Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    fuck

play the south!!!!!!
  • weenie wrote:
    He's a favorite too. Love all the Brahmins. One of Emerson's descriptions of him: "He lived for the day, not cumbered and mortified by his memory. If he brought you yesterday a new proposition, he would bring you today another not less revolutionary."

Tell me about Daniel Quinn - don't know about him - and I really like your signature.

~Play the South sometime~

Thanks gardenlover. :)

read ishmael my friend. great read-everyonr i have talked to that has read this book has taken something different from it

http://www.ishmael.org
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    fuck

play the south!!!!!!

So now you want them to fuck and play the South????? Sounds a little greedy on your part to me. ;)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Shhhhh.....we're sneaking upon 7100 posts.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    bumping back to the top.Found this on page 2.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Good morning friends!!!

Bump for the south!!!
  • Just do it, I know you want to.
    Just play the south, please.
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    read ishmael my friend. great read-everyonr i have talked to that has read this book has taken something different from it

http://www.ishmael.org

Thanks for the link, I'll def get it. I've heard a lot about the book but didn't know the author.

Have a good one-

Oh, and bump for the South~~~~~~~~~!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • you areyou are Posts: 1,651
    come to the south, please! you know you want to. we've got crazy weather down here, but we still love you and that's what matters, right? like you said, all we need is love!

all this begging and pleading is making me crazy! :o
    No need to be void, or save up on life...
    You got to spend it all
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bump for all those who are annoyed by this thread.
    Still haven't figured out why they care.

"I'd rather die for speaking out, than to live and be silent".
    - Fan Zhongyan, 988-1052

~ FLY SOUTH LITTLE BIRDIE, FLY SOUTH ~
    ~ FLY SOUTH LITTLE BIRDIE, FLY SOUTH ~
    Brian
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    tybird wrote:
    So now you want them to fuck and play the South????? Sounds a little greedy on your part to me. ;)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Shhhhh.....we're sneaking upon 7100 posts.

har har har
    har har har
    Come on...........it made you chuckle, now, didn't it??????

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

7100+ posts and growing..........
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    There is a rumor over on Myspace....do i dare to print it over here?
    I just read this in a bulletin over on MySpace....have not tried to verify the source yet. If this is true, we all have a lot to smile about!

"so if this is true ~ pearl jam fans related

Body: soooo awesome...best smile i have had in days...had to repost...

According to The Music Scene Newsletter...check out the last paragraph. You KNOW Boston will be involved:

More developments on the PEARL JAM front. As reported by MusicScene late last year, the band has revealed their plans to release a 3-DVD set covering their mammoth 2006 World Tour.

We can confirm that the set will be a compilation-style format, much like their previous DVD release 'Touring Band 2000' (2000). The box set will hit stores sometime in May.

We are also excited to announce that they will return to the stage for an exclusive string of European and US shows in mid-2007!

To open their return of Europe, PEARL JAM will make their third appearance at the Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands in May, followed by slots at the Rock Im Park and Rock Am Ring Festivals in Germany. After winding their way up through Denmark, Sweden and Poland they will be ready to rock the UK for four huge shows, concluding in London on June 21st.

We understand that a number of major venues in cities along the US East and South-East coast, including Tampa, West Palm and Atlanta, have been booked by the band. More details soon."
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I just read this in a bulletin over on MySpace....have not tried to verify the source yet. If this is true, we all have a lot to smile about!

"so if this is true ~ pearl jam fans related

Body: soooo awesome...best smile i have had in days...had to repost...

According to The Music Scene Newsletter...check out the last paragraph. You KNOW Boston will be involved:

More developments on the PEARL JAM front. As reported by MusicScene late last year, the band has revealed their plans to release a 3-DVD set covering their mammoth 2006 World Tour.

We can confirm that the set will be a compilation-style format, much like their previous DVD release 'Touring Band 2000' (2000). The box set will hit stores sometime in May.

We are also excited to announce that they will return to the stage for an exclusive string of European and US shows in mid-2007!

To open their return of Europe, PEARL JAM will make their third appearance at the Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands in May, followed by slots at the Rock Im Park and Rock Am Ring Festivals in Germany. After winding their way up through Denmark, Sweden and Poland they will be ready to rock the UK for four huge shows, concluding in London on June 21st.

We understand that a number of major venues in cities along the US East and South-East coast, including Tampa, West Palm and Atlanta, have been booked by the band. More details soon."

*sigh* all these rumors are fucking killing me!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    *sigh* all these rumors are fucking killing me!!!

I KNOW!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to post it though, cuz if it is true, Tampa and West Palm....oh please let it be true!!!!

I'm still trying to verify the source, not having much luck finding a Music Scene Newsletter.

If the person who posted this on MySpace is making this up, I am gonna fly to Detroit and kick some ass ;-)
    Dollpartz wrote:
    I KNOW!!!!!!!

Sorry, I had to post it though, cuz if it is true, Tampa and West Palm....oh please let it be true!!!!

I'm still trying to verify the source, not having much luck finding a Music Scene Newsletter.

If the person who posted this on MySpace is making this up, I am gonna fly to Detroit and kick some ass ;-)

this was actually posted some weeks back on these boards...if you do a search I'm sure you can find the threads about it. Apparently nobody could ever confirm the "music scene newsletter"
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    this was actually posted some weeks back on these boards...if you do a search I'm sure you can find the threads about it. Apparently nobody could ever confirm the "music scene newsletter"

Really?

I thought it was to good to be true :-(

Sorry, got a little excited there for a minute.

Carry on.
    yield2me wrote:

yep, you are absolutely right, I did a search and found the thread from january. same rumor, just apparently finding its way around MySpace now.

dammit.
    Dollpartz wrote:
    yep, you are absolutely right, I did a search and found the thread from january. same rumor, just apparently finding its way around MySpace now.

dammit.

sorry :(
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Late lunchtime bump......
    wow, weather in the ATL is awesome today! I'm getting Spring fever.....and I've had JAM fever for a long while...

~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Another lunchtime bump.Hope these mid 2007 rumors are true.We need some southern shows sooooooo bad.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    oh yea, we need some shows down here real bad.

wondering how long this thread will go on?
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Dollpartz wrote:
    oh yea, we need some shows down here real bad.

wondering how long this thread will go on?

thinking its feb....so I'll keep it up till about may...if they've not said anything by then...think we just need to save up or change and go see them up north...oh well.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • haven't posted here in a while. now i have. play the south.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    haven't posted here in a while. now i have. play the south.
    Nice of you to drop by..........you're more than welcome to post here anytime you like...........:)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    haven't posted here in a while. now i have. play the south.

SEEEEE....yet another Southerner to support the cause. Welcome!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!
    This is My 1000th Post!

(that is all)