***Official Please Play The South Petition***

Comments

• Two for Tuesday. Atlanta please.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • And the triple - to get me to 200 posts.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Going to San Antonio this afternoon for a conference for the rest of the week. Whoo-hoo! Margaritas on the River Walk!

Please play TEXAS!!

(and the south, mid-west, etc.)
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • I cant believe there is not one other person willing to plant a tree to see pearljam....

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    - Benjamin Franklin

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.
    -Will Rogers
    and one for the road....
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Back from class bump

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    And the cat is glad that I'm home bump......for the doubleshot.

Please Play the South
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    I will plant a tree to see Pearl Jam in the South.......if you can't directly plant a tree, I'm sure there efforts that you can donate $$$ to in order to preserve extant trees or plant new ones........I know that there was a fund raising effort recently to aid the hemlocks in the Great Smokie Mountain National Park.
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Bump, for taking a half day off from work on another beautiful day in the South.
    Brian
    dangerboy wrote:
    morning unofficial sticky bump for the new rachel ray show...yeehaw!!

And I'll take a two-fer of Rachel Ray. Never heard of her, but Mr. Google just introduced us. I never actually watch the Food Network, but I may have to start. I bet she would love to see PJ play The South even though she's from the Northeast. She just looks like that generous kinda person. Probably grooves out to Dirty Frank before the show.
    Brian
  • dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    NCBRI wrote:
    And I'll take a two-fer of Rachel Ray. Never heard of her, but Mr. Google just introduced us. I never actually watch the Food Network, but I may have to start. I bet she would love to see PJ play The South even though she's from the Northeast. She just looks like that generous kinda person. Probably grooves out to Dirty Frank before the show.

she has a new show that just started in syndication on monday...you know, on regular tv stations like channel 11 wtvd here at 10 in the morning...oprah got to be a big fan of hers and offered to syndicate a new show for her...she's already got like 3 different shows on food network....

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
    unofficial sticky twofer bump....

• http://www.arborday.org/shopping/tictim/TICSample.cfm

Only 10 bucks and a certificate gets sent to Pearl Jam telling them that 10 trees have been planted in CELEBRATION of them playing the SOUTH!!!!!!!

Of course, I expect a show somewhere on Hilton Head Island for finding this link.....
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    bump for food
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    two bumps for food

food is good
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    http://www.arborday.org/shopping/tictim/TICSample.cfm

Only 10 bucks and a certificate gets sent to Pearl Jam telling them that 10 trees have been planted in CELEBRATION of them playing the SOUTH!!!!!!!

Of course, I expect a show somewhere on Hilton Head Island for finding this link.....

hahah i could live with that, im right over the bridge from there :D

so yeah, i really cant plant a tree (lives in the city) but, i know alot of places i can go and donate money....

but i want to know for sure that my efforts will not be wasted :D

• but i want to know for sure that my efforts will not be wasted :D

Now, really- is that the right attitude to have? :) The point of this is to help the environment. A Pearl Jam show that I can actually drive to would just be a perk....... ;)

You are U, who you are.
  • come on, lets do it...best "petition" i have ever seen on here
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • stonegstoneg Posts: 1,940
    lunchtime bump!!
    Ft. Lauderdale 96'
    Tampa 00'
    West Palm Beach 03'
    House of Blues 03'
    Tampa 03'
    Kissimmee 04'
    West Palm Beach 08'
    Tampa 08'
    Eddie Vedder Clearwater both nights 2012
  • I really do love this idea- I guess you could go to any environmental charity you want to- just make the donation 'in honor' or 'celebration' of

'Pearl Jam- 2007 Southern States Tour'

and send the certificate to:

Pearl Jam
    PO Box 4570
    Seattle, WA
    98194-0570

(that's the fan mail address)

Or you could plant a tree, take a picture of it and send it to the same address!

You are U, who you are.
    i have to admit that if all these "we planted some trees in your honor" certificates were to start showing up at the 10c with messages from us lowly southerners attached, that might do some real good towards our cause....great idea dogs, great link eyes!!

Bump because I just finished lunch........

Please Play the South
    And the "Two for Tuesday" bump because it's time to study some Invertebrate Zoology.......first test on Thursday.

Please Play the South
  • Did y'all see the 'plant a tree' thread? Really, how could they say 'no'?????

You are U, who you are.
    Here is the organization that is fighting to save the Hemlocks in the Great Smoky Mountains (I can't believe that I kept mis-spelling Smoky Mountains....doh!)

http://www.saveourhemlocks.org/
    Bumping because I can bump

Please Play the South
    and another twofer because "it's cool to bump" bump

Please Play the South
    The whole "Plant a Tree" thing got me rummaging around on the web. Found this site: http://www.americanforeststore.org/
    With charities you never know what is the best, but just thought I would post this one. They have a couple of diffent campaigns including ones that "ReLeaf" in the Katrina devestated Gulf Coast Area and plant trees in a South Texas Wildlife Refuge. They have others as well, but I thought I'd just mention those in particular because someone might be interested in donating to a cause in the southern US specifically. I'm sure if you work at it, you can find causes more local to yourself.
    I decided to donate $15 to the Katrina ReLeaf campaign which will plant 15 trees.
    Brian
    NCBRI wrote:
    The whole "Plant a Tree" thing got me rummaging around on the web. Found this site: http://www.americanforeststore.org/
    With charities you never know what is the best, but just thought I would post this one. They have a couple of diffent campaigns including ones that "ReLeaf" in the Katrina devestated Gulf Coast Area and plant trees in a South Texas Wildlife Refuge. They have others as well, but I thought I'd just mention those in particular because someone might be interested in donating to a cause in the southern US specifically. I'm sure if you work at it, you can find causes more local to yourself.
    I decided to donate $15 to the Katrina ReLeaf campaign which will plant 15 trees.

And by the way, I'm doing because of the cause. It isn't some kinda of bribery act. If anything, being a follower of the band has contributed to my own awareness of issues such as this, but by no means am I or should anyone else do this because they think it will magically get the band to play in their neck of the woods. Do it because its a good idea and because it could help to offsett any negatives to the environment caused by those inevitable future tour dates in The South.
    Brian