***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    An immature Northern Goshawk has been sighted in downtown Birmingham........time to go a'searching for that rare jewel in the South.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Reason # 6375 to start driftin back down south for some dates:

The suitcoats say, 'There is money to be made.'

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Damn I hate Fridays when I actually have to WORK! Missed all that good convo about Ireland. If anybody's going don't leave me behind....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

(the south of Ireland too......)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • tybird wrote:
    An immature Northern Goshawk has been sighted in downtown Birmingham........time to go a'searching for that rare jewel in the South.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

And here I thought I was the rare jewel of the South! :)

A good weekend to all! My old house finally sold, so now I have less room to put up concert guests, but as SPALMA says, we can always make a place on the floor! Just keep on posting and hoping!

Love,
    Day
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • weenie wrote:
    Damn I hate Fridays when I actually have to WORK! Missed all that good convo about Ireland. If anybody's going don't leave me behind....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

(the south of Ireland too......)

Aahhhh...the Friday workday in dear old Atlanta (I spent part of my childhood in Canton), where Buckhead bars start calling your name around noon....
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Interesting story. Look at how many people are leaving the north to head south, or west.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Real_estate_news/story?s=rytimes/item-aa839efe0742b585531810c0f1a65c6b.html
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    daystar143 wrote:

In spite of our feathered friends, it is clear that you are ADORED!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    purty please wif sugar and gum drops and sprinkles on top?

*bats eye lashes*
    Flagg wrote:
    Interesting story. Look at how many people are leaving the north to head south, or west.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/Real_estate_news/story?s=rytimes/item-aa839efe0742b585531810c0f1a65c6b.html

Development is RAMPANT down here, moved and manipulated by the same good ole boys selling off all their cow pastures (which for decades were taxed lower) to developers. Our poor little city has 4000 new home permits in the last 2 years. It is scary. Thank goodness I'll be retiring before it gets too crazy.

• SPALMA wrote:
    In spite of our feathered friends, it is clear that you are ADORED!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

LOL...it's a two-sided street, tho'. I'm pretty sure that if he didn't hang the moon and the stars, he at least helped. :)
    The Daystar

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    tybird wrote:
    That would be bird man.........have only birded the coastal areas near Houston, so I am not that familiar with the woodpeckers that hang out in your area. My first guess would be Red-Bellied Woodpecker. The second guess would be either Downy Woodpecker or Red-Headed Woodpecker. If you see a different species in the winter, it is probably the Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker. Yes, they suck sap from trees. The first three species are mainly hunting insects on your trees, but they will supplement their diet with nuts when available.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

on the one Bird Man (-; and the other does have some yellow in him and smaller. You bird watcher for fun....or living? Truely love nature..and especially birds. Oh and not to highjack....fellas you also love nature...come down south..check out some birds with Tybird and play some music for us unfortunate souls.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    on the one Bird Man (-; and the other does have some yellow in him and smaller. You bird watcher for fun....or living? Truely love nature..and especially birds. Oh and not to highjack....fellas you also love nature...come down south..check out some birds with Tybird and play some music for us unfortunate souls.
    Yellow, you say............It seems that Texas has a woodpecker that I am unfamiliar with..........the Golden-fronted Woodpecker. A Northern Flicker also has yellow under the wings.

Right birding is for fun/volunteering/academic......maybe one day for the $$$.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    daystar143 wrote:

A good weekend to all! My old house finally sold, so now I have less room to put up concert guests, but as SPALMA says, we can always make a place on the floor! Just keep on posting and hoping!

Love,
    Day
    You are the sunshine of my life, darling.......

BTW, no luck on spotting the Northern Goshawk.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    *signing thread with a giant pen* PLAY 'DA SOUTH!!!!!!!
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    SPALMA wrote:
    Development is RAMPANT down here, moved and manipulated by the same good ole boys selling off all their cow pastures (which for decades were taxed lower) to developers. Our poor little city has 4000 new home permits in the last 2 years. It is scary. Thank goodness I'll be retiring before it gets too crazy.

Yeah, here too. I live in the fastest growing city in the US (McKinney) with a population over 100,000. Its all the people moving out of Dallas.

Maybe if enough northerners move here, PJ will want to come back.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    second page rescue

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    tybird wrote:
    That would be bird man.........have only birded the coastal areas near Houston, so I am not that familiar with the woodpeckers that hang out in your area. My first guess would be Red-Bellied Woodpecker. The second guess would be either Downy Woodpecker or Red-Headed Woodpecker. If you see a different species in the winter, it is probably the Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker. Yes, they suck sap from trees. The first three species are mainly hunting insects on your trees, but they will supplement their diet with nuts when available.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

hey i thought we weren't allowed to talk about birdman on this board...be careful we don't get this thread deleted!;)

unofficial sticky ornithology bump!

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    daystar143 wrote:
    Aahhhh...the Friday workday in dear old Atlanta (I spent part of my childhood in Canton), where Buckhead bars start calling your name around noon....

Canton is a nice area. I'd like to move out of the city (current topic of conversation on this thread) and get a couple of acres in that area. Need to find a job in the north part of the city first - as you are well aware - traffic SUCKS here.

Buckhead bars aren't the happening place anymore. Now it's the Highlands and Little Five Points. Buckhead has gotten sort of rundown - the formerly hopping bar area of it anyway.

Anyway, I made it thru the ROUGH WORK today and now it's time for a goodnight BUMP.

Pleasant dreams fellow jammers~~~~~~~~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    dangerboy wrote:
    hey i thought we weren't allowed to talk about birdman on this board...be careful we don't get this thread deleted!;)

unofficial sticky ornithology bump!
    Hooray ornithology!!!!! Birmingham Audubon Society field trip in the morning......Guntersville, Alabama........a very large impoundment on the Tennessee River.........lots of ducks, grebes, loons, mergansers, gulls and Bald Eagles.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    http://livenation.pl/koncerty.php

Click on this link guys.....PJ is in Poland in June.
    Will they head South before they head to Europe again?

I can't afford to go to Poland to see them!!!!!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    http://livenation.pl/koncerty.php

Click on this link guys.....PJ is in Poland in June.
    Will they head South before they head to Europe again?

I can't afford to go to Poland to see them!!!!!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    June is when we are hoping to be in Alaska.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    June is when we are hoping to be in Alaska.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I think it will be April.

SPALMA wrote:
    No......April is a little too early for our trip to Alaska. ;)

Oh.....you saying PJ in the South might be in April.........okay, that's good.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    The ink in my giant pen is fully loaded...I'll keep signing this thread...We're on a damn mission, people!! to get PJ to go down on us!!!!!!!!! (get it?) lmao
    Early morning second page rescue

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    SPALMA wrote:

I think you're right. And if that's the case, 10C better get it together and start the process. That's not much time for folks to plan.

Early morning bump....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    I agree it will be April also. If not, well I guess we will just keep on keeping on.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    Good morning everyone. Tybird, I had a quick question. Is the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker actually being spotted or are people just mistaking its identity in your opinion? Also, have you traveled to see if you could spot it?
    And oh yeah, let PJ play down here in April. Maybe Arkansas and people can look for extinct birds and then go catch a show.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    SPALMA wrote:

April would be a fantastic time for them to make their triumphant return to The South. Would make a nice B-Day present for moi. The last time they were in Raleigh was a beautiful "relaxed but edgy" evening on Tax Day in 2003.
    I guess all we can do is continue to hope.

~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~
    ~ PLAY THE SOUTH ~

in 07
    Brian