit to much, but i´m still willing to pay that just to see Pearl Jam.

Last year Pearl Jam didn´t come to any country in Scandinavia, and that was their´e first european tour in six years. So i went to Berlin and the trip cost 2,500 us$. But it was worth it, and well that.

I saw somebody saying that i should just "reach into my deep pockets" and go see a show...... well not knowing if it was out of irony or not i´m going to tell you something about Iceland.

There is a president in Iceland but unlike the US president, he isn´t connected to any party, he isn´t a Democrat or a Republican. And not being connected to any party makes him useless quite frankly. He´s just there to to welcome other world leaders and throw dinner party´s for them. Iceland is run by a government called Alþingi. And to make a long story short, they make the rules however they want. For ex when Iceland declared support to USA in the war on Iraq.... That was decided by two men......... We didn´t get any say in the matter. Please remember, Iceland has never had an army of any kind, allthough the USA had a military base here until last year. So if the people in Iceland would have been asked to support George W Bush in his mission to destroy the world, the people would have said NO.

There are a lot of things strange in Iceland. The voting age is 18, when your 18 you can vote on who´s gonna run the country, but you can´t buy a drink unless your´e 20..... They trust you to choose the future of the country when your´e 18, but they don´t trust you to handle a drink unless your´e 20.

I could go on and on about this stupid country. And i know that the facts above don´t excuse me from what i said in the earlier post, but maybe you are a little closer to knowing a little something about Iceland.

aww! ((hug)) i know what it's like to speak out in anger. i do it all the time! :D anyway, i've never seen pearl jam in concert and this tour i was finally gonna get to see them....and they didn't come! :( i really hope they play the south and now i really hope they play Iceland! maybe you should start a thread...!;) i'd support you and i would post on that thread.

now back to why i was on here in the first place:

PLEASE play the SOUTH!! we love you and we need to see you in concert!
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Eisi wrote:
    How about getting up of your fat asses and travel to see the band??????

I don´t feel the least bit sorry for you southerners. I live in Iceland and there isn´t a chance that i will get to see Pearl Jam in my country.... let alone anywhere near my hometown.

Be thankful, be respectful, be appreciative. Although i haven´t got many posts to my name, i´ve been following this thread for a while and this is just getting ridiculous.

Best regards. Eisi, The Icelandic Viking........maybe not, i don´t even like to eat whales.......

thanks! while i was extremely offended by your "fat asses" comment, apology accepted wholeheartedly! maybe if we get some shows in the south, you can come down here and enjoy some of our nice warm weather. in the mean time, feel free to bump our thread any time, we appreciate the support!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    here is my daily post.I hope this little thread is gonna be noticed soon.Iam waiting on pins and needles.PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    play the south play the south play the south south south....play the south play the south play the south south south...play the south play the south play the south south south plaaaaaaaaaaay the soooouuuttthhh play the south!!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    Oh, please won't you..................

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Dollpartz wrote:
    thanks! while i was extremely offended by your "fat asses" comment, apology accepted wholeheartedly! maybe if we get some shows in the south, you can come down here and enjoy some of our nice warm weather. in the mean time, feel free to bump our thread any time, we appreciate the support!

my husband loves my "fat ass" :)
    Keeps him warm on those cold nights.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    JTR wrote:
    One last thought - do you think they would ramp up the crew and everything that goes with that to play a few shows in Europe? Two band members will have their children in the spring and then Europe onto US "weird progression" stops until The Bridge School Benefit and then go into the studio. Weird Progression is the tour order and venue selection.

Just how weird are we talking here? Weird as in size of venue or weird as in location of venue? Cause, if we are talking really weird venues, then, you know, my living room is still in the conversation right? I think that would fit the classification. The way things have gone, me watching the rumored 3 DVD set on my DVD player in my living room might be the closest I get. ;)

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY ICELAND ~
    Brian
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~ THEN
    ~ PLAY ICELAND ~

nice touch, brian. added a small qualifier if you don't object

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    yeah its not happenin as soon as any one is hoping ;)
    Eisi wrote:

It takes a real Viking to step up and apologize like that. We are all on the same team here as fans of this band.
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

and possibly Iceland, MSG, Alaska and Canada (especially Halifax!!)
    dangerboy wrote:
    nice touch, brian. added a small qualifier if you don't object

As long as we get some PJ love in the big 07 I will be happy. But, yeah, the sooner the better dude!
    Brian
    yeah its not happenin as soon as any one is hoping ;)

I heard that there will not be any announcements for a couple of months and then end of summer concerts (maybe).

SPALMA wrote:
    I heard that there will not be any announcements for a couple of months and then end of summer concerts (maybe).

I highly doubt it... if they were gonna do anything significant in the south (for summer/end of summer) im pretty sure we would have heard about it...

then again, who knows! I got used to them giving everyone plenty of time to prepare themselves properly, i keep forgetting that things are up in the air for now.
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
    hey guys,

I just started an ipetition to help gather "names" of individuals whom want PJ to play the south. I'm hoping we get enough to present to Rubysdad.

If you are interested, please take a moment to join onto this.

This should give us a "count" of how many people in the south want a show, and where they are.

Thanks! We'll get them down here soon! :D
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/PJSOUTH
    ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
    *NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
    *MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
    *Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
    *Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
    *Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
    *VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
    *EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
    *Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    I highly doubt it... if they were gonna do anything significant in the south (for summer/end of summer) im pretty sure we would have heard about it...

then again, who knows! I got used to them giving everyone plenty of time to prepare themselves properly, i keep forgetting that things are up in the air for now.

IF they are gong to be here end of summer/fall... I wouldn't expect to hear anything until this summer. At least not until April or so... that is, IF they are coming.

• Please come to Florida, or al least somewhere within reasonable driving distance!

A while back there was talk about some dates in the spring, does anyone think they might still squeeze us in before going to Europe, or is that extremely wishful thinking?
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Please come to Florida, or al least somewhere within reasonable driving distance!

A while back there was talk about some dates in the spring, does anyone think they might still squeeze us in before going to Europe, or is that extremely wishful thinking?

I'm thinking/hoping after....
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    Play The South!! Please!!
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    SPALMA wrote:
    IF they are gong to be here end of summer/fall... I wouldn't expect to hear anything until this summer. At least not until April or so... that is, IF they are coming.

that may very well be the case....