***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    yield2me wrote:
    just a few more posts to 5900
    I think that I can contribute a little more to the cause........

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    In fact, I think that I can contribute a double shot to the cause.........since it is "Two for Tuesday"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    We love y'all down here!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Oklahoma City never gets any good shows.

I'd love for Pearl Jam to play the Ford Center in OKC.

play the south!!

:-)
    she could be another clone.
    Oklahoma City never gets any good shows.

I'd love for Pearl Jam to play the Ford Center in OKC.

play the south!!

:-)
    Welcome to the thread, RepublicanEater.............btw.....do they taste like chicken??

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Going Back to back on "Two for Tuesday"

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    Please
  • DELETEDDELETED Posts: 421
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Florida!!!!!!!!!! What else can I say? WE MISS YOU GUYS!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    We can say "5900 posts and growing on our petition thread"!!!

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ....and "Two for Tuesday" makes it 5900 and one posts on this thread.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So i see the bands little post about how great of a year it was and i cant help but feel like a little salt was poured in the wound. Still bothers me a bit they did not care to come here. Oh well.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    So i see the bands little post about how great of a year it was and i cant help but feel like a little salt was poured in the wound. Still bothers me a bit they did not care to come here. Oh well.
    Patience.........young jedi...........you must learn patience.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • I know it sucks they haven't played the south yet. They could at least play Atlanta. They could sell out Philips Arena every night for a month if they wanted to.
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    TheGossman wrote:
    just got this on myspace....

PJ and their staff would like to wish everyone a happy new year and extend a big "Thank You" for a great 2006.

It's been a great ride - from crossing Canada, going "down under" in both hemishperes, getting reacquainted with the Old Country, going coast-to-coast here at home and of course, a couple of weeks in paradise to end it up- and now a well-deserved break for the holidays. Some of us are shaking out the cobwebs and getting the headquarters warmed up for what we're hoping will be another great year.

So aloha and mahalo to you all.
    Hopefully this is good news in hiding.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    stoneg wrote:
    Hopefully this is good news in hiding.
    Nice use of a Pearl Jam song title....:)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • I know it sucks they haven't played the south yet. They could at least play Atlanta. They could sell out Philips Arena every night for a month if they wanted to.

Bump to hope its not Philips they play. The one time they did, the sound was terrible. Not a fan of concerts at Philips. I prefer the boys at HiFiBuys myself :) Some sunshine & Pearl Jam, thats the way I like it.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Bump to hope its not Philips they play. The one time they did, the sound was terrible. Not a fan of concerts at Philips. I prefer the boys at HiFiBuys myself :) Some sunshine & Pearl Jam, thats the way I like it.

Same thing with Tampa... new amphitheater is much better than the Ice Palace. And West Palm's Coral Skies Amphitheater is just beautiful. and in April, the sun sets right behind the stage, just when the show starts.
    Am so hoping.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    I was hoping that they could play here:
    http://www.alabamatheatre.com/

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    tybird wrote:
    I was hoping that they could play here:
    http://www.alabamatheatre.com/

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~

That would be cool! I've never been to Alablama - would have to see that show!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    That would be cool! I've never been to Alablama - would have to see that show!
    Great venue.........old "showplace" movie theater built in the 1930's.......I have seen Dwight Yoakam, Government Mule, North Mississippi All-stars and the Drive-by Truckers at this venue. Great place to see a show.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    intodeep wrote:

Must be something in the Atlanta air because I had the same reaction. I'm also a little miffed that I haven't received "Deep" yet. Just a momentary frame of mind that will cease shortly. Surely they (10C) realize how we feel down here....?

Anyway - here's my lunchtime bump. Time for somebody to lift my spirits again I guess......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    tybird wrote:
    Nice use of a Pearl Jam song title....:)

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    thank you sir,Any day now would be nice for some tour news.Hoping and praying!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    weenie wrote:
    Must be something in the Atlanta air because I had the same reaction. I'm also a little miffed that I haven't received "Deep" yet. Just a momentary frame of mind that will cease shortly. Surely they (10C) realize how we feel down here....?

Anyway - here's my lunchtime bump. Time for somebody to lift my spirits again I guess......

its going to be okay....I know the fellas are cool.....they have to be to have created such incredible music...hence they know how we feel..and they realize how many fans in the south are moved by their music...they come...for sure...mark my words.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • A bump in honor of our new head coach...Welcome, Nick....hope you fare better than our last few coaches! One advantage for ya down here in Crimson Tide land...you don't have Daunte Culpepper to worry about! One disadvantage, for 40 million bucks, we damn well better beat Auburn!
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
  • Oh, and one more bump in honor of my beloved husband (who, alas, is NOT the new head coach at Alabama)....

Congrats on another semester, good luck and I'm so proud of you.
    The Daystar

"But --you say that Dreams have no power here? Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar...Ask yourselves, all of you...What power would hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to Dream of Heaven?" Dream speaking to Lucifer as written by Neil Gaiman.
    daystar143 wrote:
    Oh, and one more bump in honor of my beloved husband (who, alas, is NOT the new head coach at Alabama)....

Congrats on another semester, good luck and I'm so proud of you.
    What a great wife, eh? Bumping because I have a great wife, and the doctor told me that I could begin blowing my nose again!!!! :D

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    callen wrote:
    its going to be okay....I know the fellas are cool.....they have to be to have created such incredible music...hence they know how we feel..and they realize how many fans in the south are moved by their music...they come...for sure...mark my words.

Thanks Callen! That was just what the Doctor ordered...a good dose of logic to quash that pity party I was having. You rock dude!!
    P.S. why don't you post some pics or send me a message with pics of cars you've restored. I'm into the older Corvettes and the muscle cars in general from the 60's - 70's. I'd like to see your work.
    thanks for spreading the jam.........
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • weenie wrote:
    Thanks Callen! That was just what the Doctor ordered...a good dose of logic to quash that pity party I was having. You rock dude!!
    P.S. why don't you post some pics or send me a message with pics of cars you've restored. I'm into the older Corvettes and the muscle cars in general from the 60's - 70's. I'd like to see your work.
    thanks for spreading the jam.........

Callen...skip the pictures and send me and Weenie a Corvette each...I like red...
    The Daystar

• callencallen Posts: 6,388
    daystar143 wrote:
    Callen...skip the pictures and send me and Weenie a Corvette each...I like red...

have but one..and have had it since 1988...so Its a keeper.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
    callen wrote:
    have but one..and have had it since 1988...so Its a keeper.
    Dang..........if she got a corvette, I would get her car.

~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
    ~Play the South~
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    to the top with you!!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra