***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybird wrote:
    Dang..........if she got a corvette, I would get her car.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Ah ha! So you'd rather have my silver streak than the fat bottomed girl you've been lusting over? :)

Anything to make my baby happy...you can have the Porsche if I can get a Lotus...
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    daystar143 wrote:
    Ah ha! So you'd rather have my silver streak than the fat bottomed girl you've been lusting over? :)

Anything to make my baby happy...you can have the Porsche if I can get a Lotus...
    Fat-bottomed girls make the rockin' world go 'round.......your car might be a little small for me on a day to day basis.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Please play at the Toyota Center in Houston... Please Please Please Please x 100000000
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    callen wrote:
    have but one..and have had it since 1988...so Its a keeper.

Aw, no fair disappointing Daystar and tybird like that.... tybird single-handedly keeps this thread "visible" on a daily basis. And Daystar doesn't give him any grief about it (I gather). ;)

Me, I'm easy...when it comes to Corvettes I'll take ANY color. :)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Goodnite car buffs and pj fans.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    Halftime of the Sugar Bowl bump

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    SPALMA wrote:
    Goodnite car buffs and pj fans.
    Hey SPALMA, we like trucks too..... :)

~Play the South~
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Aw, no fair disappointing Daystar and tybird like that.... tybird single-handedly keeps this thread "visible" on a daily basis. And Daystar doesn't give him any grief about it (I gather). ;)

Me, I'm easy...when it comes to Corvettes I'll take ANY color. :)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ....actually......my dream car is a Porsche 928. :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Still Faithful and still beggin' PLAY FLORIDA PLEASE!!! Miss and love you all!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
    tybird wrote:
    I was hoping that they could play here:
    http://www.alabamatheatre.com/

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

I'd go to see them play there! It also reminds me of The Tennessee Theatre quite a bit. I was just there, too. Only the floor isn't elevated.
    tybird wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

Nice Choice! (The nightmare part of it would be the speeding tickets)

Goodnite jammers-

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Playthe South~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Bump for the South! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Oklahoma City never gets any good shows.

I'd love for Pearl Jam to play the Ford Center in OKC.

play the south!!

:-)

I would say the two shows Oklahoma City has got have been fucking great.
    93 and 03. I love the Oklahoma OK song at the 03 show and the 93 show was young and fun Pearl Jam with us all crammed into the Travel and Trailer Center.

My hopes for 07 have Pearl Jam making it through Tulsa, OKC, Dallas and Fort Worth, Austin 2 Houstons, Shreveport, Little Rock, Memphis, Birmingham, New Orleans, Pensacola, Atlanta and on and on and on.

Still, if they never come back this way I will be grateful for what I have got and make sure as hell that I travel as far as I have to go to see them when they do tour again.
    Can't You Feel This World, With Your Heart and Not Your Brain
    Nov. 1993 OKC
    Sept. 1995 Austin
    July 1998 Kansas City
    Oct. 2000 Dallas
    June 2003 Dallas
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Bumping and saving from page 2.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Good morning bump

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Good morning all....

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~!!!!!!
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Hey SPALMA, we like trucks too..... :)

~Play the South~

Yay!!!! :)
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    tybird wrote:

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

not many know what one is....course it has to be an later S....and they are very affordable.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    jk_lukin wrote:
    Please play at the Toyota Center in Houston... Please Please Please Please x 100000000

Have you been in the Toyota Center??? Good venue? Going to see the Red Hot Chili Peppers there in couple months...can't wait.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    good morning...*****yawn******bump******
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    wow, we're close to 6k posts! Lets make it happen today folks!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    bump for the south
    6k here we come
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    well here is one more closer to 6k.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • gotjamgotjam Posts: 34
    what all the fuss is about... it would actually be nice if they where 6k actual petitions...
    gotjam wrote:
    what all the fuss is about... it would actually be nice if they where 6k actual petitions...

More contributors to this thread than many of the other "monster" threads.

The fuss is getting our message noticed - it is simple: "Please Play the South"

• Please play the south...
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
    the south the south the south
    callen wrote:
    not many know what one is....course it has to be an later S....and they are very affordable.
    A 928 S4 would be as nice as Pearl Jam playing in the South during 2007. :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~