***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    if you've bought or planted trees for this cause, please copy and paste and add your name....

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    going to bed bump! good night.
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • weenie wrote:
    Waiting for Grey's Anatomy BUMP.

Play the South!
    Please
    Same here! I can't get enough of that show. PLAY FLORIDA AND THE SOUTH!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back from the Audubon Society meeting bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    unofficial sticky "don't get lost in the 20 chicago poster threads" bump

• Come on boys and girls...posters are $32.50......I KNOW you can spring for $10 for 10 healthy little trees....Come on do it...whats 10 more bucks on the credit card....

makin' the bump for trees........

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • how bout a "just got my ass kicked at poker, cant win a damn race to save my life" bump!

dogs CAN play poker.....

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    I'm an avid gardner. As a matter of fact, I have well over 1000 rose bushes planted in my gardens. So I will buy a ton more in the next few days from Chamblee's Nursery in Texas, they are the best! I will take pics of my flowers and show how much I care for nature.

I hope roses count!

The 10 dollars for the ten trees is not the best quality trees. But let me tell you guys, they are the size of toothpicks but the cause is amazing! So go for it because once in awhile you will get a decent size tree. Just think it's for a good cause.
    Where is Lowlight?
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    This was on page 2 .No Way!!! BUMP!!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • BeBe wrote:
    The 10 dollars for the ten trees is not the best quality trees. But let me tell you guys, they are the size of toothpicks but the cause is amazing! So go for it because once in awhile you will get a decent size tree. Just think it's for a good cause.

Yeah, you've got to figure what $10 will buy, but like you said, if only one tree makes it, I figure its worth money I'd probably just spend on stupid stuff, anyway!

Come on, people! Donate some trees, send pictures of your nature, whatever! How cool would it be to be able to say you went out on a limb to be a part of a grass roots movement that really branched off into a huge thing???

We can doooeeeeet!!!
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Just got to work bump!

Plant a Tree!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • Here's my took half the day off and slept in bump....
    Mornin' everyone! Who brought coffee?
  • BeBe wrote:
    I'm an avid gardner. As a matter of fact, I have well over 1000 rose bushes planted in my gardens. So I will buy a ton more in the next few days from Chamblee's Nursery in Texas, they are the best! I will take pics of my flowers and show how much I care for nature.

I hope roses count!

Just think it's for a good cause.

Roses most certainly will count! Thanks!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

if you're digging a hole and planting anything, it counts in my book. wear a pj tee while you do it.

A Roses=a bush=a plant=a tree bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below, or any other that you like.

2) Purchase your trees

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.
    Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate or photo to the 10c at the below address.

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Ok..Ok... I would sooner get rid of my pug than get rid of my arm. Right arm. I love him. His name is Charles and he does like trees. He pees on them.

Be careful about planting trees in the ground right now, it is still too hot for little ones, unless you want to water them endlessly.

We plan to buy some large full grown trees in a month AND I am paying a company to move some very large Yucca Cactus and Century Plants (so big they have to be removed by backhoe) when we have the money. She was just gonna get rid of them. So I saved some plants....

PLAY THE SOUTH!!!!!
    i knelt and emptied the mouth of every PUG around...

7/5/98 dallas, 10/14/00 houston, 10/15/00 houston, 10/17/00 dallas, 4/5/03 san antonio, 4/6/03 houston, 6/9/03 dallas, 10/8/04 kissimmee
  • this is a "dangerboy was right, shoulda stayed away from "moving train" thread...theyre beating a dog over there" bump!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • 10 trees to be planted for "Katrina releaf" project through historictrees.org - the link was on the american forests store. I didn't get a certificate to send though, just an email receipt. Should I just email 10club?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • 10 trees to be planted for "Katrina releaf" project through historictrees.org - the link was on the american forests store. I didn't get a certificate to send though, just an email receipt. Should I just email 10club?

Thanks! You Rock!....I would snail mail that receipt to the 10c...

bumping it for anther 10 trees purchased!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    10 trees to be planted for "Katrina releaf" project through historictrees.org - the link was on the american forests store. I didn't get a certificate to send though, just an email receipt. Should I just email 10club?
    Sure...........why not??? Front and Center for the South!!!

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • Think I'm gonna keep my politics separate from my music..."here's to me staying out of the moving train thread, i've already got a headache after 30 minutes" bump!

Plant a tree!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Yall help me out here, just a thought..but I'm for swamping them with "snail mail"...too easy to send email to the junk folder...I dont know...what's everybody elses take on this?

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

yeah, I think the only site that sends the certificate is the arbor day site. You can just send PJ your receipt, confirmation or just an email, though! They'll get the point.

Awesome!

You are U, who you are.
    Yall help me out here, just a thought..but I'm for swamping them with "snail mail"...too easy to send email to the junk folder...I dont know...what's everybody elses take on this?
    This is a snail mail sounds like a good idea to me bump

Trees Rock

Please play the South
  • Yall help me out here, just a thought..but I'm for swamping them with "snail mail"...too easy to send email to the junk folder...I dont know...what's everybody elses take on this?

I like that idea, too- just make sure to reference the Tree thing on the envelope so we don't get lumped in with Sally Two-Shoes who just wants Eddie's autograph.

You are U, who you are.