***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Here is a bump for the 03 charlotte show that was such a great show.

C R E E D C R E E D :)

come see us pearl jam.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Here's a bump just because.............
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    and here's another bump because it's "Two for Tuesday"!!!!!!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    Westernsky wrote:
    Unfortunately I don't have an answer, but I do have something to contribute. A friend of mine was chatting with Mike and Matt on Saturday and they mentioned that Hawaii will be their last show of the year. The date with U2 will be as an opener, 1 1/2 hours tops, so they don't really consider that their gig. He also said that Mike mentioned something about more dates next year. So who knows what it all means.

A little hope on the horizon... certainly makes thing a little brighter here. Thanks.
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    SPALMA wrote:
    A little hope on the horizon... certainly makes thing a little brighter here. Thanks.
    Hope does a body good..........
    ..........you know, since it is "Two for Tuesday"..........we could hit 4600 today.
    2nd page save...........
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Dont you just love the rollercoaster of emotions that encompasses this thread? Nice to hear a blurb that could possibly lead one to insinuate about some potential somethings next year.
    Seriously though, isn't that really what we expected/hoped for at this point. 2007 has been the more realistic goal for a while now. Lets just hope it happens.
    In the meantime, just post like there is no fucking tomorrow!
    Brian
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below (or any other that you like), or just visit your local home improvement
    megastore.

2) Purchase your trees. (stealing your neighbor's trees and re-planting them is NOT recommended :D.)

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.

Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!:)

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE! :D

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Facts From the Arbor Day Foundation Site:

Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.
    __ __ ____ ___ ___ _____ ___ _____ ___ ___ ___ __ __ ___

So, based on the list we have so far (if youve planted a tree or ten, please add your name to the list that's circulating):

We will have generated $ 4,687,500.00 worth of oxygen, provided $9,300,000.00 worth of air polution control, recycled $5,625,000.00 worth of water and controlled $4,725,000.00 worth of soil erosion!!! :D

How about those numbers boys and girls...all from 15 people planting 10 trees each for a grand total of only $150 !!

So, let me reitterate my point again in another way...for only $10...1/2 the cost of your 10c membership, 1/3 the cost of a tour poster (about 1/10 if you go and flip it on eBay) or the roughly the cost of 9 Wendy's Bacon Jr. Cheesburgers (plus tax)... you can help out a great cause and get PJ's attention in an environmentally friendly way....

Help us offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism header on 10c website) of PJ's tour, (and hopefully grab enough of their attention that they will add the South to their 2007 tour itenerary), by coughing up measly 10 bucks on your next payday (you're only gonna blow it on booze and smokes anyway)..... visit one of the suggested websites today and......

PLANT A FEW TREES so PJ will PLAY THE SOUTH!

Just a reminder about this great cause to finish off the DOUBLE SHOT.
    Brian
  • RodrigoDuRodrigoDu Posts: 140
    ok... i will bump again
    Please PJ play the south!
    "The ocean's made me, but who came up with love?"

D.C. '00
    West Palm Beach '03
    Tampa '03
    Philadelphia '03
    Albany '03
    Mexico City 1,2,3 '03
    Pittsburgh '06
    Cincinnati '06
    NYC 2 '10
    Costa Rica '11
    Mexico City '15
    Dana Point '21
    Chicago 2 '24
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    Dont you just love the rollercoaster of emotions that encompasses this thread?

i personally am exhausted by it....

unofficial sticky good news? bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    i planted a tree (or trees or other vegetation) to offset my carbon footprint while travelling to see pearl jam play the south, and am sending proof to the ten club in the form of a certificate of gift planting or photo of my planting

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie
    mauichick
    SPALMA
    pathorses
    pickupyourwill
    solat1973
    makingwaves
    NCBRI
    dollpartz
    holleroxx
    stoneg

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

please use the quote function, add your name to the list, and repost!

never received my cert from american forestry store. still waiting on recently purchased trees from arbor day foundation.....total trees purchased for this effort: 35

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    Is everybody's hands in the air.........we are riding a roller coaster, eh?
    And a "Two for Tuesday" bump.........smelling our next plateau......
  • TimmyleTimmyle Posts: 21
    another bump for tuesday. dang it, it's been too long since I've seen some PJ live in person
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Bump, there is a ray of sunshine for a 2007 tour- YES!!
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • holleroxxholleroxx Posts: 473
    Loving our short lived cold front in Florida and still faithful! Play the south!!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Oh so close to the next plateau, 4600..............keep posting'em peoples.

The South
    Two for Tuesday bump...........good night and God bless.
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
    Good morning.........2nd page rescue effort bump.........Remember
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Hey maybe they will come to Florida now.Nice and Cold for them.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    Thank God.........cold weather, finally............The South
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,293
    dangerboy wrote:
    i personally am exhausted by it....

unofficial sticky good news? bump

It has worn me out too. But it is a ray of hope and that is good.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    NCBRI wrote:
    Dont you just love the rollercoaster of emotions that encompasses this thread? Nice to hear a blurb that could possibly lead one to insinuate about some potential somethings next year.
    Seriously though, isn't that really what we expected/hoped for at this point. 2007 has been the more realistic goal for a while now. Lets just hope it happens.
    In the meantime, just post like there is no fucking tomorrow!

I think the rollercoaster of emotions is evidence of the resiliency of the human spirit- and the effect of our love for Pearl Jam and the potency of hope...

oh, and bump, like there is no fucking tomorrow!
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
    We have now passed 4600 posts on our way to God knows how many......our work is good and true. Peace
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    my bump for the day!

well damnit, i woke up freezing .. so, pearl jam needs to warm me with their ...

live music

or something :D
    Speaking of trees.......just got an e-mail from the National Wildlife Federation....it seems that if I purchase a 100% organic tee-shirt from their catalog, they will plant either a cedar, a mahogany or cacao tree in my name. So many options......but I will actually pull the trigger on one of these tree thingies one day.

The South
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    wishing that this cold weather would last all winter long, i'm loving it!

and as always, hoping for some PJ concert news soon!