***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    JTR wrote:
    The little birdy will chirp soon! She will.

Bumpitty bump.

Yes, but you said in some earlier posts that they were playing a "few festivals this summer" and there would be no tour. That "writing was at the forefront" of their plans.

So which is it?

People on this thread really shouldn't have to deal with any more purported "knowledge" of a tour announcement that isn't actually real. Everybody's been through enough already.

I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just saying that people on this thread have had their hopes rise and then crushed several times over the past year. Please don't post any news unless you know it to be absolutely true.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    gonna have to disagree...

its way easier to get my ass to philly than it is canada;p

but seriously, anywhere other than here is gonna be a smack in the face :P
    Easier to Philly, yes. But I have no plans whatsoever to visit Philly or Boston (unless We're flying through on our way to Halifax). Just two cities that I have no interest in visiting.........even for a Pearl Jam concert.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Just keeping this on page 1. Hoping to hear something soon.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    " In the game of life, it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season."
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    "Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing."

~ FIRST RULE IS: DONT TALK ABOUT NOT PLAYING THE SOUTH ~
    ~ SECONG RULE IS: DONT TALK ABOUT NOT PLAYING THE SOUTH ~
    Brian
  • goldstargoldstar Posts: 256
    sign THE petition!!!
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/pearljam_to_israel/index.html

10/03/05 philadelphia
    05/09/06 toronto
    05/10/06 toronto
    06/01/06 e. rutherford
    06/03/06 e. rutherford
    09/30/06 athens
    06/12/07 munich
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    tybird wrote:
    Easier to Philly, yes. But I have no plans whatsoever to visit Philly or Boston (unless We're flying through on our way to Halifax). Just two cities that I have no interest in visiting.........even for a Pearl Jam concert.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

haha yeah... i wouldnt either if i didnt have family there;p
    haha yeah... i wouldnt either if i didnt have family there;p
    I have family in Colorado Springs.............I would go there or Denver.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    I have family in Colorado Springs.............I would go there or Denver.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

Maybe a show in Denver at the end of March. I will be there skiing, might as well take in a show....in my dreams.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    slow day at work so here's a bump for my favorite thread
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    and here's another bump since its tuesday...now off to the goods section to check out the new tshirt designs
    Maybe a show in Denver at the end of March. I will be there skiing, might as well take in a show....in my dreams.
    My wife has done the skiing thing, I have not.............I would be too busy birding if I was in Colorado. :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    tybird wrote:
    My wife has done the skiing thing, I have not.............I would be too busy birding if I was in Colorado. :D

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

We just bought my Mother-in-law a new bird feeder and she is really enjoying it. Lots of Cardinals which are her favorite.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • I'm ready for some SOUTHERN tour news...........

Please play the South!!!!!!!

and soon
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
    We just bought my Mother-in-law a new bird feeder and she is really enjoying it. Lots of Cardinals which are her favorite.
    Lots of them there cardinals around here.............

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    bump!
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Fingers crossed
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • it doesn't have to be so adversarial, just accept that geography doesn't dictate the individual's politics--the days of coersion are at an end! Stand up to the tyranny of seperatism and join us in the south. Excluding us because of where we live is small, no matter the justness in your minds. I've loved you since I was old enough to manage a manual transmission, and can finally afford to see you when you come around. So come on...around the bend. That's it, I see you now. Thank you.
  • bump it and hurry up!

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. ~Henry David Thoreau

went with some henry david tonight.
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    Lots of them there cardinals around here.............

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~

they're the state bird here

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    it is a dear and lovely disposition, and a most valuable one, that can brush away indignities and discourtesies and seek and find the pleasanter features of an experience

samuel clemens

dangerboy wrote:
    they're the state bird here
    I believe that they are the State Bird for 21 different states.........a popular choice it seems. The Northern Mockingbird is the second most popular selection. Our State Bird is based on a civil war legend regarding something Rebel soldiers from our state wore on their uniforms. It was a yellow bandanna or such, and they were called "yellow hammers." Thus, our State Bird is the Northern Flicker or yellow hammer.

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    bump it and hurry up!

If a man walks in the woods for love of them half of each day, he is in danger of being regarded as a loafer. But if he spends his days as a speculator, shearing off those woods and making the earth bald before her time, he is deemed an industrious and enterprising citizen. ~Henry David Thoreau

went with some henry david tonight.

He's a favorite too. Love all the Brahmins. One of Emerson's descriptions of him: "He lived for the day, not cumbered and mortified by his memory. If he brought you yesterday a new proposition, he would bring you today another not less revolutionary."

Tell me about Daniel Quinn - don't know about him - and I really like your signature.

~Play the South sometime~

Thanks gardenlover. :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • dangerboy wrote:
    it is a dear and lovely disposition, and a most valuable one, that can brush away indignities and discourtesies and seek and find the pleasanter features of an experience

samuel clemens
    yer head hurt after that?!?!...those are some of the biggest words I've seen you string together in 20 years...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    yer head hurt after that?!?!...those are some of the biggest words I've seen you string together in 20 years...

i didn't string em, mark twain did.

• dangerboy wrote:
    i didn't string em, mark twain did.

Whew...we're all still safe then...I thought there had been some kind of warp in the space / time continuum when I saw that...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers