***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'm keeping hope alive for this "music scene" rumor to be true, but honestly it doesn't look good. I searched for a couple hours last night for anything with Pj tour dates in 07 and for anything called music scene that had pj in it and found nothing...think someone is screwing with us :(
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    yield2me wrote:
    I'm keeping hope alive for this "music scene" rumor to be true, but honestly it doesn't look good. I searched for a couple hours last night for anything with Pj tour dates in 07 and for anything called music scene that had pj in it and found nothing...think someone is screwing with us :(

(I posted in other thread too)
    Yeah, maybe one of the band members having a little fun with us. They must be bored Maybe they should get back to work.

Let's get back to business:
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    SPALMA wrote:
    Let's get back to business:
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

we're back.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    yield2me wrote:
    Well I hope they do play the Dallas area.Gossman has talked to a local Orlando DJ and he says it looks like March or April they will be in Florida.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    stoneg wrote:
    Well I hope they do play the Dallas area.Gossman has talked to a local Orlando DJ and he says it looks like March or April they will be in Florida.

Anywhere close to TX would be fine, but a hometown show would be amazing!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    Anybody notice how close we are to 6000 posts on this thread?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    stoneg wrote:

Yeah, I was wondering about the Orlando connection not being included. Emailed the DJ earlier this week bit he had no new news.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    stoneg wrote:

I messaged Carter a few days ago and heard back from him right away, just told me he has nothing new to report, but that they have put off announcing the tour for a while now, I guess they just wanna be 100% about everything, I'm sure we will here something soon though!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
    TheGossman wrote:
    I messaged Carter a few days ago and heard back from him right away, just told me he has nothing new to report, but that they have put off announcing the tour for a while now, I guess they just wanna be 100% about everything, I'm sure we will here something soon though!

That radio station has had a shake up of personnel as of the first of the year - changing DJs around and some of their programming (heck, they've had car repair shows on Sun mornings and Miami games broadcast on weekends!?!) - so maybe new management? Maybe Carter is laying low?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    BUMP!

:D:D:D PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH! :D:D:D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    BUMP!

:D:D:D PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH! :D:D:D
    Nice......Thank you

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

inching forward.....one post at a time. :)
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Just play down there already.
    Geez.
    They are your fans too. Do some club dates to try out some new stuff. Play Disney. Just give the poor kids what they want.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    Just play down there already.
    Geez.
    They are your fans too. Do some club dates to try out some new stuff. Play Disney. Just give the poor kids what they want.
    There is a House of Blues at Downtown Disney.......my step daughter saw Ziggy Marley there the weekend after Thanksgiving.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • robis726robis726 Posts: 132
    6000th!!!
    Oh, if I knew where it was I would take you there...

Austin, Texas 09-16-1995
    Columbia, Maryland 09-04-2000
    San Antonio, Texas 04-05-2003
    Santa Barbara, California 07-13-2006
    Universal City, California 10-01-2009
    Austin, Texas 10-04-2009
    Dallas, Texas 11-15-2013
    Mexico City, Mexico 11-28-2015
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida 04-08-2016
    Miami, Florida 04-09-2016
    Chicago, Illinois I 08-20-2016
    Chicago, Illinois II 08-22-2016
    Seattle, Washington I 08-08-2018
    Seattle, Washington II 08-10-2018
    Boston, Massachusets I 09-02-2018
    Austin, Texas 09-18-2023
    >Fireworks< 6000 posts!!!!!!! Yeah!!!! Hooray!!!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

x 1000!!!!
    woooohooooo!!! play the south
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    tybird wrote:
    There is a House of Blues at Downtown Disney.......my step daughter saw Ziggy Marley there the weekend after Thanksgiving.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I saw Pearl Jam there in 2003. They did it once, the can do it again.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

SPALMA wrote:
    I saw Pearl Jam there in 2003. They did it once, the can do it again.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Cool.......I wondered if that was where they played that "special" show.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Give it a rest already.

Why swim the channel just to get this far?
    Halfway there, why would you turn around?

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Brian
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Give it a rest already.
    "This band is unstoppable,This weekend we rock Portland!"
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

♪ Juli ♪
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    W - O - W!
    We passed 6,000 posts today -
    you guys are awesome......

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

6,000 posts is worth a fiver :)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    high five! :p

♪ Juli ♪
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    PLAY the SOUTH for all my PJ friends!! :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn