***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• I like that idea, too- just make sure to reference the Tree thing on the envelope so we don't get lumped in with Sally Two-Shoes who just wants Eddie's autograph.

I'm mailing the receipt. I put "Trees for Pearl Jam" on the outside of the envelope. They may open it expecting seedlings to fall out - ha!
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Bump for the list in the previous post

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • *** Updated Mailing Instructions***

Movin this info to the last page for all to see.....

This little movement seems to have grown some legs of its own....

The *** Official Plant a Tree, Play the South*** petition has been merged with this thread.

Im going to keep posting this until we get lots more people on board.

We are hoping to get the attention of the band and do something great for the enviroment at the same time. What we would like to do is plant as many trees as possible in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" (see Activism) of PJ'S tour when they come southward (and I know they will!)

Below are some suggested links to foundations that will plant trees for small donations. They will even send you a certificate indicating that the trees have been planted and where they were planted. For as little as 10 bucks, only half the cost of your 10c membership, you can get 10 trees planted in honor of PJ's Southern Tour leg in 2007.

My 10 trees are planted and they should be photosynthesising as we speak. Once my certificate arrives, it will be forwarded to the 10c.

Folks, its entirely possible, with a little help we could get litterally thousands of trees planted with this little "Southern Homegrown Movement".

The steps are simple:

1) Pick a foundation from the links below, or any other that you like.

2) Purchase your trees

3) Have your certificate, if applicable, filled out to indicate that these trees were planted in honor of Pearl Jam's Southern US Tour in 2007.
    Or, if you plant a tree at your house, just snap a picture.

4) Send your certificate, printed email receipt or photo to the 10c at the below address.

** SNAIL MAIL IS THE OPTIMAL ATTENTION GETTING METHOD.**
    on the outside of your envelope please write:
    "Trees for Pearl Jam Movement"

It's that easy!

Let's really get the band's attention in a positive way instead of just bitchin and moaning!

Re-Forestation Links:

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

And the 10c address to mail in that certificate or photo:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO HAVE OFFERED A BOATLOAD OF AWESOME SUGGESTIONS AND HELPFUL LINKS AND THANKS FOR BEING ALL AROUND COOL PEOPLE!

LET'S MAKE THIS WORK! GO PLANT A TREE!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    Yall help me out here, just a thought..but I'm for swamping them with "snail mail"...too easy to send email to the junk folder...I dont know...what's everybody elses take on this?

don't want to piss them off. just sending shit just to send shit would surely piss them off. stuffing their mailbox for a valid reason, like with gift tree certificates is one thing, but doing it just to make a pile for them is more likely to piss them off, imho....

unofficial sticky i quit the train over a year ago for lack of rational discussion bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • dangerboy wrote:
    don't want to piss them off. just sending shit just to send shit would surely piss them off. stuffing their mailbox for a valid reason, like with gift tree certificates is one thing, but doing it just to make a pile for them is more likely to piss them off, imho....

unofficial sticky i quit the train over a year ago for lack of rational discussion bump

I swear I think its all that Nyquil you took and in college that time and slept for 20 hrs....nobody said nuttin' bout sending in shit just to be sending in shit....we were obviously talking about the certificates, receipts, pix etc....Am I going to have to drive over there and explain all this to ya?....LMAO...(yer still tops in my book!)

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    A I post far less over on the train nowadays for the very same reason...

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    Lunchtime Bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
    After Lunch bump...

Trees rock

Please Play the South
  • 2nd page..no way!

Bumping for the trees again!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    unofficial sticky just got a second to bump and run bump...

bumping to keep it front and center.......

Trees rock

Please Play the South
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    home from work bump
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • Time-for-my-Belly-Dancing-Gig-Bump....

FLORIDA LOVE YOU GUYS!
    unofficial sticky just got into work and will be bumping for the next few hours shooting for an LA poster bump

• playin poker so i can buy more trees bump!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

if that's what it depends on, we're all shit out of luck ;)

• dangerboy wrote:
    if that's what it depends on, we're all shit out of luck ;)
    yeah...it's the weak players like you that crack my aces with K,2 suited thats gonna keep us from buyin more trees....soOOOOoooo there....BUMP DAMNIT, BUMP IT FER A TREE!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

hey, i'm not getting anywhere near the crack of your ace, buddy....

• dangerboy wrote:
    hey, i'm not getting anywhere near the crack of your ace, buddy....

Did i say K,2 suited a minute ago....well i meant K,J off....son of a bitch!...how in the hell can these people play these hands! AA down the crapper again...they keep playin like this i may be diggin those trees up!..........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

bumpin it fer crappy poker playing and TREES!

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    Did i say K,2 suited a minute ago....well i meant K,J off....son of a bitch!...how in the hell can these people play these hands! AA down the crapper again...they keep playin like this i may be diggin those trees up!..........AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

bumpin it fer crappy poker playing and TREES!

...K, J-yourself-off assmonkey

• dangerboy wrote:
    ...K, J-yourself-off assmonkey
    That sir is barely humerous..and slightly retarded...You don't have permission to laugh!......

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    Just "planted my trees" and had the certificate sent to 10 Club. I hope everybody indicates what the trees are in honor of..... PJ Southern Tour in '07, whether it's e-mail or certificate - we southerners need to let them know we're expecting a tour.

(Hey Barkingdogs, I'll be putting that list together tomorrow!)

Play the South!!
    Please??
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    weenie wrote:
    Just "planted my trees" and had the certificate sent to 10 Club. I hope everybody indicates what the trees are in honor of..... PJ Southern Tour in '07, whether it's e-mail or certificate - we southerners need to let them know we're expecting a tour.

(Hey Barkingdogs, I'll be putting that list together tomorrow!)

Play the South!!
    Please??

barkingdogs
    dangerboy
    behindtheeyes
    BeBe
    Riverrunner
    weenie

keep the list going, i mean "growing" unofficial sticky bump

• worldworld Posts: 266
    They should just play the South already. I dont even live there, but they should get a few shows.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
    Tornado warnings here and there in Central Alabamy tonight bump

Trees Rock

Please Play the South
    unofficial sticky wading through the poster posts again bump...