***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The post PTI bump

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    The what!!!! No "King of the Hill" on FX this afternoon bump

Please play the South

At least play Texas, and make Hank Hill proud :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Please!!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • B U M P ! ! !
    I'll be back
    bump dammit bump

just a bump
  • Yeah, they're coming. I can feel it!!!!!
  • bump back to page 1!! Play the SOUTH!!
    And sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky,a human being that was given 2 fly - Bryan you are loved R.I.P
    Mid-evening bump

Please play the South
    The back end of another double shot.....here on Two for Tuesday

Please Play the South
    bump
    burnt out on the bump
  • It was suggested i paste this from the Plant a Tree, Get PJ to the South thread I started...got a few folks on board..need more...

*** The Official PLANT a TREE, PLAY the SOUTH Petition ***

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=216031

There are several things all southerners know very well...thats
    1) Bourbon
    2) BBQ
    3) Great Rock N' Roll
    4) Beautiful Southern Belles.
    (notice the order...the first three are the only ones that really won't EVER let you down !)

Since Southerners also know agriculture, I figured what better way to get GREAT ROCK N' ROLL (PJ) to come South than to COMMIT to plant AT LEAST ONE TREE in order to offset the "Carbon Footprint" of PJ's Tour (see "activism").
    Just two Southern Venues would (=) approx. 40,000 trees if every ticket holder commited to plant just one tree in order to steer this tour back towards the Southern U.S.
    Personally , I'll plant 10 trees if I dont have to wait until 2009 to see the band. Now let's do something good for our environment and get the band headed back South !

This was soon folowed by a post from "behindtheeyes":

http://www.arborday.org/join/TICTIM/index.cfm

http://www.americanforeststore.org/

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/

Some of the links found by everyone so far. Consider my 10 trees planted! And I don't even have any dirt under my fingernails!!!!

really do love this idea- I guess you could go to any environmental charity you want to- just make the donation 'in honor' or 'celebration' of

'Pearl Jam- 2007 Southern States Tour'

and send the certificate to:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

(that's the fan mail address)

Or you could plant a tree, take a picture of it and send it to the same address

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers

'Pearl Jam- 2007 Southern States Tour'

and send the certificate to:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

(that's the fan mail address)

Or you could plant a tree, take a picture of it and send it to the same address!

This is a most excellent suggestion....I say we try it..you got nothing to lose...

- Benjamin Franklin

-Will Rogers
    You know, NCBRI may have something there.... if we got a bunch of people to contribute to a cause like that, in behalf of PJ playing the South, it might encourage SOMEONE to at least let us know what's going on.......... and would make the boys, and the trees, happy!!

I can't take credit for that idea. I was just acting on the idea. It was suggested and talked about a while back in this thread and some links have been posted. The idea has taken on a thread of its own now thanks to BarkingDogs.
    Brian
  • This is a most excellent suggestion....I say we try it..you got nothing to lose...

i agree. i'm happy to see someone taking a real proactive stand, rather than just complaining. whether it gets the guys down south or not, it would do a great deal of good. nice thinking :)
    9/16/98, 8/30/00, 7/2/03, 7/11/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 5/13/06, 5/24/06, 5/25/06
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    My last 2 for Tuesday bump and probably my last bump for a while.

My day: Got off work early! Learned who Rachel Ray is. Made my quota of charitable donations for a while. Helped the cause to plant some trees in the Gulf Coast Region. Donated for the fight against MS in honor of my cousin who has worked very hard to help the campaign aginst the disease. Heard another Rachel Ray reference while watching The Daily Show. Made a few alterations to my DVR schedule to include The Rachel Ray Show. Downloaded a Smashing Pumpkins show that took place right here in beautiful Chapel Hill/Carrboro back in 2000 (wish I had been able to go).

As the great poet Ice Cube once said: "It was a good day".

Good night The South.
    Brian
    Good Morning everybody bump

Please play the South.

Trees rock.
    Trees rock...............

Please Play the South
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    good morning,Stone says they will tour the south bump!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    The I love to see those massive cameras in Italy for a DVD bump...I feel it in my bones...a DVD coming up!!!!!!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • BeBeBeBe Posts: 229
    Bumping!!!
    Where is Lowlight?
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    another day....another day with no word at all....just another day

unofficial sticky half-hearted day bump

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Ten items from a Dollar Store: $10
    A $10 Gift Card from Target: $10
    Four gallons of gas: $10

The chance to plant 10 trees to show our favorite band how much we want them to come to us PLUS the benefit of helping the environment?

Priceless.

(well, actually $10, but you get the point....) :)
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • alabamaalabama Posts: 101
    This is the 'holy shit they played Tremor Christ last night in Italy' bump! I am so jealous!
    dangerboy wrote:
    another day....another day with no word at all....just another day

unofficial sticky half-hearted day bump

yep, same here

just another bump
    done. bought 15 trees for monarchs via the american forestry store thingy....didn't get a chance to put in an address for where to send the certificate, so i guess i'll just forward it when i get it at home.....

plant some trees for play the south!!

ok, trying to get motivated again....

just bought 15 trees for monarchs via brian's american forestry store link....it didnt ask me where i want the certificate sent, so i'm assuming they'll just send it to my billing address, and i'll forward it to the fan mail address after i get it....

plant some trees for play the south!!

unofficial sticky bump

• I'm no tree hugger (HAHAHA),but I think this is an excellent idea, the best I've heard in a while. And as badly as I would like to have them come to the south next year, I think it a good thing even if they don't
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all