***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky bump

anybody else doing the tree thing? i hope my certificate isn't the only one to show up there....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    bump for the cause...both of them ;)

c'mon, y'all! buy some trees and get those certificates sent!!

• Please, Please, Pleeeeeeease! (sung like in Go)
  • From the Arbor Day Foundation site:
    http://www.arborday.org/shopping/tictim/TICSample.cfm

FACT:
    Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.

Fact:
    (10) of those green leafy little buggers are hitting the soil as we speak and a certificate is on it way indicating that 10 Lodgepole Pines and Douglas Firs have been planted in honor of Pearl Jams 2006 /2007 Tour, Celebrating the "Please Play the South Movement" made possible by Barkingdogs....Soon to be forwarded to the 10c.

Fact: Getting those certificates rolling into the 10c might just get the band headed south...Keep up the AWESOME work!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

hehe. Now THAT's what I'm talking about :D glad to see some fellow Go loving people :p

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEEEEEEEEE....PLAY THE SOUTH SOON...PLAY THE SOUTH SOON....PLAY THE SOUTH SOON....PLAY THE...THE...THE SOUTH!!! WAH!!!!!! *Mike solo*waaaaweeeeeewooooooooooowuuuuuuuwaaaweeeeeeewaaaaaaaweeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa*end of solo*

:) DON'T GO ON US! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLAY THE SOUTH SOON! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • From the Arbor Day Foundation site:
    http://www.arborday.org/shopping/tictim/TICSample.cfm

FACT:
    Over the course of 50 years, a single tree can generate $31,250 of oxygen, provide $62,000 worth of air pollution control, recycle $37,500 worth of water, and control $31,500 worth of soil erosion.

Fact:
    (10) of those green leafy little buggers are hitting the soil as we speak and a certificate is on it way indicating that 10 Lodgepole Pines and Douglas Firs have been planted in honor of Pearl Jams 2006 /2007 Tour, Celebrating the "Please Play the South Movement" made possible by Barkingdogs....Soon to be forwarded to the 10c.

Fact: Getting those certificates rolling into the 10c might just get the band headed south...Keep up the AWESOME work!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

FACT:

Fact:

That's awesome. I like the cause :) Let's plant away! :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    This is a fantastic idea that would help out our little planet and get attention to our cause at the same time. This is genius! :D I applaud this idea.

It seems this club I'm a member of in college will be planting some trees, so I'll be doing that :) Trees are just awesome.

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    This is a fantastic idea that would help out our little planet and get attention to our cause at the same time. This is genius! :D I applaud this idea.

It seems this club I'm a member of in college will be planting some trees, so I'll be doing that :) Trees are just awesome.

juli...take a picture of the planting and send that in!!!

unofficial sticky carbon footprint bump

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ooh! the threads got merged!

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    ooh! the threads got merged!

Saaaweeet! Now my idea won't die a slow painful "lost thread" death somewhere in the last pages of the forum.....

Remember, for half the cost of a 10c membership you can plant 10 trees in honor of PJ's return to the south....

Help keep this puppy on the front page.....

Bumpin it fer a tree ya'll !

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

anybody else doing the tree thing? i hope my certificate isn't the only one to show up there....

Mine's on the way....forwarding to 10c as soon as it arrives ....10 trees planted...

Aint this special...2 little PJ fans and 20 new trees are photosynthesising as we speak....If you listen close you can hear em breathing from here.

Get to work boys and girls and get those trees in the ground and those certificates sent in.....

WE CAN AND WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN !

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    My lunchtime bump
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • bump bump bump
    please play the south!
    I would sell my pug dog to see the guys in this sweltering sauna. It will be nice in January and Febuary, we promise!
    i knelt and emptied the mouth of every PUG around...

7/5/98 dallas, 10/14/00 houston, 10/15/00 houston, 10/17/00 dallas, 4/5/03 san antonio, 4/6/03 houston, 6/9/03 dallas, 10/8/04 kissimmee
  • worlie wrote:
    bump bump bump
    please play the south!
    I would sell my pug dog to see the guys in this sweltering sauna.

Please, plant a tree instead....your Pug will love ya for it!

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

DOGS LOVE TREES! WOOF!

HOW 'BOUT A BIG FAT PUG DOG BUMP FOR PLAYIN' THE SOUTH!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Plant a tree ! See PJ!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Trees Rock (see the posts by Barkingdogs)

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    back to the top unofficial sticky bump for the trees

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Getting ready to go to the Aububon Society meeting.......an environmentaly friendly kinda thing to do.......

Trees Rock

Please play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    after work bump
  • Aint this special...2 little PJ fans and 20 new trees are photosynthesising as we speak....If you listen close you can hear em breathing from here.

Make that 3 li'l PJ fans and 30 new trees! My air feels fresher already....
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Pearl jam Please play the south!!
    Adopt a wheatfield.
    Plant a tree.
  • Make that 3 li'l PJ fans and 30 new trees! My air feels fresher already....

HELL YEAH...HERE WE GO...U PEOPLE F'**IN ROCK!

A BIG OLE' BUMP FOR TREE PLANTING PEOPLE!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    behindtheeyes

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

• weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Waiting for Grey's Anatomy BUMP.

Play the South!
    Please
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below, or any other that you like.

2) Purchase your trees

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.
    Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate or photo to the 10c at the below address.

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers