I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    you are wrote:
    wait! are you from chapel hill, tn? i'm from marshall county too! ;) that is, if you're from there. wow, small world. who are you?

play the south!!

No I'm from the Chapel Hill in North Carolina. I was referring to my Carolina Hurricanes. See my sig for more on that.
    Brian
    JTR wrote:
    Listen listen. Don't be so negative. Believe. It's coming. And just remember who brought it first.

Im on the "believe bandwagon". Just how much longer will we wait? You know what waiting can do.
    Brian
    tybird wrote:
    Dude...........there's no competing against a Saber-toothed tiger for my affection (it's actually a contest for second, my wife is unassailable at #1)......a Wooly Mammoth might come close....or maybe a Wooly Rhinoceros, but Saber-tooths rule!!!!!

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

where Ice Age Mammals once roamed.

That brings up a good point. Who would win in a fight? A saber-toothed tiger or a Cat 5 Hurricane. And on a personal note, I have always been a T-Rex fan when it comes to extinct animals.
    Brian
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky

he's in the people's republic of chapel hill in north carolina....

Ha, Ha, yes I have heard that name bandied about when referring to Chapel Hill. Seems like a match made in heaven for a PJ show!
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    That brings up a good point. Who would win in a fight? A saber-toothed tiger or a Cat 5 Hurricane. And on a personal note, I have always been a T-Rex fan when it comes to extinct animals.
    Apples to oranges, man, apples to oranges.............I remember going to WHA games (The Birmingham Bulls!!!!) in the late 1970's that featured your franchise, then known as the New England Whalers. That's when Gordie Howe was playing for them. They were a hated rival.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

almost forgot the tag line.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    Ha, Ha, yes I have heard that name bandied about when referring to Chapel Hill. Seems like a match made in heaven for a PJ show!

"Left of center, Right at home"

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • pearl jam should play in the south. more specifically, columbia, SC.

not because that's where i live or anything. It's just that there is a bar here called bar none where they play pearl jam songs all the freakin' time. those guys would freak out if the guys from pearl jam stopped by and played a little surprise show. *wink wink nudge nudge
    this heart's on fire
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    Speaking of Nashvill Predators Hockey.............they made a deal with my Canes today. Joe Vasicek for Erik Belanger. The Czech Condor returns to The Triangle!
    Brian
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    pearl jam should play in the south. more specifically, columbia, SC.

not because that's where i live or anything. It's just that there is a bar here called bar none where they play pearl jam songs all the freakin' time. those guys would freak out if the guys from pearl jam stopped by and played a little surprise show. *wink wink nudge nudge

Where is this bar? I have to travel to Columbia in May, I think.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Friday afternoon, going home and begin the weekend BUMP!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Drives to the net....S L A M B U M P!!!!!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    2nd page rescue effort

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    And I grew up in Durham (Derm).

BUMP.
    JTR wrote:
    And I grew up in Durham (Derm).

BUMP.

didja now? ever listen to 96 rock or 106?

nice touch adding the proper pronounciation....most outsiders say dorrum

• SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Buuuuuuump.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

• whulmefwhulmef Posts: 176
    106.1 doesnt exist anymore, I think it is country now. 96 rock played the holliday single "Love reign over me". They said they were going to play a new pearl jam cover and later I heard the crackling of vinyl over the radio and got really excited.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    bump...anyone else here in the NC/SC area going to see My Morning Jacket in Asheville next month?
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    whulmef wrote:
    106.1 doesnt exist anymore, I think it is country now. 96 rock played the holliday single "Love reign over me". They said they were going to play a new pearl jam cover and later I heard the crackling of vinyl over the radio and got really excited.

i worked at both stations....106 for about 5 years 93 to 98, and 96 rock 98 to 2004. they downloaded reign o'er me from somewhere....i've been hitting jj up for a promo single, but so far he says they haven't gotten one....

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    unofficial sticky

bump for those of us at home or at work on a friday instead of out ___________ (somebody please tell me what the latest hip phrase for "going out" is! getting your freak on? painting the town red?)

• bumpin it fer maverick spinnin' those lonesome country tunes......sorry pal

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪