The South is Much Obliged
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    I know you're all starting to see the froth come up from venue discussions (see Dollypartz) and want you to know that I would announce the dates except that I would get id. Please be patient, but remember to say thanks to the guy from Nashville who broke it first.

This song is about "faith that everything will work out".
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    JTR wrote:
    I know you're all starting to see the froth come up from venue discussions (see Dollypartz) and want you to know that I would announce the dates except that I would get id. Please be patient, but remember to say thanks to the guy from Nashville who broke it first.

well I will go ahead and thank you now, even though you didn't answer my PM :) Play the south!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JTR wrote:

yea, I'm still very sorry for posting that rumor before I did some more digging, but something tells me that we won't be forgotten this time around. i have gone from "pissymistic" back to faithfull.
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • JTRJTR Posts: 347
    One last thought - do you think they would ramp up the crew and everything that goes with that to play a few shows in Europe? Two band members will have their children in the spring and then Europe onto US "weird progression" stops until The Bridge School Benefit and then go into the studio. Weird Progression is the tour order and venue selection.
  • EisiEisi Posts: 61
    How about getting up of your fat asses and travel to see the band??????

I don´t feel the least bit sorry for you southerners. I live in Iceland and there isn´t a chance that i will get to see Pearl Jam in my country.... let alone anywhere near my hometown.

Be thankful, be respectful, be appreciative. Although i haven´t got many posts to my name, i´ve been following this thread for a while and this is just getting ridiculous.

Best regards. Eisi, The Icelandic Viking........maybe not, i don´t even like to eat whales.......
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
    Eisi wrote:

I don´t feel the least bit sorry for you southerners. I live in Iceland and there isn´t a chance that i will get to see Pearl Jam in my country.... let alone anywhere near my hometown.

Be thankful, be respectful, be appreciative. Although i haven´t got many posts to my name, i´ve been following this thread for a while and this is just getting ridiculous.

Best regards. Eisi, The Icelandic Viking........maybe not, i don´t even like to eat whales.......

thanks for wasting your time on this thread...we appreciate it! And just for the record we don't feel sorry for you either
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Eisi wrote:

\
    and there are others that are just getting by...most fan members probably make less than 50K a year...so with trying to get by theres not much left to Travel with.....especially if you live in the country in which the band resides...so...rather than getting deep in debt..some simply want to have their band come within several hundred miles...got it. Been to your wonderful island...and fortunately didn't meet small minded individual such as you. I think its a tribute to the band that there are sooo many people showing their love...thats all this is...see you've been to many many shows...which dictates your income level.....so sing with me...."The haves don't have a fkn clue"

peace and go take a dip in one of your sulfur springs..you need it to chill...well after your post guess I do too.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Eisi wrote:

The majority of the stuff posted in this thread has been possitive. Its just a simple tool being used to raise awareness that we are hoping for some shows. The South was skipped durring last year's tour without notice. That has never been done on a PJ tour before. All we have set out to do from the beginning is show how much we love this band and want them to come back to our neck of the woods. If this "ridiculous" act is bothering you, then please feel free to browse other posts that have nothing to do with PJ Playing the South. I don't understand why it bothers people and why they would continue to "follow" it if it creates such a reaction in their cold little hearts.
    I hope PJ plays your back yard in Iceland some day. And unlike Tyra Banks, my ass is not fat. So there ya go.

You're warm with negativity,
    Yes, comfort is an energy,...
    But why let the sad song play?

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY ICELAND ~
    Brian
  • Dollpartz wrote:
    SEEEEE....yet another Southerner to support the cause. Welcome!

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!

thanks...i was here at the beginning and i'll be here till the end.
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
    ok, ENOUGH of this palaver..........Carolina vs. Duke.......enough said
    Brian
  • Eisi wrote:

is it true that iceland is really green and greenland is really ice? just wondering.

best regards,

presenttents the TN viking?
    4/18/03, 10/6/04, 9/11/05, 6/24/06, 6/16/08, ?
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    is it true that iceland is really green and greenland is really ice? just wondering.

best regards,

presenttents the TN viking?

its pretty barren....some parts look like the surface of the moon...do believe hummer did commercial there. It is beutiful though..and would highly recommend going. and all but one icelander is cool....wanna guess who isn't.
    (-:
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    ~Play the South sometime~

(despite what that grumpy Icelander said)
    Highest suicide rate in the world in Iceland by the way....... 6 months of darkness 24/7 and six months of sunlight 24/7. Highest alcoholism rate too - throw down this licorice tasting shit called Aquavit or something like that.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Eisi wrote:

how rude

are all icelanders/ice people/vikings as rude as you?

oh well, thanks for bumping our thread!
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    SO, anything new?

What's up with those rumors and stuff? wha? I feel like I'm missing something here.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Daily beggin's for a Florida show and all my Southern neighbors. Still Faithful
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • Play the South Already!!!!
    "Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond color straight to the mind and heart of all people." - Ben Harper
    Bumping for an end to a beautiful day in Chapel Hill. First, Butch Davis and company come out of nowhere to land a top 20 level recruiting class including the best DT in the country and 3 phenomenal WRs. Then it was topped off by a win over at Cameron tonight. The only thing that could make my smile any wider right now would be some good news about PJ making their way down here in the summer.
    Brian
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    Bumping for an end to a beautiful day in Chapel Hill. First, Butch Davis and company come out of nowhere to land a top 20 level recruiting class including the best DT in the country and 3 phenomenal WRs. Then it was topped off by a win over at Cameron tonight. The only thing that could make my smile any wider right now would be some good news about PJ making their way down here in the summer.

unofficial sticky

i hate to do it, and barking dogs will probably kill me, but since you bumped for us state fans the other day, i'll point out that probably the only thing better for carolina than beating state has got to be beating dook in cameron.

well played

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    dangerboy wrote:
    unofficial sticky

i hate to do it, and barking dogs will probably kill me, but since you bumped for us state fans the other day, i'll point out that probably the only thing better for carolina than beating state has got to be beating dook in cameron.

well played

Its true, we don't hate you guys. Well, maybe in football we do but not as much now that Chuckie is gone. I actually pull for State to do well in basketball. They are definately on the right track. Just wait till Sidney gets his recruits in there. I have debated this with State fans before. For a lot of them, its hard to understand that we don't hate them nearly as much as they do us. We bottle our hatred up and save it for Dook. If State fans could just take their hatred for Carolina and multiply it times 10. That is how Carolina and Dook fans feel about each others respective programs. But if you keep beating us like you did on Saturday, then that might have to change.
    Brian
  • EisiEisi Posts: 61
    My deepest apologies to all concerning. Didn´t know that my post would get this reaction, allthough i should have known. The last thing i wanted to do was to get people mad or to be negative.

Guess i´m just frustrated. I live in the most expensive country in the world. It´s supposed to be free and there is supposed to be democracy..... Well, that isn´t always the case. For me, the Copenhagen show, including ticket, flight and hotel will cost me around 2000 us$. And that´s a 3 day trip. For me, thats a bit to much, but i´m still willing to pay that just to see Pearl Jam.

Last year Pearl Jam didn´t come to any country in Scandinavia, and that was their´e first european tour in six years. So i went to Berlin and the trip cost 2,500 us$. But it was worth it, and well that.

I saw somebody saying that i should just "reach into my deep pockets" and go see a show...... well not knowing if it was out of irony or not i´m going to tell you something about Iceland.

There is a president in Iceland but unlike the US president, he isn´t connected to any party, he isn´t a Democrat or a Republican. And not being connected to any party makes him useless quite frankly. He´s just there to to welcome other world leaders and throw dinner party´s for them. Iceland is run by a government called Alþingi. And to make a long story short, they make the rules however they want. For ex when Iceland declared support to USA in the war on Iraq.... That was decided by two men......... We didn´t get any say in the matter. Please remember, Iceland has never had an army of any kind, allthough the USA had a military base here until last year. So if the people in Iceland would have been asked to support George W Bush in his mission to destroy the world, the people would have said NO.

There are a lot of things strange in Iceland. The voting age is 18, when your 18 you can vote on who´s gonna run the country, but you can´t buy a drink unless your´e 20..... They trust you to choose the future of the country when your´e 18, but they don´t trust you to handle a drink unless your´e 20.

I could go on and on about this stupid country. And i know that the facts above don´t excuse me from what i said in the earlier post, but maybe you are a little closer to knowing a little something about Iceland.

I would really like to see Pearl Jam play the south, not saying i don´t.

Best Regards, Eisi, the one who talks before he thinks :(
    Gordon Brown is fuckin' clown
    Eisi wrote:
    My deepest apologies to all concerning. Didn´t know that my post would get this reaction, allthough i should have known. The last thing i wanted to do was to get people mad or to be negative.

Guess i´m just frustrated. I live in the most expensive country in the world. It´s supposed to be free and there is supposed to be democracy..... Well, that isn´t always the case. For me, the Copenhagen show, including ticket, flight and hotel will cost me around 2000 us$. And that´s a 3 day trip. For me, thats a bit to much, but i´m still willing to pay that just to see Pearl Jam.

Last year Pearl Jam didn´t come to any country in Scandinavia, and that was their´e first european tour in six years. So i went to Berlin and the trip cost 2,500 us$. But it was worth it, and well that.

I saw somebody saying that i should just "reach into my deep pockets" and go see a show...... well not knowing if it was out of irony or not i´m going to tell you something about Iceland.

There is a president in Iceland but unlike the US president, he isn´t connected to any party, he isn´t a Democrat or a Republican. And not being connected to any party makes him useless quite frankly. He´s just there to to welcome other world leaders and throw dinner party´s for them. Iceland is run by a government called Alþingi. And to make a long story short, they make the rules however they want. For ex when Iceland declared support to USA in the war on Iraq.... That was decided by two men......... We didn´t get any say in the matter. Please remember, Iceland has never had an army of any kind, allthough the USA had a military base here until last year. So if the people in Iceland would have been asked to support George W Bush in his mission to destroy the world, the people would have said NO.

There are a lot of things strange in Iceland. The voting age is 18, when your 18 you can vote on who´s gonna run the country, but you can´t buy a drink unless your´e 20..... They trust you to choose the future of the country when your´e 18, but they don´t trust you to handle a drink unless your´e 20.

I could go on and on about this stupid country. And i know that the facts above don´t excuse me from what i said in the earlier post, but maybe you are a little closer to knowing a little something about Iceland.

At 18, one can vote and join the military in the U.S. Three years later, you can legally purchase alcohol. You get a slightly better deal. :)

~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
    ~ Play The South ~
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Eisi wrote:

Very classy to post this. I wish PJ would play in the South soon and I also wish I could visit Iceland. I have heard it is beautiful.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    SO, anything new?

What's up with those rumors and stuff? wha? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Juli, some guy came on here saying that he knows for a fact that PJ is confirmed to play the states again in July/August/Sep. so I pm'd him to ask how he knows this and he still hasn't gotten back to me, I think he's just trying to stir up shit, like that dipshit that posted about them returning to Montreal in August
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    JTR wrote:

Woo-hoo. Again I am putting everything I got into JTR's posts. I can't wait! Thanks in advance.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22